Free Hiking Staff

El Diablo

BTW, what do you folks think of ours?

abe28b08-2b71-47fd-b69e-6470ea72741b.jpg

That looks cool, but there are too many avatars for me to choose from, so I'm not going to vote for anyone (unless one comes up I haven't seen before and it blows me away!). Sorry all.

Of course, I think this one is awesome (but that's becaues I made it myself).

960ca503-6ffe-4b48-9436-7c2c3ff0e773.jpg

edit: corrected spelling

Edited by Wiz Creations
hummmmmmmmmm I wish the sticks I am giving away was as great as the one pic here.El Diablo is an artist.I will submitt a vote as well

....Great of El dioblo to have these contests.

Yours will improve as you keep doing them.

El Diablo's are great. I got my husband one for a Christmas present, and he loves it. It makes a great conversation starter when you run into other cachers, and is decorative in the living room, too.

Edited to say that this post was made by Neos2 using Neos1's account, which I didn't notice until just now....Since Neos1 is the male half of Team Neos, for I while I thought he was married to himself!

Edited by Neos 1

<------- I love my avatar. It would look great on a hiking staff. Amish Hacker created it. I don't know if he knows how much it means to me, but I think it's the best avatar ever!

<The following statement is not meant to seek votes, just a little info on why I REALLY love my avatar.>

My geocaching name was created due to my super geo-dog Catmandoo (but we call him Cat). Cat went along on a few geocaching outings when I started, but now he's 14 years old and has lumbosacral stenosis (a seriously disabling condition in greyhounds. It's slowly taking his ability to move away from him). He's the sweetest dog in the world, and long before his mind is ready to leave his earthly home, his body will make it necessary. According to the vets, he's got only a short amount of time left with me. By keeping this geocaching name, I will always be honoring my dear heart-dog (no other greyhound will ever be my true geo-grey.)

Bec

ACK!  I'm going to have to retract my vote. I had voted for Thrak's av, but now I see it's changed to just a black circle with "Thrak" in it.  The other one was so much better! 

Miz  :lol:

LOL - I'll change it back just for you. Glad you like it. :) I actually have a request in for help with this avatar in another thread - I'd like to change the background color to match the forums so the "box" around it isn't visible and I'd like to change it to color as well but I'm utterly inept with graphics programs so I had to ask others for help.

Edited by Thrak
ACK!  I'm going to have to retract my vote. I had voted for Thrak's av, but now I see it's changed to just a black circle with "Thrak" in it.  The other one was so much better! 

Miz  :lol:

LOL - I'll change it back just for you. Glad you like it. :grin: I actually have a request in for help with this avatar in another thread - I'd like to change the background color to match the forums so the "box" around it isn't visible and I'd like to change it to color as well but I'm utterly inept with graphics programs so I had to ask others for help.

Awww...thank you for putting it back! I think it symbolizes geocaching quite well. Would the av work with a transparent background? I experimented with it... not sure how to put something in this post, but will try:

thrak.gif

Mizdeeds :lol:

Email sent.

[enter shameless self-promotion] My avatar is my personal stamp that I sign logs with, I just told my wife yesterday while caching how cool a walking stick would be, as I have psoriatic arthritis at age 24, lucky me [/shame]

Anyways I love Diablos work and the winners will get quality staffs I bet.

Z

Nice looking staff! How much do they go for?

If you have to ask...you can't afford one. :grin: Just teasing. I would say that the 3 winners here will have a staff that would normally retail for $120.00 each.

So far we have what appears to be one clear cut winner, but it's still early. That leaves 2 up for grabs.

El Diablo

Can I buy an El Diablo staff?

I can't provide a link due to the new enforcement of commercial posting guidelines, but if you search google for "El Diablo Hiking Staff" the first result will get you where you want to go.

Yay! Now where's the price?

(of course I must wait to find out who the winner is)

Edit:

I would say that the 3 winners here will have a staff that would normally retail for $120.00 each.

Oh wow.

Edited by Wiz Creations
Nice looking staff!  How much do they go for?

If you have to ask...you can't afford one. :lol: Just teasing. I would say that the 3 winners here will have a staff that would normally retail for $120.00 each.

So far we have what appears to be one clear cut winner, but it's still early. That leaves 2 up for grabs.

El Diablo

$120 for a walking stick :lol: , you are right I can't afford that (my Jeep takes all my money) But who knows mabey someone will think my ultra cool avatar is worthy of being graced with the honors of a walking stick. :grin:

Oh my goodness. I can't believe that an El Diablo hiking stick has been floating around for two years and the owner hasn't had a chance to use it yet! That is sort of sad. :grin:

Jackie

If you read through the logs you will see that 4Agers actually received the staff in Ohio. Later he was transferred to Arizona and set the staff free again to meet them there.

Also you can't see t in the numerous photos, but the TB is actually embedded on the backside of the staff.

I also did one for MonkeyBrad that has a USA Geo-Coin embedded in the top of the staff.

El Diablo

Miz  :grin:

LOL - I'll change it back just for you. Glad you like it. :lol: I actually have a request in for help with this avatar in another thread - I'd like to change the background color to match the forums so the "box" around it isn't visible and I'd like to change it to color as well but I'm utterly inept with graphics programs so I had to ask others for help.

Awww...thank you for putting it back! I think it symbolizes geocaching quite well. Would the av work with a transparent background? I experimented with it... not sure how to put something in this post, but will try:

thrak.gif

Mizdeeds :lol:

Well it looks fine in your post but when I use it as an avatar I still have the box! I went out and logged back in from the main page to re-register the thing but it still shows with the box around it when used as an avatar. I don't get it. I appreciate your efforts though - I just don't understand graphics at all - such as WHY does it work when you post it or when I quote your post but not when I use it for an avatar??????

I'm going to keep it as my avatar though. I agree with your feelings about the symbiology - which is why I picked it in the first place. If I'm really (really!) lucky Amish Hacker will work on it and turn it into something better with color and such. He does awesome work but he doesn't know me and I'm kind of a n00b so I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks much for nominating me for a staff but, in the same vein as not counting on Amish Hacker to fix my avatar, I really don't have much hope of winning an El Diablo staff. It would be beyond awesome to have one but there are so very many nice avatars out there and many of them belong to better known folks than myself. I'm amazed and delighted to have been included as a candidate though. Seeing your post pretty much made my day. ;)

Edited by Thrak
Well it looks fine in your post but when I use it as an avatar I still have the box! I went out and logged back in from the main page to re-register the thing but it still shows with the box around it when used as an avatar. I don't get it. I appreciate your efforts though - I just don't understand graphics at all - such as WHY does it work when you post it or when I quote your post but not when I use it for an avatar??????

I'm going to keep it as my avatar though. I agree with your feelings about the symbiology - which is why I picked it in the first place. If I'm really (really!) lucky Amish Hacker will work on it and turn it into something better with color and such. He does awesome work but he doesn't know me and I'm kind of a n00b so I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks much for nominating me for a staff but, in the same vein as not counting on Amish Hacker to fix my avatar, I really don't have much hope of winning an El Diablo staff. It would be beyond awesome to have one but there are so very many nice avatars out there and many of them belong to better known folks than myself. I'm amazed and delighted to have been included as a candidate though. Seeing your post pretty much made my day. :lol:

I don't know why it won't work either. The one with a transparent background is a .gif file, and I see that all of the other avs are .jpg files, so maybe that's it. I tried loading it as mine, but my cat shows up instead. Durnit. Here's a .jpg with a gray background....

thrak.jpg

LOL, we've discussed it so much that you're scattered thru this thread, so maybe others will notice it and vote for your av too! I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it. I think it would look very cool on a hiking stick.

Glad to make your day :grin:

Miz