Cito Coin

gridlox

I think this is worthy of it's own thread...

The idea was brought up in another thread of a CITO coin in the coins forum and a couple of ideas was thrown about.

EDIT: IN MY EXCITEMENT TO SHARE THE DESIGN OF THE COIN, I TOTALLY FORGOT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!! ATLANTA GAL WAS THE ONE WITH THE CONCEPT FOR THIS COIN AND THIS WAS JUST MY INTERPETATION OF HER CONCEPT.

SORRY AG!! :laughing:

This the design I created for it.

2006_CITO_Coin.jpg

While I definately don't have the financial means to see something like this through, I'd love to see it produced. (As would others! ;) )

Since CITO & Signal are trademarks of Groundspeak, we'd like to see them available through the Groundspeak Store.

So this is an official request to Groundspeak to produce them.

So, let our voices be heard! :lol:

D-man ;)

Edited by gridlox
What a great idea!  It would be nice if someone minted this coin.

Especially if you could only purchase one at a CITO event.

I like this idea....it would get more people out to support CITO's

Then you'd only have to mint 1 coin as the number would get passed around and everyone would have the icon :P

Will they be ready for the 2nd of April which is the first of two CITO events in April that I'll be taking part of?
Yes. They will be. Should be available very very soon.

I do not know the details of international shipping, though.

Who can I contact to work the details of the bulk purchase and international shipping?

Who can I contact to work the details of the bulk purchase and international shipping?

Look around at http://www.geocoinclub.com .

mike@geocoinclub.com

"We do ship internationally. We service anywhere USPS Global Priority goes. Which is most places ..."

"For bulk orders, our VIPs can make orders of 25+. We can offer it to them in presale but they can purchase in bulk during a regular sale as well."

I'm told you have to be in their so-called VIP program, which should be a piece of cake. Mike can walk you through any details.

They'll auto-enroll anyone who orders 25+. Understandably, they do not really want to handle orders of just 1 or 2. He said:

if someone wants to order like 25 for an event they can do so by contacting me and I'll set up a VIP account for the order.

That is not so fine!! At first you say: Groundspeak is doing this with the cito coin. So I thought you can buy the coins in the Groundspeak shop. Now you wrote, that you can order the coins only as VIP at geocoinclub.

I think you are not intersted in my opinion for this shop, where you order and pay a lot of coins and you will get them half a year later B)B):) .

So for us European there will be no hope to get the cito coins at the beginning of april.

By the way, I do not have the signal coins from January and I´m not a VIP member.

best regards

marc

That is not so fine!! At first you say: Groundspeak is doing this with the cito coin. So I thought you can buy the coins in the Groundspeak shop. Now you wrote, that you can order the coins only as VIP at geocoinclub.

I think you are not intersted in my opinion for this shop, where you order and pay a lot of coins and you will get them half a year later B)B):) .

So for us European there will be no hope to get the cito coins at the beginning of april.

By the way, I do not have the signal coins from January and I´m not a VIP member.

best regards

marc

I think you missed the point. To oreder in bulk and get a discount you have to be a VIP member. Anybody can order these, though.

As for timing.....another story.

best regards

marc

I think you missed the point. To oreder in bulk and get a discount you have to be a VIP member. Anybody can order these, though.

As for timing.....another story.

well, as a non-member, it doesn't seem possible to even find the coin on their site. they have a coin gallery - that it's not in. and a members only store - which you can search as a non-member. I think there will be many very unhappy geocachers if this is the only place where you can order them. any info on why they aren't carrying it at Groundspeak? I have a feeling that many cachers will be unhappy if this is the only option for purchase.

Is this going to be a trackable coin?

And since it is suppose to be available starting tomorrow, why isn't there any more information somewhere to see?

I hope that this isn't another $10 coin. I also hope that this wont be an artificially limited quantity coin. Someone hosting a cito event in November should still be able to purchase a bunch of them a few weeks before the event.

I will be listing these online tonight. They will start selling at 9:30pm tomorrow night.

If you want to buy bulk the instructions are in the coin description

The coins have been in for a week, so they will ship immediately starting on Monday.

Edit: The coins are $6.00 each and there are plenty to go around. So if you don't get your bulk request in within the first 5 mins of the sale, don't fret :)

Edit2: Just posted it.

http://www.geocoinstore.com/viewfullcoinde...n.php?coinid=47

Edited by trippy1976

Great... I wanted to grab 5 or 6 of these coins as prizes for my upcoming CITO event April 22. Unfortunately I was on a plane when they went on sale, and couldn't get anywhere near the Internet. :rolleyes: Is there going to be another opportunity to buy them soon? If so, when?

Hopefully another batch will be released before CITO day 2006....

Great... I wanted to grab 5 or 6 of these coins as prizes for my upcoming CITO event April 22. Unfortunately I was on a plane when they went on sale, and couldn't get anywhere near the Internet. :rolleyes: Is there going to be another opportunity to buy them soon? If so, when?

They are still on sale at http://geocoinstore.com/.

They are still on sale at http://geocoinstore.com/.

Thanks! I was looking at the wrong web site (duh!) Got 'em ordered!