Gc.com & Waymarking

I know that if/when that happens, there will be much more people doing Waymarking. The complains I have heard consist of, "Waymarks don't come up on my geocaching stats, so I don't want to do it."

The picture could just be this, but without the beta and Waymarking text.

homepage_menu_r1_c2.gif

That is excatly the icon that I had in mind...glad that it has been thought of and just might work. I know I'm not as excited when it doesn't come up on GC.com, but I still have logged and listed a few to say that I've done it.

Add the icon to geocaching.com but don't include it in the cache finds count. Make it similar to travel bugs and geocoins and benchmarks; they get the icon and the numbers so that people can see it, but it doesn't mess with the GC stats. That won't get everyone, but it will get a lot. (And it will make most us Waymarkers happy!)

This was discussed in depth a while back in a thread I remember posting to. Just do a searc......... Oh yeah.

Anyway, I believe Jeremy posted that there would be some sort of integration of stats between the two sites. The general consensus was that this was wanted by most people.

Do You Want All Finds Listed In One Account?

I didn't see in that thread where Jeremy said that this will happen.

Add the icon to geocaching.com but don't include it in the cache finds count. Make it similar to travel bugs and geocoins and benchmarks; they get the icon and the numbers so that people can see it, but it doesn't mess with the GC stats. That won't get everyone, but it will get a lot. (And it will make most us Waymarkers happy!)

It would make me more into Wamarking!

I even forsee the same icon showing how many Waymarks you own too.

This was discussed in depth a while back in a thread I remember posting to. Just do a searc......... Oh yeah.

Anyway, I believe Jeremy posted that there would be some sort of integration of stats between the two sites. The general consensus was that this was wanted by most people.

Do You Want All Finds Listed In One Account?

I didn't see in that thread where Jeremy said that this will happen.

One, I don't see the post where Jeremy said the stats will be integrated.

Second, "wanted by most people." Huh? The polling was done in the Premium-only-at-the-time section of Waymarking. How is that "most people?" I guess the folks who don't care about virts over on the GC side don't count?

Repeating myself....

The separation of Geocaching and Waymarking appears to be the intention of Groundspeak. As such, physical containers (Geocaches) would be on one site, and points of interest (Waymarks) would be on the other.

Therefore, I would love to see Groundspeak move to the forefront as the main area of activities.

Kinda like the Profile page now that allows you to jump to various spots.

So...

Groundspeak would be the hosting site for Members to sign in and jump to

--My Account

--My Geocaching

--My Waymarking

--My Trackables

--Premium Member features

--Forums

--Search

--Help Files

The sub page for MY ACCOUNT would host the items

--The membership stuff, like user name, password, etc.

--An overall MAIN Profile page on everything you've done (Found,Hidden, Visited etc)

--An option to make stats public/private (optional.. just adding ideas)

The sub page for MY GEOCACHING would host the items

--My Geocaching Stats (The current Profile Page)

--Search for Geocaches near me by Origins (borrowed from Waymarking)

The sub page for MY Waymarking would host the items

--My Waymarking Stats (borrowed from Geocaching)

--Search forWaymarks near me by Origin (like it is now)

The sub page for MY TRACKABLES would be like it is now

The sub page for PREMIUM MEMBER FEATURES would host

--Pocket Queries for all activities

--Bookmark Management for all activities

--Insta-Notify

The sub page for FORUMS would be like it is now

The sub page for SEARCH would allow searches for

--Geocache by Keyword

--Waymark by Keyword

--Another Member by Keyword (would link to their GC/WM STATS or MAIN PAGE)

The sub page for HELP FILES would have all those documents we read

Something like that anyways... I'm sure some of it could easily be relocated, but the main point to me is to make the Groundspeak area the main site, and reduce the redundant parts and the ones that currently cross link poorly (like the Profile on the Waymarking page that is actually the Geocaching one)

;) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

Gee... I might start getting my hopes up.

<_< The Blue Quasar

edit: I hope they aren't getting ready to unveil ANOTHER game. They should get Waymarking finished first in my opinion. There is a lot of stuff still needed in Waymarking.... don't put too many irons in the fire please.

Edited by The Blue Quasar