The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

OK, we are going to try this.

I am sending 3 activated coins to SUp3rFM & Cruella in Portugal

1 World Travel Coin

2 Team Thorny Black Nickel

3 Team Pez

I need 3 cachers to contact me to send my spawners to.

1 06 Mississippi

2 Fox and Hound

3 Team Thorny Gold

Thanks in advance

The Moops

the 3 spawner coins are sent to people unactivated in hope they will activate them and send them traveling and maybe they will like the idea and possibly then buy a coin of there own to set free in a cache. Its all about gettting coins out there and encouraging others to do the same.

hope i have explained myself ok but i know what i mean :laughing: it really is good fun.

how about i send you an activated coin and one not activated for you to release seeing as your just getting into this?

Contact me via my email in my profile if you want to

scaw,

Thanks for helping out with rural_cdn.....you have much more patience than I do.

rural_cdn,

...please accept my apology for being so short. If you look at the very first post of this thread, you will understand the objective to the Grand Experiment. The guidelines are fairly flexible...but as scaw has explained: the idea is to encourage others to get coins traveling.

You are very welcome to join our group...just click on the link near my signature, below.

JayBee

rural_cdn,

...please accept my apology for being so short. If you look at the very first post of this thread, you will understand the objective to the Grand Experiment. The guidelines are fairly flexible...but as scaw has explained: the idea is to encourage others to get coins traveling.

You know the Internet, everything is taken out of context. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, I just really didn't understand. I have the Homer Simpson gene.

Anyway, scaw is kindly sending me two coins. I can't wait to place them in caches, I better go start planning where. :laughing:

rural_cdn,

You know the Internet, everything is taken out of context. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, I just really didn't understand. I have the Homer Simpson gene.

Anyway, scaw is kindly sending me two coins. I can't wait to place them in caches, I better go start planning where. :anibad:

So, join our group...get into the database...there is something very special in the works.

JayBee

Have not posted in awhile, but have sent activated coins to folks in Germany, The Netherlands, and US for launch in the last few months. I think I have 38 travelling coins at the moment (maybe more). Only 1 official loss so far :(

Glad to see the high percentage of sucess, AG. I too have noticed that the coins I have outside the US are actually moving around quite well. I even have some non-trackable coins which are being passed around.

I am fortunate to have received 10 coins from PRNTR1 to launch into caches to allow more individuals to see, log and pass on the coins and hopefully develop a love for them. I have also been looking into getting some coins to do the same. For anyone in the Minnesota area reading this they are being set free within 50 miles of redwing, Mn. Sorry but that is where I live and do most of my travels there.

Mine outside of the US coins have moved much better than the inside of the US ones.

I may just have to send all my travellers overseas.

I agree...I'll bet that I get at least 1 notification per day just from the Coins I'm watching, that they have been logged and moved. Most of those are in countries outside the US.

I recently got a very nice email from a cacher in the Netherlands complementing my "non-trackable" Go-mad-Cow coins and asking if it was ok to keep one of the set. I replied by asking them to continue moving the set intact, and also informed them that I would send them a set for themselves. They were very pleased and happy to move the coin set along.

I just checked....we are up to 92 members in the Geocoin GiveAway Project. And, 67 records in our Database, at 6 coins per record....thats up to 402 coins circulated. WOW!

We DO need more members to attain our goal of 100 unique coin distributions (multiples by the same member do not count) and be able to start work on the "Members Only" Commemorative Reward Coin.

Edited by Go JayBee

I'm willing to participate, and I am offering up 2005 Washington state coins, the ones featuring the 25th anniversary of Mt St Helens.

I plan to send the 3 WA coins overseas.....but which country, hmmm. Private contacts with promises of cache placements welcome.

As for the 3 individual handouts, I do not have a list of WA coin owners, so i'm going with the honor system - let some newer cachers have a shot at these, folks. First 3 emails meeting the rules Go JayBee outlined will get 'em.

Abby

"The Grand Experiment - Free Geocoin"

Hey, I'm not sure what I am doing here, but I was intrigued by the geocoin experiemnt idea. I am fairly new to geocaching, and especially the idea of geocoins, but I would love to participate. Let me know what to do to play, Thanks

Edited by rodney.buck

I will be getting my personal coins in by the end of this week then I will be ready to play, I signed up a while back but never sent my coins out. I need 6 coins to join correct? I have to release 3 then mail 3 to be released right? I guess I could just read the OP but its late and I'm far to lazy for that....

I will be getting my personal coins in by the end of this week then I will be ready to play, I signed up a while back but never sent my coins out. I need 6 coins to join correct? I have to release 3 then mail 3 to be released right? I guess I could just read the OP but its late and I'm far to lazy for that....

Something like that but i think it´s more like this:

You must have 6 coins.

You send 3 coins to somenone to place in caches. This are your´s, activated by you.

The other 3 you will give to the first 3 cachers that send you and email. Didn´t figer it out if this ones are yours or will be owned by the cacher who will receive them, but, i think that the will go to someone (that´s what give means, right :( ).

Here´s the original post:

Came up with this idea tonight..........

I know its not new...LFD (Lemon Fresh Dog) and others have eluded to it. All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, hugh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

So, I'll start off by offering my JayBee/LitLens Glowing Coin & The Go-mad-Cow Set....I've already made arrangements to send off the 3 coins of each for caches.

So, now is the time for the 3 requests....I will qualify the winners by time-stamps of their emails. The "subject" must include: "The Grand Experiment - Free Geocoin". That's it...simple as that.

Maybe we could even have a commemorative Coin made for the qualifying participants...DaMenace....you up for this? Something with "I Helped GeoCoins Survive 2006"? Limited Edition for the 1st 300?

Let's all try to get back to our "roots"....remember the "old days" when you used to "find" Geocoins in caches? Just say "no" to that "E-place".

Regards

Alberto aka manchanegra

Alberto,

Thanks for the post. I do want to clarify something though. The Award Coin will be limited to the 1st 100 "unique" entries into our Database. In other words, even though some have sent out more than 1 set of coins, they will only get one Award Coin. that was set early on in the Yahoo Discussion. We don't even have a design for it yet. I don't want to discourage you though...we'll meet our goal eventually.

JayBee

I haven't forgotten about my commitments to the group. I regrettably joined just before a period in my life that was not optimal for buying coins but I'm almost past that. I hope that in the next month I will be able to send my coins out. I have received a couple emails from people concerned I was just a hoarder looking for free stuff but I promise that isn't true. Just look at my profile, love finding coins much more than owning them. I will send a message through the group when I get my coins ordered.

Z

somebody please remind me exactly what it takes to participate.

I have a crap load of indiana micro coins left and want to let some go

bbf,

Go to our Yahoo Group and click on the link named: "Home". That will take you to the group's description and the "GeoCoin GiveAway Guidelines. It very easy to find, and should answer your questions.

Ok, read the guidelines about a dozen times and I think I have it down now. 6 go out 1 comes in. Whatever, as long as some more coins go into caches :antenna: I have a few ready and a few coming in the mail this week so what's the first step? Do I list here or at the group site? I have to run, but I'll check back in a bit, thanks - Hound

Sounds like you are trying to "read" too much into the GuideLines :antenna: ...it is pretty straight forward. To answer your question...there is a link on our group page labeled: "Database"...go there and add a record. If you know what coin you are sending but do not know who it will be sent to yet...just fill it in as "pending" for now and modify your entry later.

BTW: I don't see you on our members list under your cacher name...if you have already joined...welcome. You will have to be a Member in order to post on the Database though.

Okay, I'm in. It's time to give back to the community that was so generous with me. I am sending out my 3 travelers (GA Stone Mtn., Super Cacher, Midwest Geobash) to Clearwater Rob.

I am offering the following 3 spawner coins to the first 3 Gxers to email me:

1) Tools of the Trade claimed by fox-and-the-hound

2) Caching with Kids - claimed by Windrose

3) Maine's First Cache - claimed by manchanegra (Portugal)

Edited by 6 Feet More
Ok, read the guidelines about a dozen times and I think I have it down now. 6 go out 1 comes in. Whatever, as long as some more coins go into caches :antenna: I have a few ready and a few coming in the mail this week so what's the first step? Do I list here or at the group site? I have to run, but I'll check back in a bit, thanks - Hound

Sounds like you are trying to "read" too much into the GuideLines :antenna: ...it is pretty straight forward. To answer your question...there is a link on our group page labeled: "Database"...go there and add a record. If you know what coin you are sending but do not know who it will be sent to yet...just fill it in as "pending" for now and modify your entry later.

BTW: I don't see you on our members list under your cacher name...if you have already joined...welcome. You will have to be a Member in order to post on the Database though.

Ok, built a new profile and sent a join request, thanks :antenna:

Hi JayBee, I am looking at sending out another set of coins but for some reason I can not get in to any of the members only catagories? It has been a while since I last logged in, is that the reason? Thanks for the help.

Not sure just why you are not able to login...do you have your caplocks on? You do know that pwds are case-sensitive, right?

Okay, I'm in. It's time to give back to the community that was so generous with me. I am sending out my 3 travelers (GA Stone Mtn., Super Cacher, Midwest Geobash) to Clearwater Rob.

1) Tools of the Trade

3) Maine's First Cache

Very cool....I beleive you are the 98th member of our group now....I have not seen your request to join though, did Damenace approve you?

1) Tools of the Trade

3) Maine's First Cache

Very cool....I beleive you are the 98th member of our group now....I have not seen your request to join though, did Damenace approve you?

I have seen no request for this name. 6 Feet More, are you using the same screen name for the Yahoo Group? We just want to make sure that you get credit for your efforts. I see "6 Feet More" listed in the database , but no where to be found on the "members list"

Edited by Damenace

1) Tools of the Trade

3) Maine's First Cache

I have seen no request for this name. 6 Feet More, are you using the same screen name for the Yahoo Group? We just want to make sure that you get credit for your efforts. I see "6 Feet More" listed in the database , but no where to be found on the "members list"

Ooops, sorry, guys! My member name in the Yahoo groups is "malibumace". Hope that clears things up.

Edited by 6 Feet More

1) Tools of the Trade

3) Maine's First Cache

Ooops, sorry, guys! My member name in the Yahoo groups is "malibumace". Hope that clears things up.

Not a problem, thank you for the clarification.

Ok, I'm in (I think). Got the invitation to join and joined. Posted a note, but it didn't show up so I'm not sure if I'm doing that right (never posted in a yahoo group before). My member name is hound_from_foxandthehound for clarification. I have a question though. Do the receivers of the coins need to be part of the group? If yes, how do I get a list of mailing info?

Ok, I'm in (I think). Got the invitation to join and joined. Posted a note, but it didn't show up so I'm not sure if I'm doing that right (never posted in a yahoo group before). My member name is hound_from_foxandthehound for clarification. I have a question though. Do the receivers of the coins need to be part of the group? If yes, how do I get a list of mailing info?

I've noticed that the Yahoo messages are not updated as quickly as they are here. I will setup your account to get "daily" digests.

The recipients of the coins do not have to be members of the group. But the hope is that by accepting the coins they will be made aware of the Project and be interested in participating. I've had very good luck with the coins sent to Europe (even non-trackable ones) so far.

I've noticed that the Yahoo messages are not updated as quickly as they are here. I will setup your account to get "daily" digests.

The recipients of the coins do not have to be members of the group. But the hope is that by accepting the coins they will be made aware of the Project and be interested in participating. I've had very good luck with the coins sent to Europe (even non-trackable ones) so far.

Ok, thanks. I have one volunteer for a spawner so far...