Mississippi Geocoin

LadeBear68

Okay...now you've got me questioning whether I've got LE's or regulars! I ordered from the box on the right hand side and then had to go back quickly (it only put one in) and order two...it was still there when I did it and everything went through...got a Paypal reciept but I don't see LE anywhere on it.

Doc

Well that makes no sense. I like extras, but not 25 of them, lol!  Basically the site is catering to coin groups. I think we should all join one just for these silly sales at the geocoin store, lol!

Yes, the new VIP program is for coin clubs, but no, GCC has is definitely not catering to coin groups. They didn't have any option to buy in bulk until this week, and the new setup doesn't work very well - PCC just had our first club miss with the Mississippi coins - unable to buy before they were gone. <_<

FYI, we don't buy LE coins as a club at all - only the 'base' coin. So we are not the enemy! We are simply 25 people making a single purchase of a bulk coin instead of 25 individual buys.

Edit to say: And I agree that there should be limits to LE buys - no bulk orders.

Edited by hydnsek
Actually, I was thinking of joining one that exists and only opting in for coin sales on the geocoin store, lol. Where's hydnsek when you need her? ;)

But I suppose we could form our own group just for geocoin store sales. I know the other groups require you to have money on account with the group leader ahead of time. But I am sure some of the other folks that are in groups like PCC, COOL or ICE could tell us how they manage everything.

TNGCG ---> the non-group coin group :(

You rang? You are welcome to join PCC anytime, Gal. As are the rest of you!

But it wouldn't have helped with Mississippi - see my previous post. <_<

Okay...now you've got me questioning whether I've got LE's or regulars! I ordered from the box on the right hand side and then had to go back quickly (it only put one in) and order two...it was still there when I did it and everything went through...got a Paypal reciept but I don't see LE anywhere on it.

My paypal receipt says this:

Total Shipping: $1.37 USD

Total Handling: $2.00 USD

Total: $13.37 USD

Item/Product Name: English Geocoin - Limited Edition

Item/Product Number: GCS-19

Buyer:

My Mississippi one says Limited Edition also

Edited by MustangJoni

So I get onto the site an hour ahead of time...I'm tapping F5 every couple of minutes...its like waiting for the ball to drop at Times Square...1 minute to go...F5....30 seconds F5....5 seconds F5...0 seconds F5....................long pause...screeen refreshes...NO LE's!

Oh well..I'll get regulars...I want 10...can only get 8...pay for those....go back...still no LEs....think, I'll get the other 2....for almost $20!...in the end, the average price per coin is $8.94 each!

I think I'll be seriously considering boycotting this type of sale in the future....how many LEs were available for sale.....5? Don't they do that stuff at grocery stores with a sale for something they only have 3 of....just to get you into the store to crank up your Credit Card on stuff you didn't really need in the first place?

Quick like little bunnies everyone - they just posted more Mississippi coins!! Quantities no longer low or gone, as of now!

This is the most bizarre selling approach I've seen .... they were sold out an hour ago, now they have them.....if I hadn't gone back there randomly, I would never have known so I could make a buy..... <_<

Quick like little bunnies everyone - they just posted more Mississippi coins!! Quantities no longer low or gone, as of now!

This is the most bizarre selling approach I've seen .... they were sold out an hour ago, now they have them.....if I hadn't gone back there randomly, I would never have known so I could make a buy..... ;)

Not bizarre. This coin was supposed to be sold in 2 lots of 500. Only I thought the second lot was slated for midnight rather than 11. Weird.

At least you didn't officially fail PCC members yet <_<

Quick like little bunnies everyone - they just posted more Mississippi coins!!  Quantities no longer low or gone, as of now!

This is the most bizarre selling approach I've seen .... they were sold out an hour ago, now they have them.....if I hadn't gone back there randomly, I would never have known so I could make a buy.....  ;)

Not bizarre. This coin was supposed to be sold in 2 lots of 500. Only I thought the second lot was slated for midnight rather than 11. Weird.

At least you didn't officially fail PCC members yet <_<

Somehow, I never saw there were 2 lots, or the times.

but yes, I DID make the PCC buy, after all! Whew!

Now this is just a theory I have been suspecting over the last few days, I think these are all from the same sale. When someone clicks the buy now button it removes that number of coins from the available stock and then if payment or something goes wrong it returns them back to the storefront to be sold again. I have noticed something along these lines happening before.

I am not going to quote myself, but I may have been on to something. Users that are not registered the coin will stay in their queue for 10 mins if it is not paid for by then it will reappear. For the free registered users it is supposed to be 24 hours, and then the VIP's get something else?

If you guys are still interested in this coin, keep checking back all 5 coins that were on sale tongiht just popped up again! They are not there as I am posting this but they could pop back up.

Ok, did the gc store screw anyone else with their LE orders? I know i got 2 LE's but my invoice shows 2 normal ones. I know i hit the LE's (because i saw both order boxes on the screen and picked the LE one) but they must have switched my orders so the VIP's could get their orders :D ... I almost wish the prices would be different so I could have proof ... but since they are they same cost, they are able to screw people!

Ok, did the gc store screw anyone else with their LE orders?  I know i got 2 LE's  but my invoice shows 2 normal ones.  I know i hit the LE's (because i saw both order boxes on the screen and picked the LE one) but they must have switched my orders so the VIP's could get their orders :D  ... I almost wish the prices would be different so I could have proof ... but since they are they same cost, they are able to screw people!

I just noticed the same thing on my receipts. I ordered the LE, then went to the regulars and put in my order for those also. Now, after checking the receipts, they both come out with #24, no #25 LE. :D

I just sent an e-mail to Mike so that he could clarify the situation. Has anyone else noticed the same thing on their paypal receipts?

Any others in the same situation should send them a note to report this.

Edited by Big JohnP
And they are still available this morning too? Kinda funny when the sold out in the first 5 mins of the sale. They must have been holding some out for a later sale or something really went wrong the other night.

The coins that are up now are coins that did not get paid for, so they go back on sale.

I just received a note concerning my order for the Mississippi LE. Even though I punched in on the LE order and paid for said coins, my receipt from Paypal came back saying I ordered the Antique Silver. Right after the first order, I went back and got some regulars from the other box and those came out right.

Now I also find out that there are no LE to replace the ones I should have. Has this happened to others. I know I saw a posting from Grimlock and docdigit saying just about the same thing as me concerning the order for their LE coins. That they had ordered the LE, but it registered regulars on their receipts.

Seems to me that something is not right here. This is not supposed to happen. If the LE had run out, I should have received a "not available" note instead of letting me go on paying for something I did not order.

Has anyone else received a note from the site concerning this issue?

I had a request from them for my transaction number. I sent that and am waiting to hear back. My guess is that I'll be in the same boat as you though. I agree, if I order one thing and get an item that is of lesser intrinsic value (even if it is at the same price), there is something very, very wrong with that.

Doc

If I pay for something and then they substitute it for something I consider of lesser value without giving me an option...what is the name for that?

Edited by docdigit
I just received a note concerning my order for the Mississippi LE. Even though I punched in on the LE order and paid for said coins, my receipt from Paypal came back saying I ordered the Antique Silver. Right after the first order, I went back and got some regulars from the other box and those came out right.

Now I also find out that there are no LE to replace the ones I should have. Has this happened to others. I know I saw a posting from Grimlock and docdigit saying just about the same thing as me concerning the order for their LE coins. That they had ordered the LE, but it registered regulars on their receipts.

Seems to me that something is not right here. This is not supposed to happen. If the LE had run out, I should have received a "not available" note instead of letting me go on paying for something I did not order.

Email sent about LE coin.

I had a request from them for my transaction number. I sent that and am waiting to hear back. My guess is that I'll be in the same boat as you though. I agree, if I order one thing and get an item that is of lesser intrinsic value (even if it is at the same price), there is something very, very wrong with that.

Doc

If I pay for something and then they substitute it for something I consider of lesser value without giving me an option...what is the name for that?

Email sent about LE coin,

I sent them an e-mail but have not heard back from them. Have any of you heard anything else? It would be nice if they acknowledged me ... considering they have my money!

Well, here's the response I got from them regarding my problem:

Unless you have an email from PayPal showing that you ordered the Limited Edition Geocoin, we cannot change the order. However, we can refund your purchase if you request it before the geocoins ship.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

So, basically, I'm told i'm buying item X but end up with item Y. I think i'm just gonna keep them but this royally stinks - I wish there was something I could do to get the coins I ordered!

Well, I just sent them a message cancelling the first part of the order. It seems mistakes can never happen with computers. So I'm not going to argue forever with them.

All I can say is "I seem to remember a certain shape of coin that I got not long ago that would summarize the situation very well, but I won't lower myself to saying it openly". Lesson learned. What else can I say? I'm just lucky there was no real harm done. :rolleyes:;)

Yeah guys but there's more, they are also saying that all three of us screwed up in exactly the same way, at exactly the same time for exactly the same item. Now, I work with statistics every day, care to know the odds of that one? It is something on the order of over 20,000 to 1. But, we have to remember, their computer is completely infallable... I won't be buying through them again no matter how much I might save..I'm thinking about getting out of the coins entirely after this... :lol:

Doc

Yeah guys but there's more, they are also saying that all three of us screwed up in exactly the same way, at exactly the same time for exactly the same item. Now, I work with statistics every day, care to know the odds of that one? It is something on the order of over 20,000 to 1.

Would the 3 of you mind playing the lottery for us, a few times :D

QUOTE (outdoorlady79 @ Jan 27 2006, 05:11 PM)

My personal opinion is that the VIP groups shouldn't be able to buy the LE's like that, they should be limited only the standard coins. Or at the very least be limited to one LE per group member. What keeps one VIP group from buying all 150 of these LE's?

I got the VIP status for the UKCC and as such we could not get the LE's By the time I logged out and tried to log in under my own name to get 1-2 they were gone. So I don't think the VIP status allowed anything, other than not placing 5 orders to get all the coins needed for our club. If anything I lost out on the LE's ;)

Lynn