Fs: Palm Vx (2) Units

I won an eBay auction for a lot of 3 Palm Vx (8mb) mono units. I'm currently using one for paperless caching -- the ONLY way to go, BTW :D -- and the other two are not getting used at this time.

Both units are used -- but fully functional. They show normal/minimal wear. Screens are not scratched, but there are a few minor scuffs on the back and/or the bottom of the unit around the connector. Both come with a serial synch cradle (however, there is no A/C power cord). I bought mine on eBay for ~$8.

One unit has a balck metal case to protect it while out in the elements. The other unit has the standard leather(?) flip cover. I have close to 300 caches on my unit and haven't even begun to touch the memory!

Buyer's choice for $20 (includes shipping).

Check out my eBay feedback (ID: warthoglvr)

Interested? Contact me at: Gmailicon.jpg

Edited by 6 Feet More

I would be... does it have PC connectability? I don't think that I can buy it yet, but I would like to see about putting it on some kind of layaway. I'm new to GC and I'm young enough to still have to beg by parents to get something. :grin: If you would be willing to hold it for a while, I would probably be able to beg enough!

EDIT: My dad brought up a question that I'm PRETTY sure that I know the answer to, but he wants me to ask anyway...

Is it an EXTENSION for a Palm, or is it a stand-alone unit that you can use with ABSOLUTLEY no other things?

Edited by imfrog2002
I would be...  does it have PC connectability? 

Is it an EXTENSION for a Palm, or is it a stand-alone unit that you can use with ABSOLUTLEY no other things?

I would be... does it have PC connectability?

Yes, it has a serial connector (9-pin). For my Win XP machine I purchased a USB-Serial adapter and connect via USB.

This is an actual Palm unit along with the synch cradle that it came with. As stated in the original post, it needs an A/C cord to charge the unit ( a full charge can last more than a week of normal usage -- even more for paperless caching usage). So far, I don't have any other interested parties . . . but money talks!

Okay, I'll be letting them know, also the A/C cord is NO problem We have about 10 of them around, if it doesn't work, I can find one. Also, a week is perfect for the charge because I go on boy scout camps for weeks at a time, and it would only be on for a little whiole at a time. *starts begging* I'll let you know if they finally give in!

UPDATE: The two Palm Vx units have been sold to members.

However, I alo have a Sony Clie -- monochrome screen, 8mb onbard memory, Palm OS, two Memory sticks (16mb & 8mb), leather case, and screen protector installed. Synch and charge cables included.

Will also sell this unit for $20 (includes shipping to anywhere in the CONUS).

Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by 6 Feet More

I'm still interested, but we can't afford it right now. We're having car trouble and it could cost up to $1000. We could probably get it mid to late February but, like you said, money talks, so... I would be willing to pay $30 if you could hold it until I can get enough from some jobs that my mom wants me to do. It WON'T be longer than the end of February, she finally guaranteed it.

Edited by imfrog2002

It's a Sony PEG-S360. There is minimal wear on the outer casing (cosmetic paint rubbed off one corner). The screen has had a screen protector on it and is in great shape. Battery life is decent. It holds a charge well. I don't use it on a daily basis to be able to give you a more detailed response than that.

Edited by 6 Feet More