'06 Tshirt Design Ideas?

MissJenn

Well, I'm no graphic artist.... but I DO think the color of the shirt should be a bright one. This would help with visibility while CITOers are picking up litter along roadways - so, say, orange? As for an image... what about Signal with one of those pointy-stick-trash-picker-uppers and an over-the-shoulder collection bag in a bucolic setting? (How often do you get to use the word 'bucolic' on an average Twosday?) <_<

Well, I'm no graphic artist.... but I DO think the color of the shirt should be a bright one. This would help with visibility while CITOers are picking up litter along roadways - so, say, orange? As for an image... what about Signal with one of those pointy-stick-trash-picker-uppers and an over-the-shoulder collection bag in a bucolic setting? (How often do you get to use the word 'bucolic' on an average Twosday?) :o

I like the bright color idea.

I loved last year's design, and agree that this year's should be bright, have designs on both sides, include signal, and include a nice "cache"-phrase, like, "Help clean up our world's forests one cache at a time" (or some such)...and now for a proud-parent moment... 4a65dddb-2708-41ac-9f29-c03b60ad80a0.jpg

jamie

Light gray is my preference, white is OK, bright yellow would be better than bright orange in my opinion...

I didn't really care for last year's design, looked too much like a 5 year old drew it in kindergarten. but that's just my $0.02.

Whatever the design, I hope they're cheap enough this year so I can afford to buy a few for prizes at my CITO event. Last year's price was very nice.

The only thing about dark T-shirts is that they absorb the heat of the sun so much, and if you're working hard CITOing and hiking you could get hot, but on the other hand April is Spring and it might be a good thing. Blue is a color that hides dirt very well. I agree with bright yellow over orange. Or chartreuse. That won't hide the dirt though. How about Signal and a bunch of cachers all dancing around an open garbage bag throwing away trash on a field of littered green that has garbage on one side fading to clean and green on the other. It could be a busy design that hides the dirt. And the design could wrap around to the back of the shirt. If it's long sleeved maybe put "CITO" or "Cache In Trash Out" down the length of the sleeve. Just a couple of ideas.

Edited by Eartha
How about safety orange?  It would increase CITO visibility...literally, and might help someone picking up crap alongside some road from getting hit, or a CITO-ing child from getting lost.

jamie

How about jumpsuits? That way we could fit in with the other guys on the side of the road??? :D

brandsonsale-store_1880_157509687.gif

How about safety orange? It would increase CITO visibility...literally,

How about safety yellow, cause it's a color people might want to wear more than once. I could deal with wearing a yellow shirt around town, but bright safety orange? Ummm.. no. If I'm gonna buy a shirt, I'd like to wear it more than once.

My vote would be for short sleeves, rather than long BTW.... much better for summertime wear.

Here's my thought - yes, of course, in a bright color...

but maybe signal out with a gps and a trash bag in the other hand..

meeting BigFoot in the woods - also with a trashbag.

Words of:

CITO

You never know who you'll meet!

or

CITO - it's an adventure!

(if you use my idea, I want a T-shirt!!)

Then again, Orange, while not a color most of us wear on a regular basis, is a good color during hunting season. Right now, I only have one bright orange item, and that's a fleecy... and isn't practical to wear on warm days. So, not that my opinion counts, but bright hunter orange is a great color idea.

Anyway, SJG already has their CITO planned for April thanks to the wonderful FlyinVs. (LinkyMcLinksalot) Will these shirts will be available before then? It would be great to have a few for "door prizes"...

Happy Friday, everyone . :wacko:

Thank you so so much for your advice + ideas -

I finally finished CITO 2006 Tshirt design!! :lol:

Groundspeak people seemed to like it, so as Miss Jenn - Tshirts will be in

Geostore soon... stay tuned!

I am so lucky to have creative people like you guys around ...

Thank you so much, again !

Edited by gokokoro

When I saw the server down image I got an inspiration.

cito06.jpg

I would say this design is too negative. CITO is about the inspiration and having a positive effecft of removing trash. Don't start insulting people, making it negative and demanding others to "DO YOUR PART".

IMO.

a02e1ff4-7211-45f7-8302-76d00a401edc.jpg

Here's something that I designed. My original plan was to have some made to give away at our CITO event. But hey, I'll share.

This one I like.

How about a preview here? Since there's only 5 or 6 of us that hang out in this forum anyway, it'll just be our little secret.... :laughing:

Soon. Soon, grasshopper. :P

In the meantime, here is a new graphic!

Thanks for the new pic - it's now part of my CITO event writeup page. :o

Love the design - will be waiting.

Somewhat off-topic: If anybody still has a new 2003 shirt around that they would be willing to part with for a skinny little guy with a bad comb-over, please let me know.

Would be looking for either an XL or L. Long shot, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

<--Waits patiently for sale to begin.