Hides & Finds Geocoin

Cryptid

You are correct, there are 50 members, and each has an option to buy 2 coins.

I have my extra as well! :mad:

Edited to clarify: This is a private group headed up by a husband and wife team. They gathered a group of 50 together, and are producing these coins. There will be 12 coins to the series.

There are also rumblings of a new series they will be putting out. It has to do with stories on the trails...and the pickles we get ourselves into... :laughing:

Edited by Cornerstone4
I am a member of the HFGcC, and I have an extra, but I think I will hold onto it until I have a whole set of 12...  Wonder what I could get for a whole set? :laughing:  :mad:

That's exactly what I was thinking.... :huh:

Hey, I didn't think of that either. I know someone traded there extra for a Volunteer coin plus two others. They weren't that expensive but only a 100 made and most would assume only really 50 that could be acquired by those who don't receive them initially.

Straight from the *ahem* horse's mouth.

Cornerstone4 is absolutely correct about the HFGcC club.

There will be 12 coins in this series and will feature 6 typical hiding locations and 6 typical hiding containers. Only 100 of the coins will be produced for each design. The coins will be and are numbered in order. The film canister coin was "#1 in a series of 12 coins". The coins are numbered but not trackable.

CS4 is also correct in that we are planning another series of coins that, for the time being, is being called "Hazards of Caching". All of us has taken a risk or two to find a cache. Some of us are regularly poked in the eyes by trees and a few fool hearty cachers (you know who you are) have come perilously close to a major accident.

What we are looking at for the Hazards of Caching coin is a 3-D representation of the hazard on one side and a brief description of what happened on the back. At the top of the coin on the back, where the description is, the cachers name (if they're willing to share that information with everyone) will be at the top and the approximate date of the incident at the bottom in the outer ring of the coin.

Of course we're going to depend on fellow cachers to share their stories and will be rewarded with a free coin for their contribution. Before we start production on the coins we will float the idea across the coin collecting forums to see how well it's received. If it looks like it's going to be a popular coin we will probably do pre-sales and mint as many as are requested.

More information as we figure things out.

Edited by Shop99er
Straight from the *ahem* horse's mouth.

What we are looking at for the Hazards of Caching coin is a 3-D representation of the hazard on one side and a brief description of what happened on the back. At the top of the coin on the back, where the description is, the cachers name (if they're willing to share that information with everyone) will be at the top and the approximate date of the incident at the bottom in the outer ring of the coin.

Of course we're going to depend on fellow cachers to share their stories and will be rewarded with a free coin for their contribution. Before we start production on the coins we will float the idea across the coin collecting forums to see how well it's received. If it looks like it's going to be a popular coin we will probably do pre-sales and mint as many as are requested.

More information as we figure things out.

I myself have a great story, involving a swarm of wasps. :unsure:

RE: The Hazards of Caching coin idea.

I'm going to start a new thread on this one. I've made a list of people who are willing to share their story and I believe I've emailed everyone to let them know I'd like a written version.

The new thread will, I hope, gather more people and more intrest. We are still working out details.