The Yooper Thread

SM0KEY

Always looking for news from the U.P. and didn't even see a thread here for it. I have a cabin in Rock (but live in CA) and will be doing a little caching up there next week, I hope. Maybe take a TB or two out there with me.

Anything to share about caching in the U.P.?

Hey, I can't make it this trip but my wife will be in Escanaba/Gladstone this weekend. Anyone in that area interested in helping her and my brother-in-law find a cache to stash a San Diego Geocoin and possibly another TB? She hasn't cached much and I want to get my bro-in-law hooked on the hobby too. And, I don't want to give up my GPSr for the whole weekend....(that's the real reason :laughing: )

I was born and raised in the heart of Hiawatha, off the shores of Gitchee-Gumee!

The caching is a little light up there, but there isn't a lame cache in the bunch. I love geocaching in da UP.

There are quite a few nice caches in the Munising area, including mine :laughing:

Sorry Chiro75, but it you live below the bridge you are a troll, not a Loper. :laughing::laughing:

Say, is anyone near Escanaba heading to the TC Winter Convergence event? I have a U.K. TB, a San Diego TB and a San Diego 2005 Geocoin that need to hitch a ride to troll territory :anitongue::laughing::laughing: They arrive in Escanaba around 7:30 pm tonight. Just thought I'd check...thanks!

Hello, just starting geocaching with the family. We're located in Ishpeming, looks like a lot of local caches here. we're going out saturday with our 4 yr old and bringing along the snowshoes just in case!! :D

How did the caching go CJ? There is a San Diego geocoin and my SMOKEY TB floating around up there somewhere...bet it's plenty cold still.

Wish we could have made it to the Meet and Greet in Escanaba last month. Maybe something will be happenin' in August when we come up for the UP State Fair.

Any local cachers also members of the EAA ?

I have heard talk of an event being planned for Marquette the 2nd week of August. I believe that is one week before the fair though. The meet & greet in Esky was a lot of fun. That was our first ever event, it was really nice to meet some of the people who live in the area.

I'm just wondering how many cachers there are in Marquette County? The reason I ask is that we have been to a few parks/tourist spots/boat launches that don't have trash receptacles and littering is prevalent. Could we adopt a few of these spots and get trash barrels donated? It would be up to us (as a group) to empty them of course.