2006 Migo Geocoin Sale Jan 20-06

Team CoyChev

Well...there was a little problem.

The mint messed up the codes on the coins...engraved the wrong ones or multiples of correct ones.

They have to be reminted. The current coins cannot be activated.

Anybody that received one already has to wait for a new one to be shipped and then send back the bad one.

And.....there's no new shipping date. yet.

:anicute:

I guess the cat's out of the bag now ... a week later.

It's disappointing that neither the seller nor MIGO leadership did not divulge this sooner in the national forum. Heck, Cheney's office acknowledged he shot his huntin' buddy within 72 hours. :anicute:

The Store is offering a "bounty" (their word, not mine) on the blunder coins as well.

©¿©¬

Wow! I like Bounty though, makes me feel like a pirate. Arrrgh

But, I don't want to be a pirate!

image_1_15.jpg

Well I would take the Puffy shirt as a prize any day. Iron on a few logo's and that's one heck of an event shirt........

Well not really, maybe I don't want to be a pirate anymore

Well...there was a little problem.

The mint messed up the codes on the coins...engraved the wrong ones or multiples of correct ones.

They have to be reminted. The current coins cannot be activated.

Anybody that received one already has to wait for a new one to be shipped and then send back the bad one.

And.....there's no new shipping date. yet.

:)

I guess the cat's out of the bag now ... a week later.

It's disappointing that neither the seller nor MIGO leadership did not divulge this sooner in the national forum. Heck, Cheney's office acknowledged he shot his huntin' buddy within 72 hours. :)

The Store is offering a "bounty" (their word, not mine) on the blunder coins as well.

©¿©¬

I agree. I would have expected an update from the store with a massive "oops" like this. It shouldn't be up to us, the consumer, to ask.

Bump

Any word on a new shipping date for these?

There are some of these coins on a well-know auction site. Are those coins part of the bad batch? I've checked the website hoping for an update and have not been able to find anything?

AtlantaGal must know something about this :anibad: She knows everything! :lol:

I ordered some a while back before they discovered the problem. They Emailed all the buyers to notify them of the recall and I got my replacement coins about a week ago. They sent me a prepaid mailer to mailed back the recalled coins and I am expecting a 1.50 per coin bounty for each coin I returned.

So that was the easiest 15 bucks I have ever made :anibad:

Disapointed that there was a problem but think they are handling it well :lol:

I ordered some a while back before they discovered the problem. They Emailed all the buyers to notify them of the recall and I got my replacement coins about a week ago. They sent me a prepaid mailer to mailed back the recalled coins and I am expecting a 1.50 per coin bounty for each coin I returned.

So that was the easiest 15 bucks I have ever made :lol:

I paypal'd 4. Never received an e-mail stating a delay. Now I'm worried that my order is lost.

:anibad:

I do not have my coins yet. I did not get any error coins either.

They must have just emailed the people that had the error coins mailed to them. I bought some the first day they were on sale to everyone and have never gotten an update or email from the store or the MiGO folks. Other than hearing second hand information here in the forums I would not have any clue what was going on with these coins. If we go by what the site says the update of 2/22 says that the MiGO coins were mailed out 2/27 - 3/1, nothing about any problems or corrected coins or when we will get them.

They must have just emailed the people that had the error coins mailed to them. I bought some the first day they were on sale to everyone and have never gotten an update or email from the store or the MiGO folks. Other than hearing second hand information here in the forums I would not have any clue what was going on with these coins. If we go by what the site says the update of 2/22 says that the MiGO coins were mailed out 2/27 - 3/1, nothing about any problems or corrected coins or when we will get them.

Did you get an e-mail?

This coin is just one of the concerns I have with "The Store" and the lack of communication. I have emailed "The Store" about several coin shipments that were listed as sent, had not arrived and were missing or opened, and never received a reply. They provide a nice service with a central location for coin sales but lack communication. As far as the MI coins....never a word and yet I bought them the first day.

Edited by Bailey Nippon 4

Did you get an e-mail?

Nope.

So that was the easiest 15 bucks I have ever made :lol:

I paypal'd 4. Never received an e-mail stating a delay. Now I'm worried that my order is lost.

:anibad:

Same here. I bought 2, and never got the delay message either.

I bought during the "members sale". I never received the error coins nor have I yet received the replacements. I did however, get the email explaining the recall situation. Some who have received the replacements have had trouble activationg them and there hasn't been any official word on that only word of mouth. It seems they have their hands full but the lack of communication and also not very timely shipping with other coins I have ordered bothers me quite a bit. One email to all buyers would seem to me much easier than answering individual ones. Of course if those individual emails are ignored.......

The fast official skinny:

- The coins arrived a while ago

- We immediately shipped to members-only slale participants

- We shortly afterward discovered that every coin had been mis-engraved by our vendor

- We stopped shipments and expected replacements in a week

- Replacements are coming in several shipments, the first already mailed to thsoe with bum coins.

- Tomorrow I find out what coins arrived at our shipping depot, I expect more MiGO 2006 to be in that batch.

- They will ship immediately.

- If you are a registered user, your shipping status in the account summary is always accurate.

The delay is not typical and we had expected to get the coins back much sooner than it's been. We hoped to miss the ship date by only a few days so did not post any updates. Given the now long delay - that's the skinny.

Ben (who answers support emails) has been out of commission this week and I'm trying like heck to keep up with the emails. Apologies for any communication delays.

Since I'm quick to complain about coin quality I am unhappy with, I thought I should also give praise where it's applicable.

You did a fine job with the MIGO 2006 coins. They look great. Nice and thick and evenly inked. Good job on this one!

Have you contacted the geocoinstore? I am sure they will replace the defective ones.

Windrose

I e-mailed the geocoin store, and have gotten no response. I'm rather bummed. :(

Drop me an email directly and I'll get it checked out for you, make sure you include your name so I can look up the shipment. rusty at personalgeocoins.com

I think you are probably talking about the 'refurb' 2005 coins which were hand engraved locally.

Rusty...

Any one know if they are going to do another sale of these, as they said that they were unlimited & they were going to do reorders on.

Or if someone has an extra still hanging around (i know, yeah, right) I'd be interested. Born & raised in MI, and moved to Birmingham, AL last November, so I missed out on these.

Any one know if they are going to do another sale of these, as they said that they were unlimited & they were going to do reorders on.

Or if someone has an extra still hanging around (i know, yeah, right) I'd be interested. Born & raised in MI, and moved to Birmingham, AL last November, so I missed out on these.

I have extra....I sent you an email.