Tb Held Captive

GeoDiver/GeoGrammy

Hello Minnesota cachers! I have a TB that is near and dear to me that has been trapped in a cache because the cache owner got mad about some comments made by someone and archived all his caches.

I don't think he removed the caches, just archived them out of anger. I would appreciate it greatly if someone in the area could check this cache... GCHV08 ... and rescue my "Emmalee's Education TB".

Thanks for your help!!!

Sincerely,

Rick

GeoDiver

Lakewood, WA

that's awful. It sounds like the cache was clearly inappropriate, and it seems just another sign of the owners lack of responsibility that they didn't even bother to clear out the caches before archiving them. I hope someone up near the caches can rescue it for you. Have you tried e-mailing Astrogazer? They mentioned having seen the TB before (and almost grabbing it), and they've found the cache in question, so should be able to more easily retrieve it for you if the cache is still there.

That is awful---Even if the owner doesn't want to play any more, they really should pick up their ball and go home (go get the caches and not leave them laying around like so much litter).

Perhaps you could also write notes to the owners of nearby caches asking if you could use their cache to post a note with details and asking for a rescue? (If the caches are close enough to the archived ones, some of them may even volunteer to go out and pick up the cache remains while they are maintaining their own caches).

that's awful. It sounds like the cache was clearly inappropriate, and it seems just another sign of the owners lack of responsibility that they didn't even bother to clear out the caches before archiving them. I hope someone up near the caches can rescue it for you. Have you tried e-mailing Astrogazer? They mentioned having seen the TB before (and almost grabbing it), and they've found the cache in question, so should be able to more easily retrieve it for you if the cache is still there.

:) How was it clear that a cache was inappropriate? And who said it was to begin with? They were archived by the owner because another cacher made bad comments about them on their log. He deleted the comments before he archived, and the cacher he names in one listing cant be found in the system. As a matter of fact, I could only find one discouraging log on all of his hides, and that was for using a paint can that was wet and rusting. I dont agree with his thinking in abandoning his caches, but from the logs, he did a good job at placing quality caches.

Hey GeoDiver. I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about your TB. I was up that way last week and there is about 2 feet of snow up there. So if the cache is on the ground (like it sounds like it may be from the description), it's buried. And even if it's not, it'd be a trek through the snow to find it. I'll try again next time up there.

Hey GeoDiver. I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about your TB. I was up that way last week and there is about 2 feet of snow up there. So if the cache is on the ground (like it sounds like it may be from the description), it's buried. And even if it's not, it'd be a trek through the snow to find it. I'll try again next time up there.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the help and can certainly wait for the snows to melt. I'll be looking forward, hopefully to good news. Thanks again

Rick

GeoDiver

Your Travel Bug will be back on the road soon! We rescued it this weekend and will place it shortly...

To all of you GREAT Minnesota cachers who took to heart my plea for the rescue of my TB, and especially GeoFishing4Caches, I say "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart.

A side note to the recovery that makes this really special is this: The Emmalee's Education TB is a photo of my granddaughter, Emmalee who is 3 years old. She was 1 year old when the photo was taken. The goal of the TB is to travel to colleges and universities everywhere and have photos taken (if possible) visiting these places.

The special part of this story is that while GeoFishing4Caches was retrieving the TB this weekend, Emmalee was welcoming her new baby brother into the world and even got to witness his birth.

What a GREAT weekend for Grampy...that's me!

I now have a personal goal to do some caching in Minnesota and meet some of the great cachers there. And if any of you make it to the Seattle/Tacoma area, please let me know!

Thanks again for caring!

Peace,

Rick Lewis

GeoDiver