The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

Erik

I would be glad to take either coin and get my 6 ready to go out.

I'll mark you down for one of the singles.

I can take your 3 for putting in caches. What 3 do you have? I'd like to do something besides the USA coins since I have easy access to those. :)

I am planning to send out a: screw, frozen bone & 1 non-trackable (either Maine 2005 or GAA - hope to get a TB to attach to it). Please email me your address, Erik!

For my three individual spawner coins, I have Evil Chicken geocoins to offer (as soon as they come in). Anyone interested in taking an individual coin that hasn't already ordered one, please email me!

Thanks!

Linda <- Mother Hen of Evil Chicken

Update: 1 EC coin down, 2 to go!

E-mail sent Evil Chicken:

I have to check my e-mails to remember who I have coins to send to and who will be sending me coins. I'll post them here later this evening for verification.

Thanks

Eric K

Update: 1 EC coin down, 2 to go!

E-mail sent Evil Chicken:

I have to check my e-mails to remember who I have coins to send to and who will be sending me coins. I'll post them here later this evening for verification.

Thanks

Eric K

Erik,

You need to go to our Yahoo Group...then add a record to the Database. Once you see it...it will be self-explanatory.

What do I need to do, honestly, new to this.

I need someone to send my 6th coin to. I can send it to you and you can do what you want. In return send 3 ACTIVATED coins to one person, send 3 more coins, unactivated, to 3 separate people (like I will do to you, if you want).

The whole thing costs you a minimum of 5 coins, maybe 6, of which three can be registered under you.

PaHawkeye

Edited by PaHawkeye

posted this on the yahoo site also..

the rest of my part two coins will be going to the 234th airborne over seas in the mideast. i have spoken with 3 war vet and he will place these coins to get them moving. he asked for items from texas and i have no texas coins. if anyone has a texas coin to trade let me know i have coins coming in that i am willing to trade. if anyone has wooden nickels from texas or other sig items i would be willing to purchase some of these to send. let me know please.

do i need to take out the line about purchasing from people? mods if so please let me know and i will.

qattales

Edited by qattales

the rest of my part two coins will be going to the 234th airborne over seas in the mideast. i have spoken with 3 war vet and he will place these coins to get them moving. he asked for items from texas and i have no texas coins. if anyone has a texas coin to trade let me know i have coins coming in that i am willing to trade. if anyone has wooden nickels from texas or other sig items i would be willing to purchase some of these to send. let me know please.

do i need to take out the line about purchasing from people? mods if so please let me know and i will.

qattales

Wish I had some TX Coins...I'd sure help you out...those went a long time ago (in Geocoin History, of course)....

qattales

I have a 2005 Texas Hiker coin that has been sitting in my trade box for months. I'd be willing to donate it to the cause. Let me know!

Cool - 3 War Vet (he's in Afghanistan) has 1 coin coming from me - California Big Bear and 1 from Damenace - Nelson Geocaching around the world (to put in caches), and a little gift (maine) coin for him too. I looked all over to see if I had an extra Texas, and didn't. This is awesome - I think I counted a total of 14 caches there - that makes the cache run numbers about 50%?

If anyone wants a contact in IRAQ, Let me know - I have one there too who will distribute to caches.

Hmm. I'm about to send some stuff off at sTeamTraen in France anyway. I could slip in three coins for my 1st half. Then I need to send off 3 individual coins for the second half, yes?

I have a lot of coins out in caches (two Gypsy coins have made it to Hawaii - wish I was there too!). I love the thrill of passing along coins & TBs that are actually in the wild. So I'm game to try the great experiment.

My 3 single coins have been sent out today.

Keila-Finland Geocoin

Evil Chicken-German Geocoin

Qattles-Finlad Geocoin

My 3 coins to be placed in caches will be mailed Saturday to Barontoo in Belgium.

Qattles-Recieved the Aerohound coin today. Thank you, that is a very nice looking coin!

Cool - 3 War Vet (he's in Afghanistan) has 1 coin coming from me - California Big Bear and 1 from Damenace - Nelson Geocaching around the world (to put in caches), and a little gift (maine) coin for him too.  I looked all over to see if I had an extra Texas, and didn't.  This is awesome - I think I counted a total of 14 caches there - that makes the cache run numbers about 50%?

If anyone wants a contact in IRAQ, Let me know - I have one there too who will distribute to caches.

I would like to send a coin to IRAQ and also a couple to AFAGHANISTAN (in honour of some Canadian soldiers and a diplomate that were recently killed and injured there trying to help re-build the country). Maybe also as good luck for the one that looks like he won't make it.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

i can help you with the ones for afghanistan. phoenix rose has a contact for iraq. i have a little time i am waiting for travel bugs and two coins from team lightening bugs and kayakerinme who have given texas coins. so if you want to include your coins that is great. let me know

debra

Edited by qattales
i can help you with the ones for afghanistan. phoenix rose has a contact for iraq. i have a little time i am waiting for travel bugs and two coins from team lightening bugs and kayakerinme who have given texas coins. so if you want to include your coins that is great. let me know

debra

Cool! Please PM me your postal address and they are on the way!

Just wanted to give everyone here an "atta-boy"...you've been doing a tremendous job with the Grand Experiment...I hesitate to give thanks to folks by name in fear that I will leave someone out...this thing is going at break-neck speed....wev'e got 53 members at this time...and 37 entries in our Database.

Do you see what we have done? There have been many threads created since ours which are promoting coins which are meant to be "cached" only...and other interesting methods of ensuring that their coins will be not ONLY for collectors. I think this is GREAT!

I've also gotten a request to give Global Recognition by usageocoins.com....big stuff there.

Again...I want to thank ALL who have contributed so far...keep up the good work...and pass the word along....let's get back to our roots.

Agreed Hobbycache.

I was shocked when I had a cacher this last week put one of my coins (which just barely started) in a 5/5 cache called Amadeus.

I thought Oh MY GOSH it's never gonna move... Oh well, and kind of wrote it off. Less than 2 days later, the puzzle was solved, the cache found (the warning says DO NOT GO ALONE) and my little coin (Back Brake Billy) is moving along again.

How cool is that?!? :D

RE the contact in Iraq, I had one, but he's headed home in 2 weeks. Not enough time to get him coins for caches - since the mail is slow. I'll keep working on it.

~Rose

Part 1 and 2 are completed. ;-)

Part 1 (3 Pack)

3 JeeperMTJ coins to "6 feet more" from Florida (shipped)

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=223436

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=215753

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=231873

Part 2 (Spawner)

1 JeeperMTJ coin RebelJedi (Georgia) - shipped

1 JeeperMTJ coin Pathfinder (Washington) - ships next week

1 JeeperMTJ coin HobbyCacheGirl (Utah) - ships next week

Thanks everybody for taking part!

Martin aka JeeperMTJ

I was shocked when I had a cacher this last week put one of my coins (which just barely started) in a 5/5 cache called Amadeus.

I thought Oh MY GOSH it's never gonna move... Oh well, and kind of wrote it off. Less than 2 days later, the puzzle was solved, the cache found (the warning says DO NOT GO ALONE) and my little coin (Back Brake Billy) is moving along again.

How cool is that?!? :D

It's very cool Rose, especially the coin! I was so pleased to be first to find the 5/5 cache (along with two other cachers), and extra pleased to be able to see a Back Brake Billy Geocoin. I didn't realise it was part of the experiment until you emailed me earlier.

Excellent! Thanks!

For those of you that have already placed your coins in caches, besides mentioning on the coin page they are not meant to be kept, what have you done to make sure they continue to travel?

Do you damage them first or leave them pristine?

Do you use any specific instructions attached?

Do you place them in snap cases, ziplock baggies, etc?

Thanks

On a seperate note I think it would be nice to have listed somewhere all the coins in this project that have been put in caches.

Edited by Eric K
For those of you that have already placed your coins in caches, besides mentioning on the coin page they are not meant to be kept, what have you done to make sure they continue to travel?

Do you damage them first or leave them pristine?

Do you use any specific instructions attached?

Do you place them in snap cases, ziplock baggies, etc?

Thanks

On a seperate note I think it would be nice to have listed somewhere all the coins in this project that have been put in caches.

Hi Erik,

I left mine pristine, but they're in a plastic case. They all have bright green labels on them that say DO NOT KEEP- TRAVEL COIN!! LOG ME!

On a side note, I did a rough count, and we're looking at about 240 coins that have either been given away or placed in caches!

Thought that you'd like to know!

~Rose

ed to add color

Edited by phoenix-rose
I will have the following coins coming into my hands soon so feel free to let me know if you might be interested.

Trackable-not activated yet

Finland

Oklahoma

USA 2006 Geocoin

Nontrackable

SCGA South Carolina Coin

I would be interested in the Oklahoma coin if it is still available. Will email address.

Looking for someone to release my 3 coins for part one.

Georgia Stone Mt.

USA 05

European Union

Also looking for 3 someones to give my spawner coins to for part 2.

(In keeping with the spirit of the experiment to spread the coins

around - I'd like to choose someone who hasn't already received

several spawner coins.)

spawners - 3 Windrose coins

Windrose

Evil Chicken:

Received your three coins for caches. Now, if the weather ever warms up here in the Midwest/Northeast.......

Actually I have several road trips coming up in February and March so hope to spread them around.

Edited by Eric K

Part #1 - 3 "Cache" Coins:

Go JayBee's Grand Experiment - ^V^ Iowa '05

Go JayBee's Grand Experiment - ^V^ Kansas '06

Go JayBee's Grand Experiment - ^V^ New York '05

Part #2 - 3 "Spawner" Coins:

Available

Maine 2005

Milestone: 500 Caches Found (Engraved with our 500th Cache info... don't order two, it makes no sense!)

Spoken For

geoholic28: GeoCoin Addicts Anonymous

Edited by FlyinV