Supplies Question

Henki

We've just hidden our first cache, and we're itching to do more. Can anyone provide me with some tips on where to find those little ziploc plastic bags that people put the logs in?

Also, there's a local cacher who uses these great magnetic containers that are plastic and look almost like a closed knife sheath. Any ideas on where to find them?

Thanks for any info!

My local craft stores do NOT have them! I found some at a local cigar store and I've heard that someone else found them at a cigarette store. However, I finally had a brain flash and figured out where I want to go look for the really small ones. I'm going to contact the coin dealers. Many of the "small" ones I've seen are still a bit big. I think that coin dealers will likely have the very small bags in stock. I'm going to check one tomorrow to see. I'm off to "The Penny Ranch" tomorrow to check.

Also, there's a local cacher who uses these great magnetic containers that are plastic and look almost like a closed knife sheath. Any ideas on where to find them?

I haven't the foggest idea what these are. Maybe the craft store too? Beats me.

I've seen some magnetic hide-a-key containers that look like this.

Ah, figured out that the item I'm trying to find is a magnetic key locker that holds approximately 6 keys. I already had the hide-a-key thing, but I'd never seen the plastic key locker deal. Found one at a cache the other day and used Google to track down the maker of the thing.

I don't know how to add photos to this post, but here's the link to the key locker I was looking for. key locker

Thanks for all the help!

Edit: added link

Edited by Henki
:anitongue: Get my Little Bags at Wal-Mart Craft section (3 different sizes)(2"X3" 3"X4" 4"X6")........... :laughing:

2x3 is way too big to fit well inside a micro. There are much smaller bags made - it's just finding them that is a pain. They are easy to find if you want to buy 1,000 or so but I really don't need that many.