Mississippi Geocoin

LadeBear68

Well, I find it interesting that the little low quantity button hasn't appeared on the regular coin. That means that 500 have NOT sold out yet. So in a way, the store may have a hard time selling out large coin editions anyway.

I think they had raised their qty to 1000. At least that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yeah but I thought it was 500 at 8 and 500 at midnight? Maybe they decided to sell all at 1 time, I don't know.

Well, I find it interesting that the little low quantity button hasn't appeared on the regular coin. That means that 500 have NOT sold out yet. So in a way, the store may have a hard time selling out large coin editions anyway.

I think they had raised their qty to 1000. At least that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

It is 1000, 500 for the 8pm sales and 500 at midnight.

They aren't showing another sale occuring.

That site is really hard to know what is going on. no real information about anything at all except what time you try and buy something.

And More! Our VIP program is new but we are working to build even more great features into the program. As a VIP customer, we welcome your feedback on the program and features you would like to see.

Unfortunately, there was no way for me to become a VIP member to take advantage of the features, even though I've personally bought way more than $250 on the site. Oh well. Hopefully they will listen to our whining and improve their customer service. Or not, since they seem to be selling out just fine at the moment. <_<

That's where I stand, I have bought WAY more than 250.00 and I think if they did good buss., they would consider that.

If I read the updgrade page right, it seems like if you have bought $250 in the last six months you can upgrade for free. But then if you want to buy less than 25 of a coin you will have to have a seperate account to buy in the 1-10 coin range as VIP's can only buy 25-100 coins.

And More! Our VIP program is new but we are working to build even more great features into the program. As a VIP customer, we welcome your feedback on the program and features you would like to see.

Unfortunately, there was no way for me to become a VIP member to take advantage of the features, even though I've personally bought way more than $250 on the site. Oh well. Hopefully they will listen to our whining and improve their customer service. Or not, since they seem to be selling out just fine at the moment. <_<

That's where I stand, I have bought WAY more than 250.00 and I think if they did good buss., they would consider that.

If I read the updgrade page right, it seems like if you have bought $250 in the last six months you can upgrade for free. But then if you want to buy less than 25 of a coin you will have to have a seperate account to buy in the 1-10 coin range as VIP's can only buy 25-100 coins.

There's no point in emailing to ask because you never get a reponse from them. I have emailed with questions about several different things and have never herd back, then the Kansas codes thing. I know several people who will not use their site anymore because the lack of customer service.

Well that makes no sense. I like extras, but not 25 of them, lol! Basically the site is catering to coin groups. I think we should all join one just for these silly sales at the geocoin store, lol!

I think those of us not in a group should make one <_< . I know several of us "die-hard" collectors that are not in a group.

Well that makes no sense. I like extras, but not 25 of them, lol! Basically the site is catering to coin groups. I think we should all join one just for these silly sales at the geocoin store, lol!

I'd be all for that but I don't think anyone person wants to be stuck being in charge of collecting the $$ and distributing the coins. I'd join if someone forms one.

Actually, I was thinking of joining one that exists and only opting in for coin sales on the geocoin store, lol. Where's hydnsek when you need her? <_<

But I suppose we could form our own group just for geocoin store sales. I know the other groups require you to have money on account with the group leader ahead of time. But I am sure some of the other folks that are in groups like PCC, COOL or ICE could tell us how they manage everything.

TNGCG ---> the non-group coin group ;)

Edited by AtlantaGal
Actually, I was thinking of joining one that exists and only opting in for coin sales on the geocoin store, lol. Where's hydnsek when you need her? <_<

But I suppose we could form our own group just for geocoin store sales. I know the other groups require you to have money on account with the group leader ahead of time. But I am sure some of the other folks that are in groups like PCC, COOL or ICE could tell us how they manage everything.

I agree with this. I would only want to buy as a group at places that cater to groups.

Edit: That has to be the name!!!!

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
Well that makes no sense. I like extras, but not 25 of them, lol!  Basically the site is catering to coin groups. I think we should all join one just for these silly sales at the geocoin store, lol!

I'd be all for that but I don't think anyone person wants to be stuck being in charge of collecting the $$ and distributing the coins. I'd join if someone forms one.

I am in the process of starting the IGYB club, but others are welcome use it as a model. It works better as a local group, but in reality it would work fine for people more geographically spread out. There is no central pool of money. Just a bunch of people who are active buyers and regularly buy 3 or more coins when they can. If they miss out, somebody else in the club hopefully has their back (hence the club name).

Maybe I should open it up to all, I don't know. I need to think about how that would work. Part of the function of the club is that everyone has their home and work coords entered in, and when you miss out, you are paired up with the person who is geographically closest to you that has an extra. Hopefully, that will be a local exchange, saving shipping costs.

You earn club karma points by sharing. When you miss out on a sale, the person who has the highest club karma has dibs on the available coins.

I'm still working on the idea, and probably plan on setting up a website for it. I was going to try to run it out of a yahoo group, but I think that it would leave a lot of task to be manually done and I don't want anyone burdened with it.

Any thoughts?

--Marky

P.S. As with all of the other geocaching related sites I have done, this would be a free site.

With Atlantagal as our president! <_<

Noooooo, not me. But I will ask some of the other group leaders how they do all this and see if it's something we might be able to form.

I did receive an email from two of my trading buds who are not in coin groups and both were able to order LEs. So a few individuals got through.

So a yahoo group then? With Atlantagal as our president! <_<

Count me in!!

It sounds like the VIPS have 24 hours to pay, we may be able to escape having much $$ on hand if one person can get the paypal funds from everyone else w/in 24 hours, most of us are used to paying immediately anyways.

Does anyone already have the $250 in purchases to become a VIP at no cost?

I did receive an email from two of my trading buds who are not in coin groups and both were able to order LEs. So a few individuals got through.

I tried to grab 1 and everything went through fine but it doesn't show up on my list with the regular one under my account page.

You have a paypal receipt? I'd definitely be contacting them if you do.

Interesting discussions. I didn't post before the second sale as I didn't want to give away any edge before the English coin. But I managed to pick up the LE coin and I have the disadvantage of having to change the destination box.

For a basic registered user you get the ability to pay in 24 hours therefore you have the coins when you hit the buy button. You don't have to proceed immediately to PayPal.

I go through the motions on these sales and this is the first LE coin I have managed to pick up. If I miss them I just go for the normal. I don't see the point of getting upset about it.

Oh and I missed the LE egg. I wont cry though.

Interesting discussions. I didn't post before the second sale as I didn't want to give away any edge before the English coin. But I managed to pick up the LE coin and I have the disadvantage of having to change the destination box.

For a basic registered user you get the ability to pay in 24 hours therefore you have the coins when you hit the buy button. You don't have to proceed immediately to PayPal.

I go through the motions on these sales and this is the first LE coin I have managed to pick up. If I miss them I just go for the normal. I don't see the point of getting upset about it.

I am also a registered user but I really didn't notice any advantage. Especially when I didn't even see the egg drop.

I am also a registered user but I really didn't notice any advantage. Especially when I didn't even see the egg drop.

I'm registered as well. It didn't make a difference except I was able to correct the quantity on Anthus's coin by deleting the duplicate order.

The egg dropped allright. The other advantage of being a single buyer is that if you have asked for 5 and there are not enough to satisfy the request you will get an out of stock. A single buyer might slip under radar at low levels.

I tried for one of each of those coins and got nothing. The bad part is now, people are going to want gold for trade.

I have DSL and didn't even see the LEs at all at 8PM. So all I bought were 3 regular.

I have a really bad dial-up connection and I think I got 2 LE's. At least I got to pay for them. I better go and buy a lottery ticket or 2 if I beat all these high-speed connections for a change <_<

I also agree that LE coins should not be subject to any VIP status. This only allows the people that have the money upfront to corner the market and the sharks will circle and use the apparent need to bolster their pockets. I also believe that the LE sales should restrict the numbers you can order to less than 5.

And one last thing I think the shipping destination should default to Zambia so we all have to waste time in that box. <_<

Edited by BelKen

I'm just a single user and managed to get both of the limited edition ones that dropped tonight. But I'm a poor person, so I only got one of each. The only problem I had was with the regular Mississipi coin. I'm being charged for two transactions (2 coins + 2 shipping) and The Geocoin Store is only showing that I ordered one (and I did only order 1). I don't mind getting the two, but it looks like they only have me ordering one. I guess I'll e-mail them later!

Edited by MustangJoni
I'm just a single user and managed to get both of the limited edition ones that dropped tonight. But I'm a poor person, so I only got one of each. The only problem I had was with the regular Mississipi coin. I'm being charged for two transactions (2 coins + 2 shipping) and The Geocoin Store is only showing that I ordered one (and I did only order 1). I don't mind getting the two, but it looks like they only have me ordering one. I guess I'll e-mail them later!

Maybe you got mine?

Let me know if you get one you didn't pay for <_<

<_< - The problem is that I'm being shorted by one. I ordered one, was charged for two, and it looks like they are sending me one. I've got a feeling this is going to be a mess to sort out! - Actually the way it worked out tonight - I ordered 5 total coins - 1 each of the Limited English and Mississippi, 1 each of the English and Mississippi, and one Anthus Firefighter. And was charged for 6 coins. Edited by MustangJoni

I think this LE crap was a pile of STUFF. Gone in three seconds! You can bet someone bought just about the entire lot! The regular coin price per quantity produced is way high. 8.00x1000=8000 someone is making a killing! not to mention the 3.37 for the handling. Am I the only one that noticed 11.37 per coin is outrageous?! Not to mention the store PRE-SELLS for their customer. 9 out of 10 times the coin is not in hand when the order is placed. So I too will be interested to see who sells them on Ebay! Due to poor customer service,not answering emails,VIP crap, and having a @#$@ checkout policy, I will not be doing business with them anymore. I hope the rest of you feel somewhat slighted and do the same. Only then will they pay attention!!!!!!!