Carry On Camping 2006

*Bing Bong* Hello campers!

So here are the basics so far:

58 people are allowed to camp (60 including the House Of Boo) this is the maximum number of campers allowed on site due to facility restrictions!

Dogs are allowed, but they must be kept under control and supervised!

Caravans are unfortunately not allowed (but there will be a contingency plan for cachers who will only stay under a solid roof, but we wil have to do more research - oooh mysterious).

The nearest cache is a pleasent one and a half mile stroll away. Theres 50+ caches within a 10 mile radius (meaning cars will be needed...but then again when arent they)!

More information will be posted soon...

House Of Boo

BTW -prelimanary bookings are already being taken via email so we can get an idea of numbers at an early stage!

*Bing Bong*

Get that cache page up, <lash lash> I notice that there is a July event page already up.

The 'hide the caravan in the tent' wheeze sounds good. Unfortunately, my tent is a bit shorter than the van, I was referring to floor plan and overall volume. Am I giving you a lift then, Alice? If so bring the SMALL tent :ph34r:

AGGGGHHHH Laylas GCSEs are right on these dates....including the FRIDAY and the MONDAY..............BUT we are hell bent on sorting summit out.....Just cant miss this event !!! IT WAS SO FAB last year we GOTTA get there this year too.

I hope Big brother aint around that time!?!?!?!?!

********MANDY*********** Are you taking the tele??????

NES xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Geocampers

Just a quick note to let you know that we hope to have a proper cache page up and running shortly.

We have spoken with the campsite owner and they are unable to accept caravans - sorry!! We have looked into alternatives and we are hoping to offer use of a camping barn to those who dont want to spend their weekend under canvas. More details to follow!!

In the meantime we are just confirming who we have pencilled in as attending.

We have received email confirmation from:-

Us 4 & Jess

Bizarre

Matt Waggie

Cachehoppers

G Force

LordElph

Alibags

Philimore Clan

Pengy & Tigger

Gaz, Nes & Laila

Snerbe

Cavetroll & Eeyore

Aliceband

Moote

Beddlington Duo

Sparticus

Laughalot

Team Vorvik

Browni

The following individuals / teams have expressed their interest on the forum only (if you do wish to attend - please can you email us - as we are very close to our limit for the campsite):-

Golem

Wozere

YorkyPud

Deego

Alma

Lizzardman

The Hancock Clan

Daleswalker

The Royals

Little Miss Naughty

BareClawz

The Northern Invaders

A huge thank you to everyone for their interest in this event!!!

House of Boo

We expressed interest too!

We are still keen to come, but daughter is taking one GCSE this year, and we still don't know the date(s) for that. If she has completed her exams by then, we will come; if she hasn't, we won't.

If we do come, there will be four of us in a large tent.

Would still like to know cost and location, before we are able to confirm.

Many thanks.

Edited by BikerKats

The site has been confirmed, the dates have been finalised...

CARRY ON CAMPING 2006 IS GO!!!

more details to follow....oooh the anticipation is killing me!

House Of Boo

Sent you an email about a week ago, 1 tent two ppl.

If you have replied my spam filter may have eaten it :(

Edited by stora

*Bing Bong* Hello campers!

BTW -prelimanary bookings are already being taken via email so we can get an idea of numbers at an early stage!

*Bing Bong*

Hi, As we are Geocachers of only 2 days standing may I ask a simple question. How do I book a place at the Fun Palace, otherwise known as Carry on Camping in Derbyshire. ?

Regards Red Squadron (John& Ann)

:( Evening Campers :(

Sorry for the delay - but things have been hectic at the House of Boo!! :(

We have carefully checked and double checked the emails we have received from people wanting to book their slot on the camping event and therefore can confirm the following.

At present we have a list of teams who are attending and a reserve list. As we have had such a fantasic response we have had more people applying then we actually have space for. Therefore if anyone drops out from the main list we shall contact the first name on the reserve list to fill the space (I hope this makes sense).

So the teams / individuals who are booked for the camping event are:-

Bizarre

Matt Waggie

Cachehoppers

G Force

LordElph

Alibags

Philimore Clan

Pengy & Tigger

Gaz, Nes & Laila

Snerbe

Cavetroll & Eeyore

Aliceband

Moote

Beddlington Duo

Sparticus

Laughalot

Team Vorvik

Browni

BareClawz

Kiwi Gary & Tulip Ma

The Hancock Clan

Little Miss Naughty

The Collie Wobbles

Team Stora

The Northern Invaders

Wozere

Bud Lightbeer

Drums4Monty

Ryker

Us 4 & Jess

Scooby, Scrappy & MP

Yorkypud (visiting but not camping)

In the next few days an email will be sent to all of these teams / individuals confirming that they still wish to attend, and if they do what they need to do next.

The reserve list is currently

The West Viewers

Red Squadron

DavyBoy

If anyone from the main list drops out the teams on the reserve list will be contacted (who ever contacted us first will be given priority).

The actual event page will be hopefully finished this weekend and will (fingers crossed) be live from next week.

We can once again confirm that the event will take place in Derbyshire from Friday 9th June to Sunday 11th June 2006.

House of Boo

PS: If anyone would like to be added to the reserve list who is not listed above please email us your name and details - thank you!!