2006 Migo Geocoin Sale Jan 20-06

Team CoyChev

migo06.JPG

The new 2006 MiGO coin will be on sale on January 20th.

Price $8.00 ea

Only 10 coins per order, but you may order more than once.

This is our regular 2006 coin that we may do reorders on.

We have no special metals or LE type coins produced.

We have decided to let geocoinstore sell our coins for us. Our coin comes complete with a new icon for 2006.

migo32.jpg

The coin represents the recent formation of our Four MiGO Chapters on one side and the Oldest lighthouse which is still standing in Michigan. More information is available about the Fort Gratiot Light

Here are the official sale times;

* On Jan 20th at 9:00 am EST, a block of coins will be up for sale to the public.

* On Jan 20th at 9:00 am, EST a private sale of coins will also be available to Michigan MiGO members only, a Password is required. Notice that this sale is at the same time as the "open to the public" sale.

Jan 21st at 12:30 pm, anything left from the first sale date will be added to a third block of coins, that will be open to the public.

We are sorry for the confusion during the recent MiGO refurbished coin sale. We do have more of the refurbished coins coming in and we will notify these formums when they arrive.

Edited by Team CoyChev
The new 2006 MiGO coin will be on sale on January 20th. We have decided to let geocoinstore.com sell our coins for us. Our coin comes complete with a new icon for 2006.

migo32.jpg

* On Jan 20th at 9:00 am EST, a block of coins will be up for sale to the public.

* On Jan 20th at 9:00 am, EST a private sale of coins will also be available to Michigan MiGO members only, a Password is required. Notice that this sale is at the same time as the "open to the public" sale.

Jan 21st at 12:30 pm, anything left from the first sale date will be added to a third block of coins, that will be open to the public.

MiGO realizes that many people joined MiGO for the sole purpose to buy geocoins.  This is defiantly not the way we want to build our membership.

We are sorry for the confusion during the recent MiGO refurbished coin sale. We do have more of the refurbished coins coming in and we will notify these formums when they arrive.

How many are you minting? How much will they cost? Will there be a limit on the number of coins purchased?

...How many are you minting? How much will they cost? Will there be a limit on the number of coins purchased?
This is our regular 2006 coin that we may do reorders on

It looks like it's unlimited for 2006.

The 10 per order limit is just goofy. Especially since you can order multiple times. Thus a group has to order several times to make it's order up while not really putting a limit on the number of coins a buyer can get like with some LE's. Does it really serve a purpose?

Edited by Renegade Knight
...How many are you minting? How much will they cost? Will there be a limit on the number of coins purchased?
This is our regular 2006 coin that we may do reorders on

It looks like it's unlimited for 2006.

The 10 per order limit is just goofy. Especially since you can order multiple times. Thus a group has to order several times to make it's order up while not really putting a limit on the number of coins a buyer can get like with some LE's. Does it really serve a purpose?

The geocoinstore has all sales set up like that, we didn't have anything to do with that. I don't know why. Maybe a larger order can be set up thru email with the store, I don't know that answer.

The 10 per order limit is just goofy.  Especially since you can order multiple times.  Thus a group has to order several times to make it's order up while not really putting a limit on the number of coins a buyer can get like with some LE's.  Does it really serve a purpose?

The geocoinstore has all sales set up like that, we didn't have anything to do with that. I don't know why.  Maybe a larger order can be set up thru email with the store, I don't know that answer.

Yes, 10 coins/order is a nightmare for coin clubs, and speaking for PCC, I've been in discussions with GCC about this to save my sanity. :P

After picking my brain on the logistics of group orders, they appear to be working on a way for groups to place larger orders, and you should hear something from them soon, hopefully ahead of the Michigan sale. Don't want to speak for them, but want to reassure my fellow coin groups that they are working to address this concern.

Edited by hydnsek

How do we choose to buy the non-password protected coins? Since I only see the passworded ones, does it imply that all the 'public' coins are sold for today?

Really?  That was 1000 coins I think.

Yes, I think I read somewhere it was going to be 1000 also, looks like it took about 8 minutes, thats why we upped the number of Mississippi coins.

There is another public sale tomorrow.

Yeah, but that's just the left over from the event and member sale. I was told that there were only a few hundred coins held for those two things.

Really?  That was 1000 coins I think.

Yes, I think I read somewhere it was going to be 1000 also, looks like it took about 8 minutes, thats why we upped the number of Mississippi coins.

There is another public sale tomorrow.

Yeah, but that's just the left over from the event and member sale. I was told that there were only a few hundred coins held for those two things.

Now don't quote me but I thought coin "lots" were held back for sale. Today Public and Member sales. Tommorow Anyone. The event isin't till next month and they will have them there for sale also.

Example; (I have no idea of how many coins were available)

Member sales today 200

Public sales today 200

Public sales tomorrow 200

Sales at the winter event next month 200

I don't think it is a "left over" case. The Migo head honchos seem to have thought this out very well.

Edited by wingnuts
I know but it's just plum silly to pay $3.10 shipping for one coin.  And since I'm trying to trade mosly my coins I haven't been buying as many of each coin lately.

Yes I understand, it only cost around 1.00 to mail one coin....they might as-well charge 4.50 and mail it priority flat rate in a free envelope.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

Well...there was a little problem.

The mint messed up the codes on the coins...engraved the wrong ones or multiples of correct ones.

They have to be reminted. The current coins cannot be activated.

Anybody that received one already has to wait for a new one to be shipped and then send back the bad one.

And.....there's no new shipping date. yet.

:anicute: