The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

First, can I just say I’m definitely learning my geography much better in the last 3 weeks! Secondly, Thanks for all those that want to distribute....

Now, the Latest additions (whom I haven’t seen reply they’ve got coins headed their way) sorted by country:

Deuil&Data Germany

sTeamTraen France

phamtom Quebec (French Speaking) Canada

Firth of Forth Scotland part of UK

Nellies Knackers UK

Phillimore Clan Oxfordshire UK area

Gralorn Wiltshire UK

Sensei TSKC Buckinghamshire UK

The Royles South Wales UK

Bilskirnir Yorkshire/North Lincs UK

Paul & Ros UK

HazelS UK

Team Maddie UK UK

svekke Stockholm Sweden

KiwiLegend New Zealand

ssarc New Zealand

phoenix-roseUtah (western) United States

DamenaceUtah (western) United States

ParentsofSAM Georgia (south Eastern) United States

warthog South Africa

geocacher_coza South Africa

From before (feel free to contact these guys – I haven’t done so and they said they wanted coins to distribute…)

geopeitur301 - will distribute to Estonia (there are few caches and no geocoins there - great place to send a few!)

West468 - will distribute to Münster, Germany area

hikerbiker - will distribute to Finland

Team Firefox - will distribute to Finland

MAntunes - will distribute to Lisbon Portugal area (you may want to PM him - our email keeps filtering both my email and his responses for some reason)

Pablo Davalos - will put them in Mexico

Hi Erik,

You can do either. Some of us found it easier to contact the people from the forum whom already said they would be willing to send the coins to caches because we wanted them to go to a specific area.

Others of us wanted to be contacted because we didn't have a list running (the list I posted at the top was just a collection of people from in the forum and my email that I didn't ship to) and had posted to other boards that we were looking for someone in area x or y or whatever.

Which ever is the most convienient for you is the best.

Also, when you go to distribute, don't forget to post what you've shipped where to the yahoo groups at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeocoinGiveaway/

So that you can qualify for the special "coin".

In the meantime, welcome, and thanks for helping out our efforts!

Rose

Hi Erik,

You can do either. Some of us found it easier to contact the people from the forum whom already said they would be willing to send the coins to caches because we wanted them to go to a specific area.

Others of us wanted to be contacted because we didn't have a list running (the list I posted at the top was just a collection of people from in the forum and my email that I didn't ship to) and had posted to other boards that we were looking for someone in area x or y or whatever.

Which ever is the most convienient for you is the best.

Also, when you go to distribute, don't forget to post what you've shipped where to the yahoo groups at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeocoinGiveaway/

So that you can qualify for the special "coin".

In the meantime, welcome, and thanks for helping out our efforts!

Rose

So I can wait for people to contact me. The first person I send 3 coins to for them to put in caches and the next 3 people to contact me I send one coin to each for them to do what they wish correct?

So then I would also recieve 3 coins from one person to put in caches and then 1 coin each from 3 other people?

I know this isn't as confusing as it sounds. :drama:

Ok Instructions Simplified:

Keep in mind that the basic premise is to get coins "into the wild".....

In order to qualify for the Special Group Coin purchase, you must complete both parts of the GeoCoin GiveAway...only do 1 part?...no coin...

The 6 coins involved, do not have to be identical... You may enter as many times as you wish, but only get 1 "special participation" coin regardless of how many coins you send out/enter into the process.

Part 1. Coin owner sends Person A 3 ACTIVATED (if trackable) coins to be distributed in caches.

NOTE: Accepting the 3 "cache" coins does NOT qualify you in any way...the "Coin Owner" is the only one able to claim that as Part #1.

Part 2. Coin Owner sends persons B, C, and D "incentive" coins - 1 each (NOT ACTIVATED if trackable). These coins are for them to keep or to register and/or put into a cache. These are sent in hopes that they will then do Part 1 themselves and keep the Experiment going.

As far as the accepting the coins. If you want an incentive coin, that's fine. For each insentive coin, you would need to distribute 3 more Activated coins to caches and then 3 more incentive to keep the system going.

Basically, you are sending out 6 and getting 1 in return.

Does this help?

~Rose

(edit to clarify the not activated part)

Edited by phoenix-rose

I have been watching this thread for a while. I think it's great that you are trying to get coins back into caches. I remember the only coin I found in the wild. I was visiting my daughter in MI and it was her first cache. I called my husband in MD who wanted to see it but as it's mission was to visit MI caches, he wasn't able to. My poor daughter couldn't understand the exitement. After 8 months of caching, she does though.

All that being said, I do not have any coins that I can put out. I put out most of the Md coins I bought and they have since been taken. One did get around for awhile though! Four were bought for collects and one was taken from a cache within hours of placement. At this time, I can not afford to purchase anymore coins. However, if anyone would like coins released in SOUTHERN MARYLAND, I would be happy to place them.

Terri

I am willing to accept a coin. But I only have a few USA ones I can send back.

I am still available to receive a coin.

On another note I tried the link from my profile page that said 'See Forum Posts For This User' and it did not work. Does this happen for everyone? I know I could not use the forums for 24 hours after opening my account do I have want a certain amount of time before I can search or do I pay for that?

OK I am jumping in on this experiment. I have 6 coins ready to go. Would be interested in receiving any coin in NW Kansas. So do I need to find someone first to send my three or do I wait for someone to offer a coin that I do not have. Signed up for the yahoo group but have not had time to read all the messages or all this post yet.

Have 3 to send out to go into caches and 3 to give-away - you can choose which ones.

3 KSWader Personal unactivated,

Indiana Crossroads of America - sending to 6 Feet More

PDXMarathonman

2Bugs.org - 1st Version

Edited by KSWader

Thanks, guys and gals, for jump-starting my forray into geocoins. After bagging our 100th find today, the boys and I bought a couple of Ammo cans from the Army/Navy surplus and got a hold of a few micro and nano containers as well. We've seen some pretty good hides in our area and are looking forward to placing our own. Of course, now that our hides will include some geocoins -- something I have yet to see in any cache in our area -- we might just create a stir among the locals!

Kudos to whoever thought of this great idea. I'm still living for the day when I find a geocoin placed "in the wild."

Edited by 6 Feet More

Hi guys!

I just wanted to note that the experiment is working - One of our locals here found a coin in a cache earlier this morning - then came to a little party we were having for him when he found his 100th find.

He was soo happy - came up to me and said.. You wanna trade this for something (knowing I'm a collector)? I asked how he got it and when he told me I explained about the experiment. He said that in 1000 finds, it was the first coin ever. He gave me the coin so I could put a label on it (he's now logged it too!) and then get it on it's way.

I currently have the coin (will label it as a travelling geocoin) but in the meantime, I thought the little detail above was great - and especially think it's cool to know it's working.

Thanks to all the folks participating! I can't wait until my day to find one "IN" a cache.

~Rose

Finally I read through the whole thread (took a while) and I guess I figured it out. Supcription to the yahoo! group is on its' way.

I will participate with my own personal geocoins (see my gc.com profile for infos).

Pls. send me an email if you interested

Part 1: 3 coins package (place in cache)

- 6 Feet More from Seminole, FL

Part 2: 3 coins give away (place in cache or keep)

- ???

- ???

- ???

I am also happy to distribute coins in Germany (greater Frankfurt area)

BTW: Great idea

JeeperMTJ

EDIT: First 3 coins are activated and ready to roll ;-)

I included "Grand Experiment #1-3" in the geocoin name

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=223436

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=215753

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=231873

Edited by JeeperMTJ
I need help getting rid of the last two coins. My 3-coin set is on its way to Kansas, and my Maine coin is on its way to Florida... so if you want either a texasgeocaching.com Texas Hiker or a Ladycacher personal coin or a Maine coin, let me know.

Thanks, kayakerinme

I could use one for part II

Erik

I would be glad to take either coin and get my 6 ready to go out.

I'll mark you down for one of the singles.

I can take your 3 for putting in caches. What 3 do you have? I'd like to do something besides the USA coins since I have easy access to those. :)

I am planning to send out a: screw, frozen bone & 1 non-trackable (either Maine 2005 or GAA - hope to get a TB to attach to it). Please email me your address, Erik!

For my three individual spawner coins, I have Evil Chicken geocoins to offer (as soon as they come in). Anyone interested in taking an individual coin that hasn't already ordered one, please email me!

Thanks!

Linda <- Mother Hen of Evil Chicken

Update: 1 EC coin down, 2 to go!

2 EC coins down - 1 left!

Edited by Evil Chicken