Introduction

Team3124

Hi there.

Just thought I would popin and let you all know that there is a newbie on the block.

Name's Sean. Live in Pta North, work in Midrand.

Been browsing the net & the forum for about 2 weeks and believe that this could prove to be the perfect hobby to get the family (wife & 15mnth old son) involved in.

Glad to see that all the activity up here in the north. Seems like there is a lot of intresting places close to my home that I never knew about.

Sean

A BEEEG welcome to Team3124. You're going to love this sport, and you will most certainly get involved with the friendliest bunch of folks in the country.

Extremely glad to see that we have another bunch for the Gauteng clan.

And don't be shy to ask any questions you may have on the forum...occasionally you'll got shot down :D ...just kidding.... you'll find plenty of helping hands to assist you.

WELCOME!

Sell your stuff, resign your job and lets go caching! :D:D:D

Just kidding...invite the manager over for a braai, casually introduce geocaching, and maybe he will ask less "Why are you late (again)?" and more "Did you get FTF? Not? Hahaha, beat you to it".

Edited by TB Hunter
occasionally you'll got shot down  :(

"GOT shot down"!!

I think if you consult a 6 year old child, they will confirm the queen's english dictates that you'll get shot down, as i am doing to you now ;)

Heh heh... you see.... :D

We shall not mention Helga....ahem...Discombob's perfect grammar and spelling on an adjacent thread

Discombob Posted: Jan 9 2006, 06:11 AM

I always thought it was owned by J greengrass, but i guess thats because he logged 3 fings, the fiend

:D:( The Queen is not going to be happy...... ;)

Greetings Team3124,

Welcome to the dysfunctional and happy family that is geocaching. Let us know when you make and log your first find, so that we can add you to the SA Cacher Ranking site. It is just a bit of fun and games to see how bad the KZN people are at caching :) www.geocaching.za.net.

Hope that you enjoy the sport as much as the rest of us do and become active be it in Gauteng or KZN.

Once spend 9 days walking, eating & sleeping in the rain :(

Being rained on has become one of my least fav things to do :unsure:

If this game is as addictive as it seems to be that might change though :D

Ah yes, i'm afraid you are going to have to change your mind on rain. If its a toss up between getting a FTF and double pneumonia, or staying at home in a warm bed, I'm afraid the FTF and pneumonia would win hands down, especially if it means beating Cownchicken to it :(

For an exciting story on a rainy day caching trip, please read my log here

Now just imagine if i had decided to not find that cache because of the rain - I would thus have only 260 finds instead of 261 - a tradegy i could not bear to contemplate ;)

Ok Ok

You all convinced me to stop being such a baby and get out there :antenna:

I'll slip out at lunch and give Cornwall Hill a try :antenna:

Planing to do The Cave & Wonderboom over the weekend.

What would be a good first cache to get the wife hooked :ninja: (+\- 30km radius with PTA as ground zero would be nice

<snip> a tradegy i could not bear to <snip>

Too tempting not to quote…. There's no (6) here. :wub::antenna::wub: I'll stop now... :ninja::antenna:

Back to the thread. This sport is highly addictive. So looking forward to many finds from Team3124, and hopefully after a number of finds we’ll also see you become cache owners in GP.

You’ll find a few interesting caching stories here.

Agree with QFC, A River Runs through it is an extremely worthwhile cache, perhaps not the easiest for a newbie… but should be near the top of your list.

Now stop reading this thread for a few minutes and get out there!

Now, now, Rat and Bob, play nice. Don’t force us young ones intervene…

As for A River Runs through it, so long as they don’t decide to go swimming or become obsessed with the holes in the walk-way all should be fine. :antenna: (We didn’t do either of these….. did we?)