Murphy's Law

piscatore

Murphy's Laws for Travel Bugs:

If you head out to a cache in order to pick up a particular bug or coin, by the time you get there it will be gone.

The greater your travelbug's goals, the more likely it will be to (pick one):

- immediately be picked up by a new cacher who will then lose interest for the sport

- get claimed by a child who can't bear to part with it, and whose parents can't bear to spoil their kid's fun by making them put it back

- get placed in a bug hotel with a dozen other bugs that are more visually appealing, thus ending up a virtual wallflower for the next nine months

Feeling guilty attracts police...

Gps signal is inversely proportional to the importance of the cache to you.

Important things are always simple.

Simple things are always hard.

Hard things are always micros.

You find caches in the last place you look...always.

The chances of running into a ''insert dangerous animal name here'' is inversly proportional to said animals population in the area.

Everything always works at home, everything always fails on location.

Permanently archived caches are the ones you REALLY would like to do.

Frank :D

the one time you walk away from the cache without checking you still have your keys and wallet. will be a long hike from the car. and you will not think to check until you get to the car.

then you get that horrible cold feeling when you rapidly run out of pockets to check as you slowly realise that you've not finished walking for the day.

If you plan to go cacheing on a weekend that you have nothing else planed: you will have by the time the weekend gets here.

If you decide that you will not have enough time to go caching this weekend you'll only realize that you actually did have enough time after it's too late.

If you continue on the trail, hoping it will loop around and bring you close to the cache ... it won't. If you leave the trail and bushwhack a quarter mile through rough terrain to the cache, when you get there, you will see the trail 40 feet away.

CharlieP, Yes, Yes, a thousand times! YES

Dang, I could even change my siggy line for that gem :D

the one time you walk away from the cache without checking you still have your keys and wallet. will be a long hike from the car. and you will not think to check until you get to the car.

then you get that horrible cold feeling when you rapidly run out of pockets to check as you slowly realise that you've not finished walking for the day.

Problem solved: Carry your 'clicker' and one key on one key ring, and another key (along with your house/etc. keys) on another. It's almost impossible to get locked out that way. (Plus my wife has keys to my car in her purse.)

Problem solved: Carry your 'clicker' and one key on one key ring, and another key (along with your house/etc. keys) on another. It's almost impossible to get locked out that way. (Plus my wife has keys to my car in her purse.)

And magnetic key holders do have purposes other than geocache containers. :laughing:

And magnetic key holders do have purposes other than geocache containers. :laughing:

a little OT, but only if you enjoy a false sense of security and the subsequent crushing of hopes when you realize--when it's needed--that the magnetic key holder fell off on one of your trips through the car wash or a bouncy off-road jaunt. A spare door key wrapped in plastic and WIRED to the frame of the car or a bolt on the bumper is much more secure--and easily hidden.

a little OT, but only if you enjoy a false sense of security and the subsequent crushing of hopes when you realize--when it's needed--that the magnetic key holder fell off on one of your trips through the car wash or a bouncy off-road jaunt. A spare door key wrapped in plastic and WIRED to the frame of the car or a bolt on the bumper is much more secure--and easily hidden.

Why not attach the keys to the GPS?

Greg

A little research uncovered these gems.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter

Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value

Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics: Things get worse under pressure

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

A falling object will always land where it can do the most damage

the probability of being observed is in direct proportion to the stupidity of ones actions

Junk abhors a vacuum. It will grow to fill available space

If Murphy's law is correct, everything East of the San Andreas Fault will slide into the Atlantic

Behind every little problem there's a larger problem, waiting for the little problem to get out of the way

To know Murphy's Law is to draw its attention

You will rip the logbook ziploc bag the cache after you use your last ziploc bag.

flashlights are for storing dead batteries

the batteries in your GPSr will die approximatley halfway between the cache and the car (where the spare batteries are)

That dog will NOT be on a leash/chain or behind a fence

The muggles will walk by just as you pull the cache out of its hideing spot