Carry On Camping 2006

A quick question (apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere).

Will there be a barbecue or other food available (to buy, presumably) on Saturday's Hawaiian night?

We don't mind if there isn't, but we don't know what to expect as we've never been to a residential geocaching event before.

We'd hate to bring perishable food that we then have to throw away if we don't use it and the weather's too hot to store it safely. <_< (We are experienced campers so quite able to cook while camping but it would be great not to have to if there is an alternative "on site").

We assume also that we bring our own drink (alcoholic or otherwise).

Many thanks.

I will be there on Saturday PM / early evening and I will take my Volunteer Geocoin with me. So if anybody would like to log it for the rare (ish) Icon then grab me (gently) .

I know its not the same as finding one in a cache but its your call and I wont MAKE anyone “discover it” B)

I did release one of the two I was sent :laughing:

Whilst out driving today I was shunted by a Merc Sprinter. Luckilly nobody was hurt.

My van is going into the garage tomorrow but I'm not sure it will be back on the road in time for me to get there.

Rather than keep my space and not get there I'll assume I won't make it and let one of the reserves have my space.

:laughing:

Sorry I won't meet you all and cuss Team V for getting me into this hobby in the first place.

BareClawz

Whilst out driving today I was shunted by a Merc Sprinter. Luckilly nobody was hurt.

My van is going into the garage tomorrow but I'm not sure it will be back on the road in time for me to get there.

Rather than keep my space and not get there I'll assume I won't make it and let one of the reserves have my space.

:laughing:

Sorry I won't meet you all and cuss Team V for getting me into this hobby in the first place.

BareClawz

Thats a bummer steve, we were looking forward to catching up with you both.

Good luck with the van repairs.

Gary and Margaret

On the Hawaiian Night we were planning on buying some food that day to cook up that evening.

If people want to bring along / buy supplies in town on the day to be cooked up we wouldnt have an problem :laughing:

Only one question for you all - does anyone have a BBQ they can bring along??

House of Boo

On the Hawaiian Night we were planning on buying some food that day to cook up that evening.

If people want to bring along / buy supplies in town on the day to be cooked up we wouldnt have an problem :laughing:

Only one question for you all - does anyone have a BBQ they can bring along??

House of Boo

We are bringing a medium sized gas BBQ, all packed and ready to go tomorrow morning :blink::ph34r::laughing::laughing:

*Bing Bang Bong* Hello Geocampers!

Will everybody who is camping please pay for their tents/pitch with the campsite owner but please, please, please pay the House Of Boo the "£2 thingy" for the camping barn... or we will be badly out of pocket... :laughing:

See you at the campsite for drinkies! :laughing:

House Of Boo

UPDATE for all those attending for the weekend.

HoB have informed me that there is a large BBQ on site which will accomodate us all, so you don't need to take all the BBQ grills with you.

The camp site is fantastic and the weather beautiful... Get the beers in, I'll see you all there!

Matt

(HoB messenger)

I'm hoping to be able to come for the day on Saturday if that's alright...

BUT where is the event? I know it's not going to be right in the middle of Bakewell! :-)

Bob

I'm hoping its here, otherwise I'll be camping on my own :ninja:

No you won't as we'll be there tomorrow :D

so shall we but not for the caching hrm maybe we shall join in that aswell..

Just got back from CoC as we had a prior engagement :( - but what a fab time we had last night and today. :huh:

Thanks to House of Boo for arranging this and being patient with our "will they, won't they" approach to commitent ;)

Really missing everyone already - hope you have a great time at Hawaiian Night :blink:;):huh:

Just got back from the fantastic Carry on Camping 2006 weekend, again the weather was perfect, the venue was great and the event was BRILLIANT, Thanks Pete, Jo and of course not forgetting Boo, you all did a great job and were the perfect hosts. It was lovely to meet up with friends we knew well and friends we had yet to meet at the event, Pete missed his calling he is the best barbeque chef and his lovely assistant Boo who did all the cleaning up of anything dropped not of course forgetting Jo the chefs assistant (or should that be chief Chef) We had a great time, it was only a shame that Cave Troll had to travel back and forth from home as we had no doggy sitter due to a recent foot operation. We have already got our names down for the 2007 event. See you all next year.

A big THANKS and CHEER to everyone who showed up to this years Carry On Camping and let their hawaiian hair down all for the cause of being carefree!

Just added some photos from our ickle camping jaunt which you can see HERE.

Special thanks goes to Pengy & Tigger who streamed the mayhem every 2 minutes to the unsuspecting world, Lordelph for yet again filming all sorts of strangeness (see online photos above for clarification :anicute:) and Mattwaggie who brought Peter one of his favourite shirts to wear at the BBQ.

Its still early days but we'll be pencilling in the next Carry on Camping (2007) in for exactly the same days next year for anyone interested! And it will be set in Devon and will be brought to you by the letter U and the word UNDERGROUND :blink:

Thanks again People!!!

House Of Boo (Peter, Jo & Boo)

:) Thanks HoB, we had a fantastic time at CoC 06 with the family and Grumpy 793. Loads of great caches and fun company. Looking forward to CoC 07 already as there are plenty caches in Devon we haven't done yet.

Unfortunately, as we packed to leave, the farmer who owns the site approached us about several groups leaving without paying. It would be a great shame if we weren't welcome back there sometime and I'm certain it was inadvertant, however if any of you reading this realise you made a mistake, it might be nice to send the owner a cheque :lol: . After all it was only £3 a night for adults and £1.75 for kids.

Once again, thanks to all. We enjoyed your company and your caches and look forward to meeting you all again in the future. Bud and Nettie Lightbeer and the lads.

Unfortunately, as we packed to leave, the farmer who owns the site approached us about several groups leaving without paying. It would be a great shame if we weren't welcome back there sometime and I'm certain it was inadvertant, however if any of you reading this realise you made a mistake, it might be nice to send the owner a cheque :lol: . After all it was only £3 a night for adults and £1.75 for kids.

We, too, had a fantastic time - great scenery, great weather, great company and of course, great caching.

We overheard part of the above conversation and, talking about it later, wondered whether the farmer had noted registration numbers of the day or evening visitors and assumed they were camping? But as Bud says it would be a great shame if cachers got a bad name because of an oversight or misunderstanding and we hope this can be rectified.

Anyway, this was our first "residential" caching event and we really enjoyed ourselves. I see the same weekend next year being a problem for us as our daughter will be in the middle of GCSEs :) but we'll certainly attend another event some time.

Many thanks to House of Boo and everyone else who helped to make it great.

:):):):):)

Oo-er! We could be responsible for some of that - we thought it was a pitch price rather than price per person and since we bunked with Liane's crowd on Friday night we assumed we owed her for part of the pitch price.

When I how much we owed this morning Liane said it was per person and she hadn't been asked or paid for us.

In fact I have already emailed HoB to see what the score is before reading this. Perhaps you can let us know what we need to do Peter & Jo?

Si

The farmer told me that she was going by registration numbers, so was surprised when I told her I came via public transport as I paid her.

This understandably could cause confusion for the day visitors being noted down :huh:

We were also asked if we had paid when we were packing up as my other half had gone in and paid on arrival but did not know my car reg and we forgot to go back to tell them!! :unsure: