New Geocoin!

The new icon: 159.gif

As I understand it 36 of these coins have arrived in this country, and I'd like to thank the reviewers for making them available. Has anyone else seen one? Photos to follow when I find some batteries for my camera :D

Edited for the hell of it. I'm a rebel, me.

Edited by Simply Paul
The new icon: 159.gif

As I understand it 36 of these coins have arrived in this country, and I'd like to thank the reviewers for making them available. Has anyone else seen one? Photos to follow when I find some batteries for my camera :D

Edited for the hell of it. I'm a rebel, me.

So who're the other 34 Groundspeak Volunteers?

Lactodorum has got 20 and Eckington has got 16, lucky guys eh?

So why did Lacto get more than Ecky? Years of service? Number of caches approved? Disputes resolved?? ;)

Did hydee get any she could pass our way?? :lol:

We actually got the same number each ;)

I made the decision to allow 4 of mine to be adopted by other people.

One was adopted by the other short, fat bloke with beard and specs :laughing: the other three I asked to be adopted by Tim & June, Richard & Beth and Moss Trooper, the original UK based reviewers :D:D:huh:

As Eckington said, we each got the same allocation and they are being distributed to various "deserving causes". Some will be adopted, some will be grabbed and some will be "let loose" to wander. The only thing we hope is that none of them end up on eBay!!

how about the offer of unlimited beer? would that be a deserving cause, or simply bribery??? :laughing:;)

I shall await the arrival of one in a cache in the south london / surrey vicinity!

And i'd just like to say that they are a well deserved recognition of the work you both do! Also, you are both wonderful chaps, thoughtful, patient, intelligent, friendly, and above all, generous!

:lol:;)

How long before the backlash and coins are relegated to www.coinmarking.com where anyone can create their own traveller of dubious design and durability and set it loose?

They couldn't - they charge $1.50 for tracking codes and they specify that it has the text 'trackable on geocaching.com' on it. The worst they could do is to put new coins and stuff elsewhere.

How long before the backlash and coins are relegated to www.coinmarking.com where anyone can create their own traveller of dubious design and durability and set it loose?

They couldn't - they charge $1.50 for tracking codes and they specify that it has the text 'trackable on geocaching.com' on it. The worst they could do is to put new coins and stuff elsewhere.

Their rules, they can break them - seems their philosophy on everything else.

Thinking about it, could some of us mere mortals help by placing the coins in caches throughout the UK? phoenix-rose has been asking for people in in this forum to help in this way and it strikes me as a good idea.

Perhaps we could set up a coin distribution service to get them moving in the wild, or perhaps I should just stop thinking. :)