Premium Membership Question

rnlorna

I just bought a year of premium membership, and have some questions. My husband has his own handle and his own basic accout, as we sometimes go geocaching separately. (We didn't want to have the same count if we both didn't find all the caches.) Is there a way I can add him to my account (like a Costco card) so he can have benefits too? If we had one account as a family it would work, but since we are doing it separately he can't download to GSAK without going on to my screen. Also, he can't log member's only caches on his, even though he did the finding. Any way to combine husband and wife?

Also, while we are on the subject, I have a logging etiquette question. When we geocache together, do we log it as found twice? Or should one of us do it for both and just include the other's name in the post? I see when friends go out, each one logs in, but what about husband and wife? Is it redundant?

Thanks, rnlorna

When we geocache together, do we log it as found twice?

My wife and I each have accounts and log separately, even if we found the cache together. That seems to be pretty common for couples with two accounts.

As far as the premium membership, there is no way to share that I'm aware of. I've never seen a need because I run all the PQsd off my premium account and my wife has my passsword and can do it if she needs them.

The only problem stems from the few times we both found a "members only" cache, but there is a back door way non members can log them if needed.

When we geocache together, do we log it as found twice?

My wife and I each have accounts and log separately, even if we found the cache together. That seems to be pretty common for couples with two accounts.

Yup. Us, too. Wafflesdad and I usually cache together, but not always, so we have separate accounts.

Back door? How would he do it?

If memory serves me correctly ..... You go to the members only cache page as the Premium Member, then copy the URL (highlight and CTRL-C). He logs in as a regular member and pastes in the URL that you copied and hits enter. This should put him on the Members Only page ready to log his find.

:) ImpalaBob

My caching team has a membership which we (mostly I) use for PQs, etc. When we cache together, we log it as a team find. My cache numbers only show the caches I have found on my own, but then, it's not about the numbers (for me anyway :) ). I'm not sure that there is only one "right" way to do it.

If you don't mind letting your spouse know your password, and if you forward any PQs he runs from you e-mail account, then it should be no problem.

If memory serves me correctly ..... You go to the members only cache page as the Premium Member, then copy the URL (highlight and CTRL-C). He logs in as a regular member and pastes in the URL that you copied and hits enter. This should put him on the Members Only page ready to log his find.

:grin: ImpalaBob

That doesn't work.

That doesn't work.

It doesn't work if you do that from the cache page. But if you click the "log your visit" link on the cache page, and then copy the resulting URL of the "Post a new log" page, it does.

That doesn't work.

It doesn't work if you do that from the cache page. But if you click the "log your visit" link on the cache page, and then copy the resulting URL of the "Post a new log" page, it does.

oh ok.

Thanks, I like the name too, I was named after my grandmother who is now 93 and doing great, living on her own. I hope I got her genes in addition to her name! I have a 10 yar old second cousin also named Lorna. And I have met a few over the years here and there.

I am a pediatric nurse, wouldn't want to do anything else, I love it so much. How old is your daughter?