Sad News

Cornerstone4

I am going to list a personal coin that is in the early stages of production. Only one of these coins will be in silver which is the one being offered on ebay. I am waiting to hear if my coin design and icon will be approved, so I probably wouldn't be putting a coin on until next weekend. Does that sound ok?

I did it!! Just posted a 3 day listing you-know-where. Let me know what you think. You can see it HERE.

This is just a comment concerning your shipping. It is much cheaper and more effective to use the USPS vs UPS. Cost: Priority mail (2-3 days) $4.05 flat rate which coins would fit into a flat rate envelope even wrapped. Insurance: $1.30 for $100 and $1 for each additional $100. Currently(Sat at 8:13am EST), the bid is $125 that would be $2.30 for insurance. Total shipping $6.35.

Plus you can now ship to PO Boxes which UPS can not deliver to and you are not supporting a company that discrimiinates against home based businesses. The USPS will allow you to print shipping labels and have home pick up.

Off my soap box.

Terri

I did it!!  Just posted a 3 day listing you-know-where.  Let me know what you think.  You can see it HERE.

This is just a comment concerning your shipping. It is much cheaper and more effective to use the USPS vs UPS. Cost: Priority mail (2-3 days) $4.05 flat rate which coins would fit into a flat rate envelope even wrapped. Insurance: $1.30 for $100 and $1 for each additional $100. Currently(Sat at 8:13am EST), the bid is $125 that would be $2.30 for insurance. Total shipping $6.35.

Plus you can now ship to PO Boxes which UPS can not deliver to and you are not supporting a company that discrimiinates against home based businesses. The USPS will allow you to print shipping labels and have home pick up.

Off my soap box.

Terri

I didn't know exact shipping cost, plus I want to have some kind of tracking. It's too late to change now since there are bids, but I will be willing to work with the winner as far as shipping goes and issue partial refund if necessary.

I was going to list a Bronze and Silver LIGO coin tonight. Should I wait or go for it now? Just wondering what the general consensus is?

I would say, if you are ready to list it, go ahead and do so. I don't want to try and regulate the release of coins for the cause too much.

I attended the memorial for Bikedog today with many other cachers. There were also many many friends there that had nothing to do with caching. He was an avid motorcylce and mountain bike rider, as his name suggests. It was fun hearing tales from his motorcycle pals. One was telling me how Jerry used to drive him crazy when they were riding. He said they would be zooming along, when suddenly Jerry would come to a stop right in front of him. He said he would yell at Jerry asking what was the matter. Jerry would reply, "Nothing, we just passed a cache back there, and I need to log it!"

His 13-year-old daughter said that the memorial coin that is being made, "Means more than you can ever know."

I also had the opportunity to meet Bikedog's dad, who is also named Jerry. He is very touched by the outpouring from our community here. Howling Wolf showed them the forums, and he has been reading all of your messages and well wishes. He is really touched, and appreciates everything you all have done.

I am really touched to be part of such a caring community, and I wanted to share this with you.

Cheers,

Dave

I have had numerous requests for copies of the DVD that was played during Bikedog's Memorial Party on Saturday. The DVD is approximately 60 minutes long and contains a sampling of the things he loved in life. I will be happy to make a copy and send it to you for a minimum $10 donation to Jerry's memorial fund for the benefit of his daughter, Danielle. Please send a check to the following address made out to the "Gradisher Memorial".

Doug Dittrich

7996 Grado El Tupelo

Carlsbad, CA 92009

Thank you,

Howling Wolf

I did it!! Just posted a 3 day listing you-know-where. Let me know what you think. You can see it HERE.

I am happy to announce that these coins sold for $125. A cashiers check will be drawn and sent to this fund. I contacted buyer, slight delay on my part. I was taken to the ER Sunday night / Monday morning. My body decided that it didn't want its appendix, so I just got home from surgery. Also my apologies to anyone trying to contact me since then, I'm still groggy from the drugs they gave me so I'll try to reply to any emails, and will also try to make sense! :lol:

I did it!!  Just posted a 3 day listing you-know-where.  Let me know what you think.  You can see it HERE.

I am happy to announce that these coins sold for $125. A cashiers check will be drawn and sent to this fund. I contacted buyer, slight delay on my part. I was taken to the ER Sunday night / Monday morning. My body decided that it didn't want its appendix, so I just got home from surgery. Also my apologies to anyone trying to contact me since then, I'm still groggy from the drugs they gave me so I'll try to reply to any emails, and will also try to make sense! :(

OMG -- Are you OK?? I wish you a speedy recovery. :(

That was so nice of you to sell you coins for this worthy cause. I am sure you $125 will be much appreciated.

:lol::o

I am happy to announce that these coins sold for $125. A cashiers check will be drawn and sent to this fund. I contacted buyer, slight delay on my part. I was taken to the ER Sunday night / Monday morning. My body decided that it didn't want its appendix, so I just got home from surgery. Also my apologies to anyone trying to contact me since then, I'm still groggy from the drugs they gave me so I'll try to reply to any emails, and will also try to make sense! :(

OMG -- Are you OK?? I wish you a speedy recovery. :(

That was so nice of you to sell you coins for this worthy cause. I am sure you $125 will be much appreciated.

:lol::o

I'm perfectly fine just sore, thanx for asking and I know Jerry's family will appreciate it.

I have had numerous requests for copies of the DVD that was played during Bikedog's Memorial Party on Saturday. The DVD is approximately 60 minutes long and contains a sampling of the things he loved in life. I will be happy to make a copy and send it to you for a minimum $10 donation to Jerry's memorial fund for the benefit of his daughter, Danielle. Please send a check to the following address made out to the "Gradisher Memorial".

Doug Dittrich

7996 Grado El Tupelo

Carlsbad, CA 92009

Thank you,

Howling Wolf

When I send a cashiers check, which address ahould I send it to? This one or the credit union? Thanx, will hopefully get check drawn this afternoon and send it tomorrow.

I have had numerous requests for copies of the DVD that was played during Bikedog's Memorial Party on Saturday.  The DVD is approximately 60 minutes long and contains a sampling of the things he loved in life. I will be happy to make a copy and send it to you for a minimum $10 donation to Jerry's memorial fund for the benefit of his daughter, Danielle.  Please send a check to the following address made out to the "Gradisher Memorial".

Doug Dittrich

7996 Grado El Tupelo

Carlsbad, CA 92009

Thank you,

Howling Wolf

When I send a cashiers check, which address ahould I send it to? This one or the credit union? Thanx, will hopefully get check drawn this afternoon and send it tomorrow.

If you want a copy of the DVD, send it to me and I will take it to the Credit Union; otherwise send it directly to the Credit Union.

Regards,

Doug

The dorkfish geocoins raised a total of $628.00 for the Gradisher Memorial account. There were a few individuals who bid on the auction and expressed interest in purchasing a black nickel coin but I never heard back from them. If you did place a bid and are still interested in purchasing a black nickel coin send me an email. I can always mail a second check to the memorial account.

I will be putting a money order in the mail addressed to the Credit Union. Thank you again to Barry who was the winning bidder of the silver auction. And thank you to everyone who bid so generously and to those who purchased a black nickel coin. The generosity of fellow geocachers never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you again :laughing:

The dorkfish geocoins raised a total of $628.00 for the Gradisher Memorial account. There were a few individuals who bid on the auction and expressed interest in purchasing a black nickel coin but I never heard back from them. If you did place a bid and are still interested in purchasing a black nickel coin send me an email. I can always mail a second check to the memorial account.

I will be putting a money order in the mail addressed to the Credit Union. Thank you again to Barry who was the winning bidder of the silver auction. And thank you to everyone who bid so generously and to those who purchased a black nickel coin. The generosity of fellow geocachers never ceases to amaze me.

I think you deserve some thanks yourself, Karma. You could have made a bundle for yourself with those LE coins, but you chose to give it to bikedog's family instead. That's some amazing generosity too.

:D

Edited by Team Donutdog

Karma, your generosity is an example to us all! That is a wonderful thing you have done!