Megagps.com

rokclimber

just wondering if anyone has purchased from this website? www.megagps.com

search feature down 2nd night in a row for me so i decided to post... thanks for any info

stace

I just placed my order for a Map 60CX from them for $379 on Tue. Never dealt with them before, but I emailed with questions on availability and they responded quickly. Mine is back ordered and their best guess is Garmin will ship units to them in mid-Feb. I figured it was worth taking a chance and waiting as no one else has the new X's anyway. Their return and warranty look good, and you can cancel an order if wanted before the item ships. Good luck.

I placed an order with them last night for a 60CSx. I was a little skepitcal at first but instead of emailing them I called them and talked to their sales dept. They seemed to be on the up and up so I went ahead and placed my order. This is my first dealing with them, hope things work out! :D

just wondering if anyone has purchased from this website? www.megagps.com

search feature down 2nd night in a row for me so i decided to post... thanks for any info

stace

Reseller Ratings.com is a good source to check the reputation of On-line vendors. I couldn't find a listing there for Megagps, even though they claim to have been in business since 1979. That doesn't mean you won't get your product..but it does mean there is no history available as to the current reputation of the vendor. Since I started using the reseeler ratings, I haven't been on the "short end of the stick" once. I have gotten screwed several times by several "fly-by-night" photography outfits....all three of them are listed in Reseller Ratings and needless to say all three have a terrible rating.

You could try resellerratings.com again, maybe I missed it.

Perhaps they've been around for a long time as a physical store and just recently went online, hence the lack of history. They could have a great reputation where they are located though.

Probably so...The parent co is Guaranteed Merchandise Inc. in Utah. Incoporated in March of 1998. They have been listed with the Better Business Bureau since Aug 2005. In that time the BBB had one complaint and the issue was resolved.