The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

Alrighty, my 6 coins have been spoken for. Thanks everyone! Enjoy.

Got it last night, thanks! I've updated the database as well. 2 of my packages are in transit and 2 have already arrived (even overseas). Thanks again Go Jaybee and Damenace for all the help :)

Got the Maine´s First Cache today. It´s a very nice coin B) , even if it isn´t trackable :) . I love the Fort Williams side :D .

Thanks Andy

Edited by manchanegra

OK, so if I get this right, I have to offer up (6) coins to the wild (cachers or caches, hard to say :unsure: ). That sounds like fun. So, I'm posting here, and you can all correct me if I did it wrong. I have (6) coins to send out.

Geocoinclub February, Geocoinclub March, and ParentsofSAM are activated and ready to be released to the wild. Someone contact me for those three

I have Supercacher Gold, Oakcoins FTF Gold, and Cache the Fever Pewter to send out to three new owners. None of these three are activated. I also signed up at Yahoo, but I'm waiting on the OK from the Mod.

SO, let the emails begin. I guess. :unsure:

So, I'm pretty sure I have the proper replies. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The teams that emailed me in order are:

Team Sidewinder -- (3) activated coins (I think, waiting on a little clarification :unsure: )

6 Feet More -- First choice of spawner coins (Supercacher, FTF, Cache the Fever)

Windrose -- Second choice of spawner coins (Supercacher, FTF, Cache the Fever)

manchanegra -- Third choice of spawner coins (Supercacher, FTF, Cache the Fever)

If Team Sidewinder did indeed want to do my (3) coin release, then you other three need to choose away. If not, I'll update this later. Im on the road today, so be patient :unsure:

So, I'm pretty sure I have the proper replies. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The teams that emailed me in order are:

Team Sidewinder -- (3) activated coins (I think, waiting on a little clarification <_< )

6 Feet More -- First choice of spawner coins (Supercacher, FTF, Cache the Fever)

manchanegra -- Third choice of spawner coins (Supercacher, FTF, Cache the Fever)

If Team Sidewinder did indeed want to do my (3) coin release, then you other three need to choose away. If not, I'll update this later. Im on the road today, so be patient <_<

Ok, so I'm back. I received word from Team Sidewinder they would indeed be willing to place my three travelers. That should be fun.

That leaves three coins (see above) to send out. I need emails from you three for what order you would prefer to receive one of my spawners. I will fulfill the wishes in the order I received the request (same as above). Thanks to everyone who responded.

Now, just how do I get into that database? Anyone??? :wacko:

****edit

Coin 1 (FTF) to 6 Feet More

Coin 2 (Supercacher) to Windrose

Coin 3 ( Cache the Fever) to manchanegra

Thanks!

Edited by The Moop Along

Team Sidewinder -- (3) activated coins (I think, waiting on a little clarification :wacko: )

If Team Sidewinder did indeed want to do my (3) coin release, then you other three need to choose away. If not, I'll update this later. Im on the road today, so be patient <_<

Ok, so I'm back. I received word from Team Sidewinder they would indeed be willing to place my three travelers. That should be fun.

That leaves three coins (see above) to send out. I need emails from you three for what order you would prefer to receive one of my spawners. I will fulfill the wishes in the order I received the request (same as above). Thanks to everyone who responded.

Now, just how do I get into that database? Anyone??? <_<

****edit

Coin 1 (FTF) to 6 Feet More

Coin 2 (Supercacher) to Windrose

Coin 3 ( Cache the Fever) to manchanegra

Thanks!

When you get to the Discussion Group Home page....you will see the link to the DataBase at the left of the screen. Then you will see the name of th Database....click on that....add a record...its really easier than you might think.

JayBee

This is a cool idea and I love to move coins. I have only placed one so far.

Do you have your 100 people yet?

Please let me know. I do have six coins in hand with more to come.

Thanks, Nooks

PS. I've been caching for a month, but please don't hold that against me!

Edited by nooks
With all the generosity from the secret santa missions, I think its time to bump this thread back up there.... maybe we can get to that 100 participants soon?

The "Grand Experiment" has been ongoing for over a year now. Many of the GE coins sent out are still travelling...especially the ones sent overseas. We in the USA should learn something from this. We still need to get our DataBase entries in...gotta start thinking about a design for the "GE" coin soon.

See the link in my sig line...hope to get some new members soon...considering bumping the qualifying participants up if it works out.

With all the generosity from the secret santa missions, I think its time to bump this thread back up there.... maybe we can get to that 100 participants soon?

The "Grand Experiment" has been ongoing for over a year now. Many of the GE coins sent out are still travelling...especially the ones sent overseas. We in the USA should learn something from this. We still need to get our DataBase entries in...gotta start thinking about a design for the "GE" coin soon.

See the link in my sig line...hope to get some new members soon...considering bumping the qualifying participants up if it works out.

Where and how do I sign up to receive the 3 or be one of the emailers?

Where and how do I sign up to receive the 3 or be one of the emailers?

See the link at the bottom of this post...

All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, huh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

Its time for me to send out some more coins...

The first three coins will be activated and owned by me.

The second batch of three may or may not be trackable and will be random coins of my choice.

If you want to be the person to receive and place three coins or one of the three people to receive random coins, send me an e-mail through my profile.

Here is the Yahoo Group if you wish to join this great project.

All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, huh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

Its time for me to send out some more coins...

The first three coins will be activated and owned by me.

The second batch of three may or may not be trackable and will be random coins of my choice.

If you want to be the person to receive and place three coins or one of the three people to receive random coins, send me an e-mail through my profile.

Here is the Yahoo Group if you wish to join this great project.

email sent, we would love to play!

OK, I think we (more or less) have a handle on this. Been to the yahoo group site, signed up and are good to go. Soooo, I need someone to place 3 activated coins for us, they will be-

9/07 geoswag Remember

8/07 geoswag School Bus

7/07 geoswag Celebrate Summer

Then we need 3 people to be the receipients of (1 each, unactivated) giveaway coins, you are not supposed to already own this coin. They will be-

1st-2007 Evil Micro

2nd- 2006 Canals of Indiana

3rd- Moun10Like

Let the emails begin.....

Lets see.... I have a placer for my 3 activated coins, Thanks 6 feet more!

I will be sending an unactivated to fossillady and surteb. I'm waiting for an address on the other.

I can be either a placer or receipiant for anyone that wants to play!!

All 6 coins are now spoken for! Toojin & Bart get the last coin. Thanks much everyone.

I will be sending an unactivated to fossillady and surteb. I'm waiting for an address on the other.

All 6 coins are now spoken for! Toojin & Bart get the last coin. Thanks much everyone.

All 6 coins went out in the mail today....I'm still available to place or receive!!

This looks like a very interesting project. Let me see if I have my facts straight on the concept?

Person A has 6 coins to go out?

Person A sends 3 coins (activated) to Person B to be placed into caches?

Person A sends out 3 more coins, 1(unactiveated) to person C, 1 (unactivated) to person D, and 1(unactivated) to person E. (These are the first 3 that email person A)

Person B places those 3 coins in cache(s).

Person C can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person C places coin in a cache.

Person D can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person D places coin in a cache.

Person E can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person E places coin in a cache.

Tasks are completed?

Do I have it right or can someone clarify it for me?

This looks like a very interesting project. Let me see if I have my facts straight on the concept?

Person A has 6 coins to go out?

Person A sends 3 coins (activated) to Person B to be placed into caches?

Person A sends out 3 more coins, 1(unactiveated) to person C, 1 (unactivated) to person D, and 1(unactivated) to person E. (These are the first 3 that email person A)

Person B places those 3 coins in cache(s).

Person C can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person C places coin in a cache.

Person D can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person D places coin in a cache.

Person E can choose to keep the coin or replace it with another to be put into a cache. Person E places coin in a cache.

Tasks are completed?

Do I have it right or can someone clarify it for me?

You got it! Hope you can join us!!!!

Greetings Fellow Experimenters !!

My e-mail crashed and I have lost the addresses of the three people to whomt I am supposed to send individual coins.

I mailed the three travelers to Italy but the three who will receive gifts have been lost. I am pretty sure usyoopers is one, but I really really can't remember the other two.

So, whoever volunteered, could you please e-mail me and send me your address again.

Pretty please.

Great! Very cool concept. I am new to geocoin collecting, I don't quite have 6 coins to distribute but I would be glad to be a C,D, or E person.

I'm still willing to be a c,d, or e person if anyone has 6 coins to release? I have a coin I would release if I didn't want to put out the one I received.

Well, I haven't been able to join the project...YET... however, I did, via the Pengos, send out my first gift. I hope it's the first of many, many to pay forward the kindness that others have shown me here :)

I gotta say, as much as I wanted the coin I won, it felt danged good to send it on! <_<

I know how ya feel. It's a good feeling to do a pay it forward that way! :antenna:

I have one more coin to give away. Its the GeoCoinClub April 2006 coin called Spring Stained Glass

april2006_1.jpg

Its an unactivated coin which you can activate, keep, send traveling or put in a cache as a prize. Your choice.

Please send me an e-mail through my profile with your name and address. First responder gets the coin.

Peace out...

Edited to say that I have received responses. Thank you for your help folks !!

Edited by Toojin & Bart

I have one more coin to give away. Its the GeoCoinClub April 2006 coin called Spring Stained Glass

april2006_1.jpg

Its an unactivated coin which you can activate, keep, send traveling or put in a cache as a prize. Your choice.

Please send me an e-mail through my profile with your name and address. First responder gets the coin.

Peace out...

E-mail sent.

All 6 coins went out in the mail today....I'm still available to place or receive!!

If anyone does get this going again I am still available to place or receive....never did get to do either. :D

If anyone does get this going again I am still available to place or receive....never did get to do either. ;)

PM me your snailmail and you'll be my official placer :unsure: 3 trackable coins on the way!

If anyone does get this going again I am still available to place or receive....never did get to do either. ;)

PM me your snailmail and you'll be my official placer :unsure: 3 trackable coins on the way!

Thanks fox-and-the-hound!! Sent ya a message, we will be happy to do the deed for you.

Thanks fox-and-the-hound!! Sent ya a message, we will be happy to do the deed for you.

Putting it together tonight :yikes:

p.s. Thanks JayBee!

If anyone does get this going again I am still available to place or receive....never did get to do either. :rolleyes:

PM me your snailmail and you'll be my official placer :D 3 trackable coins on the way!

Putting it together tonight :D

p.s. Thanks JayBee!

Got the 3 coins form fox-and-the-hound today, will get those placed soon! If others want to join this game I can still be a receiver (makes me sound like a football player :D )