Team Desert Eagle Coin Sale

SunshineGang

That is a very good question. I wonder if it matters that I am not the seller or have anything to do with the (commercial link removed by moderator) Desert eagle is a friend so I thought I would share the link with all the collectors. Perhaps Eartha can carify this for us. I sincerely apoligize if I was out of line.

Edited by Eartha
Unless its the coin store raking in the money for processing these payments.

The coin store does have a handeling fee, which is included in the S&H price. This fee goes to the store and not the coin owner. From what I understand, the store charges $2 per order (should be able order up to 10 coins per order for same $2 fee). This store mails out all the coins to the buyers. This store can handle the sale of the coin from design, to communications with the minter, to the sale and delivery of the coin -- as well as any refunds for items lost or damaged in the mail. The $2 per order is what the store charges for these services.

Unless its the coin store raking in the money for processing these payments.

The coin store does have a handeling fee, which is included in the S&H price. This fee goes to the store and not the coin owner. From what I understand, the store charges $2 per order (should be able order up to 10 coins per order for same $2 fee). This store mails out all the coins to the buyers. This store can handle the sale of the coin from design, to communications with the minter, to the sale and delivery of the coin -- as well as any refunds for items lost or damaged in the mail. The $2 per order is what the store charges for these services.

so what your saying is that the Geocoin store IS a commercial entity, hmmm,, but the moderators allow the post to stand as it is?

Hmm... maybe because Groundspeak is getting $1.50 per coin?

so what your saying is that the Geocoin store IS a commercial entity, hmmm,, but the moderators allow the post to stand as it is?

I'm not saying anything ....

I'm not sure what exactly constitutes a commercial entity in Groundspeak's eyes for Groundspeak listed many of the minters and you know they are not minting for free. I believe there is a pinned thread that contains minters such as coins and pins and personalcoins to name a few. Maybe these companies have some kinda agreement with GS??

GS makes $1.50 for each coin that is trackable on gc.com -- and also the $150 for the custom icon. Many of the minters have agreements to print these numbers and also make sure that GS logos are correctly displayed. Maybe that is why they they let those be listed in messages??

Do you people really think that moderators sit around all day reading every single post? We work, we have family, jobs, homes to run, etc... We volunteer our time to try to make this ship sail smoothly.

I rely on what I can wade through, and reported posts from community members in case I miss something. You can thank a sock puppet for bringing this one to my attention.

There is a new coin thread coming out every five minutes and I can only read a handful of posts at a time. Now if you'll excuse me, I have dinner in the oven to see to before it burns. :o

Commercial links removed by moderator.

Do you people really think that moderators sit around all day reading every single post? We work, we have family, jobs, homes to run, etc... We volunteer our time to try to make this ship sail smoothly.

I rely on what I can wade through, and reported posts from community members in case I miss something. You can thank a sock puppet for bringing this one to my attention.

There is a new coin thread coming out every five minutes and I can only read a handful of posts at a time. Now if you'll excuse me, I have dinner in the oven to see to before it burns. ;)

Commercial links removed by moderator.

I didn't think you sat around all day, but having the link up for almost 24 hours, I figured that it had been looked at and approved..... I think we all appreciate the hard work you folks are doing here, it's just that the rules are a little foggy right now, and until we get some clear guidelines, there will be some issues.

If you guys need some additional help, I'm sure some of the more seasoned patrons of this board would step up to the plate. Just ask!

I sure hope you didn't burn your dinner over something as silly as a geocoin discussion. :o

Edited by hirlas
I am brand new to coin collecting.  :D  But I just got this one today. It is gorgeous! But I activated it tonight, and it had the Personal Coin icon. I really thought this was going to have a custom icon?

It was advertised as having a custom icon!

Sometimes it seems that it takes a little time before the icons get properly associated with the coins.

--Marky

Sometimes it seems that it takes a little time before the icons get properly associated with the coins.

In addition, Holiday Coin and Not Another Micro! icons have neither yet to show.

On the other hand, most icons have been there instantly.

©¿©¬

The files for Not Another Micro were sent over. I know they are busy so I give them a little time before I send a follow-up email.

nielsenc