Leave Your Mark!

Hogosha

After reading different threads on signature items and letterboxing, I decided to try my hand at making an erasure stamp so the team can leave our mark in the logs we sign. Just do a Google search on "stamp making", "erasure carving", or "how to make an erasure stamp".

It's not hard, and all I used was a regular, red rubber erasure (bought a 3-pack at the dollar store) some say to use the expensive white art erasures, but the cheap one worked fine for my first try. No real special tools are needed, just an exacto knife.

Give it a try, it was lots of fun, and cost me .33 cents!

I simply made up a few sheets of tiny labels with my name on them. (used Avery 5267 Return Addy labels, 1/2" x 1.75") I get 80 labels per sheet. Cut them into four 20-label strips.

No ink pad, no bulk. AND they fit onto even a narrow "strip" log for a 35mm can. Just peel, stick and date. Done. Next cache!

I simply made up a few sheets of tiny labels with my name on them. (used Avery 5267 Return Addy labels, 1/2" x 1.75") I get 80 labels per sheet. Cut them into four 20-label strips.

No ink pad, no bulk. AND they fit onto even a narrow "strip" log for a 35mm can. Just peel, stick and date. Done. Next cache!

I may be wrong but I think the OP's intent was creating a signature stamp for letterbox hybrid caches not logging the other types of caches.

Well I wasn't really thinking of the hybrid idea (although one of our caches may be one). I was kinda borrowing the idea from the letterboxing caches. I'm sure there is no reason why we CAN'T stamp a log that is not a hybrid.

I was really just passing along the info on how EASY (and fun) making the stamp was. Some people may want to use their stamp to customize their signature item.

Most speed cachers use Avery labels, or a self inking pad. I use labels, because my chicken scratch is hard to read. I use a rectangular Altoids tin to hold my sticker labels.

I made a big stamp for a Letterbox hybrid cache in the works, and plan on making a smaller version for logging caches.

Carving my first stamp was a blast!

I was lucky, with a handle like sodajerk ( I once owned an ice cream store) I was able to find an ice cream cone stamp at a crafts / stamp store. I don't use it on the micro log because it is too big, otherwise stamp and write some notes in the log book. The stores I have been in have hundreds of nifty stamps. My daughter is into stamp art, but that is another hobby (obsession) :)