Leader Lists

vj24

I wouldn't mind having the website to enable you to lookup and sort users with the most finds by the country and the state they reside in. It would be interesting to see where I rank among users nationally and in my own state.

People who predominantly hunt caches in rural areas will be underrepresented.

If someone in a rural area has 4000 finds but someone in an urban area has 3998, they will still be listed higher.

Not necessarily. Rural cachers are less likely to hit his "target caches", so their count will lag behind (as far as being current and correct) those more likely to hit those caches.

People who predominantly hunt caches in rural areas will be underrepresented.

If someone in a rural area has 4000 finds but someone in an urban area has 3998, they will still be listed higher.

Not necessarily. Rural cachers are less likely to hit his "target caches", so their count will lag behind (as far as being current and correct) those more likely to hit those caches.

According to my understanding, his target caches are ones that get logged often. It doesn't matter who logs the target cache, the statistics for all previous finders will get updated. However, rural cacher will likely have found fewer target caches. So there is a good chance that the statistics of rural cachers may not get updated as often as someone who lives in an area with several target caches. This is also true for cachers who avoid doing many 1/1 caches.

Any leader board would be a good guess at best.

Any "leader" board would be misleading and counterproductive.

And, I will add, offensive. To me, anyway. I applaud Jeremy et al. for resisting the pressure to include such nonsense on this site.

hear, hear!

(i'm not on that list. i giggle.)