Puzzle Cache Coin(s)

BackBrakeBilly

Wow you all are really churning out the coins.....this one is pretty cool :( I would buy a set for sure!! :tired::blink:

But you better watch out you might get your links removed by the geocoin mods for being too commercial like neilsenc and cachehunters42 did. Ya'll have quite the little coin business going on.

No coin business for us, we still think of this as a hobby and are having a blast being able to see some of our ideas come to life.

Thanks for all the great comments on our ideas! :(

what qualifies it as a business? Release 3 coins a month? 2 coins? There are lots of people making coins and profiting without a "business" name. I can see this series is going to be poular, maybe minting 500-1000 "sets"... do you think Groundspeak will say no to $1.50 per tracking number/coin on that one?

A business is defined as profiting more than $600 in any given fiscal quarter of the calendar year through the sale of a product (coins here) or service. Even if it is just a fun hobby to you it is a business to the IRS if the sales fall within these limits. (Can you tell it is tax time of the year? I am in the that frame of mind ... :P )

BTW -- I think it is great that ya'll are making all these really nice, creative coins. I also think it is great that I can buy them to add to my collection. :D

I meant no harm by my comments I hope no one took it the wrong way. :P:):D

I'd like a set if I can buy them all together. If I have to burn up my f5 key and race to get in on a 40 second sale I'll pass. Wouldn't want to buy three then end up at ebay paying $50.00 for the last one.

I agree with this statement. I wouldn't pay $50.00 on E-*** for the last one. I'd just end up selling the ones I did get on E-*** for $50.00 each. :)

CF30

I was sitting at my desk this morning while Outlook started up. Gazing absent mindedly at the screen, I thought to myself, 'Hey, where have I seen that logo before?' Yup, right here. The coin shapes and color scheme (minus the GC logo images) is identical to the one for Outlook 2000.

Has Groundspeak approved the artwork? Or are you still waiting to hear from them?

I talked to Bryan on the phone about it and he approved the idea and told me to send him the artwork which has been done. He still has to email me back but like I say, he gave me his ok over the phone so we will see...... :anibad:

That's cool. I hope it gets approved. Here's the answer I got: All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they

appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered. I didn't press my idea further since that sounded like a no to me. ;) I like yours better than mine anyway.

--Marky

That's cool. I hope it gets approved. Here's the answer I got: All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they

appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered. I didn't press my idea further since that sounded like a no to me. :anibad: I like yours better than mine anyway.

--Marky

You missed the last portion of the logo usage in that line:

All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

Or else that was added after you grabbed it.

(that was copied from Eartha's message in the recent copyright issues thread that is now locked)

That's cool.  I hope it gets approved.  Here's the answer I got: All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they

appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered.  I didn't press my idea further since that sounded like a no to me. :anibad:  I like yours better than mine anyway.

--Marky

You missed the last portion of the logo usage in that line:

All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

Or else that was added after you grabbed it.

(that was copied from Eartha's message in the recent copyright issues thread that is now locked)

All this is really a mute point, I am working with Groundspeak on this and you folks are beating a dead horse. This thread was not started to debate the usage of the Groundspeak logo, it was simply started to preview a project that we are currently working on. If you feel the need to discuss the if's and's and but's then please start another thread.

Thanks.

No this isn't a preorder thread but we are watching it to see how much of an interest there is in the coin(s). The coins will be presold in early February and will be done as in the past with us. I will announce a Presale thread here and give everyone notice here.

Thanks and as always, keep checking back for more details!

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

Well, if this is not a pre-order thread but a gauge of interest, then I am DEFINITELY interested in at least 1 set! When I read the subject line, I thought you meant Puzzle cache coin as in... the puzzle to a cache is ON this coin (isn't there a Moun10bike coin like that?) I like this idea better!

~gg