Outside Wooden Display Carvings

This 'Category' would be of all kinds of carvings on display even "CIGAR STORE INDIANS" & "TOTEM POLES" along roadways in parks in front of stores, lodges and wherever they may be placed for puplic display.

Some month ago I approached previous 'Locationless Cache' owners that stated they were not interested in listing in 'Waymarking' therefore I am now proposing this category.

aquilamask.jpgspringcoated.jpgcheznous-nativechild.jpgportal-carvfin.jpg

Edited by Jake39

I know of a place where a wood carver has some of his works on display. Every time I go by I notice that what is on display changes depending on what he has carved but not sold yet. Would this count in your category? Or are you only wanting sites with a carving on permanent display? Also, are you including both chainsaw carvings and wood chisel carvings? Also, representative carvings or abstract carvings?

Just a few of the variables you need to consider. :D

If I knew that Yahoo would link to this page I wuld show you the Viking that I wanted to list. He is really cool, complete with fingers and beard...

I even got him "holding" my GPS. I got home and asked my 11 year old if we remembered to get the GPS from the Viking. She looked at me all shocked, "I don't remember!" I knew I did, but I was just messing with her... :D

Some sort of "Scientific classification" like from the dreaded Biology/Zoology class we all took at one point or another (I took both, and also Marine Biology and Botany) would work as a "catagory list".

This 'Category' would be of all kinds of carvings on display even "CIGAR STORE INDIANS" & "TOTEM POLES" along roadways in parks in front of stores, lodges and wherever they may be placed for puplic display.

Some month ago I approached previous 'Locationless Cache' owners that stated they were not interested in listing in 'Waymarking' therefore I am now proposing this category.

I just read this forum message via the Cigar Store forum message. 'Outside Wooden Display Carvings' sounds like a great category but I can't find it in the directory. Were you unable to create the category i.e. are you at your limit?

J.A.R.S.

Were you unable to create the category i.e. are you at your limit?
Yes. ...actually I had proposed a few additional ones much earlier.

They were "Marinas"- "Yacht Clubs" - "Skateboard Rinks" - Ornamental Driveway & Security Gates - Racetracks - Monarchs of the World - Graffiti - Town Clocks - Rail Road Stations (converted) etc. ... some of those have already been taken'

First there were 3 Cats and I gave up a couple, then they allowed us 5 and I relinquished another one to get the one I have on the board now, but not on line yet. So many, so lttle time B)

Were you unable to create the category i.e. are you at your limit?
Yes. ...actually I had proposed a few additional ones much earlier.

They were "Marinas"- "Yacht Clubs" - "Skateboard Rinks" - Ornamental Driveway & Security Gates - Racetracks - Monarchs of the World - Graffiti - Town Clocks - Rail Road Stations (converted) etc. ... some of those have already been taken'

First there were 3 Cats and I gave up a couple, then they allowed us 5 and I relinquished another one to get the one I have on the board now, but not on line yet. So many, so lttle time :laughing:

I really like the idea of an "Outside Wooden Display Carvings" category. I can create one more category. Would you like me to get it going or would you rather wait until the 5 category restriction is increased to 10 and do it yourself?

J.A.R.S.

P.S. Does anyone know when the limit is expected to increase to 10? i.e. does anyone know when the new upgrade is going to be released?

I can create one more category.

Would you like me to get it going - Yes - or would you rather wait until the 5 category restriction is increased to 10 and do it yourself? - No

J.A.R.S.

P.S. Does anyone know when the limit is expected to increase to 10? - No i.e. does anyone know when the new upgrade is going to be released? - No

I'm still waiting for an answer to - Does it include chainsaw carvings?

It would definitely include chainsaw carvings.

Jake39 has graciously accepted my offer to create the category. Jake39 will be an officer and we'll need one more person. I'm going to keep the officer list short (3) in order to get this category up and running ASAP.

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.a...5b-7237c334eada

J.A.R.S.

Edited by J.A.R.S.