The Definitive Geocoin Series

CacheHunters42

I ordered two sets and look forward to seeing them.

But does it really cost $6.72 to send 6 coins?

Looks like the site does a flat rate of $1.28/coin no matter how many ordered, no discount for multiples, and no upper limit.

In my opinion, if there is going to be a flat rate per coin, just include it in the coin price and say "includes shipping". $1.28 per coin seems like overkill, and will probably discourage people from buying more than one. If there is a fixed shipping price, I usually only buy one. If there is a discount on shipping for multiple coins, I am more likely to purchase a few.

--Marky

I ordered two sets and look forward to seeing them.

But does it really cost $6.72 to send 6 coins?

Looks like the site does a flat rate of $1.28/coin no matter how many ordered, no discount for multiples, and no upper limit.

In my opinion, if there is going to be a flat rate per coin, just include it in the coin price and say "includes shipping". $1.28 per coin seems like overkill, and will probably discourage people from buying more than one. If there is a fixed shipping price, I usually only buy one. If there is a discount on shipping for multiple coins, I am more likely to purchase a few.

--Marky

The shipping is percentage based. Considering it costs $.64 - $.77 to ship 1 coin that weights a little less than 2oz. the shipping is correct. As the weight goes up the shipping options are also decreased. The percentage charged also decreases as the number of coins increase.

Shipping is shipping, there are alot of other places out there that charge alot more for shipping.

The folks that have order 8+ sets will most likely get a partial shipping refund depending on actual shipping costs.

As far as when you can expect these coins: Samples are being minted this week, e-mail has been sent for tracking numbers and production will start on 1/23/06.

Coins should be here in 2-3 weeks. Shipped from will begin in another 1-4 days

Once I have the sample photo, I will post it here. I'm only having on type sampled to save time.

Edited by CacheHunters42