Puzzle Cache Coin(s)

BackBrakeBilly

Wow you all are really churning out the coins.....this one is pretty cool  ;) I would buy a set for sure!! ;):lol:

But you better watch out you might get your links removed by the geocoin mods for being too commercial like neilsenc and cachehunters42 did. Ya'll have quite the little coin business going on.

If it is a business, I highly doubt gc would allow for their logo to be used (unless some business arrangement is made).

No, it's even BETTER for Groundspeak. To use their logo on an item you are selling, you pay 10% of the cost of the item. So, for each piece of the puzzle coin, they are getting $1.50 + 10% of the final cost (which I would say will include the $1.50).

So, if they sell for $8.00, Groundspeak gets $2.30 per coin instead of $1.50.

I have asked about selling items with their logo and was granted permission at a 10% comission. I personally don't think 10% is out of line, it's the $1.50 I still don't care for but will accept as the price of making a more valued coin.

As long as he is paying the $1.50 tracking number fees, my understanding of the new rules is he can post his links to that particular coin.

If I"m wrong, feel free to correct it (Eartha/FSM/??)

Haughton

No, it's even BETTER for Groundspeak. To use their logo on an item you are selling, you pay 10% of the cost of the item. So, for each piece of the puzzle coin, they are getting $1.50 + 10% of the final cost (which I would say will include the $1.50).

So, if they sell for $8.00, Groundspeak gets $2.30 per coin instead of $1.50.

The way I read the logo use from the pinned geocoin tracking topic, you can use the logo without paying the 10%. Maybe I am reading it wrong. Maybe someone will correct me.

--Marky

I believe the 10% is only for NON-trackable coins being sold for profit. The $1.50 per coin for tracking codes includes the ability to use the logo.

Hence the generic GC logo trackable coin die that at least of the manufactures offers free.

The way I read the guidelines non-trackable coins cannot be sold here at all......of course if you make them to just leave in caches you avoid all the questions. ;)

I believe the 10% is only for NON-trackable coins being sold for profit.  The $1.50 per coin for tracking codes includes the ability to use the logo.

Hence the generic GC logo trackable coin die that at least of the manufactures offers free.

The way I read the guidelines non-trackable coins cannot be sold here at all......of course if you make them to just leave in caches you avoid all the questions. :)

Like I said, this is not a thread to discuss the guidelines of this forum or the cans or cannots of using the Groundspeak logo, there are other threads for that.

This thread is only for previewing our Puzzle Geocoins that we have Groundspeak's permission to produce, please don't keep trying to turn this thread into a debate.

Thanks,

Got pricing on these worked out yet BBB? Some us need to plan for the expense :huh:

Thats what I am waiting on right now. It should be pretty quick as I am putting the heat on right now! :)

Now, to make that phone call again......

Oh yea, as soon as the prices come in the preorder will be soon to follow.....Dang, am I once again letting the cat out of the bag AG??? :):)

I've never bought a coin before. These look very nice. Count me in for at least 2 sets, more if I can afford them, but I doubt it.

Is there a mad scramble to get them or will all orders be filled? These will give a new icon on the trackables tab right? (That's a show stopper for me, at least for my first purchased coin, I thought I saw a few pages back that it would do so)

Thanks!!!!

Paul