The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

ok...I've given away my 3 coins to be cached. 2 are going to europe and one to a local here in AZ.

I have 2 coins left to be given away as The screw geocoin has been spoken for.

Why is it always the screw first?...hehehe.

I still have the wisconsin and maine coins to the next 2 emailers...

ok...I'm sending my pkg of 3 to Team Maddie UK.

Does youre family think you are nuts for giving away the coins? I told my dad who is also a cacher and he thinks that coins are for collecting...So I told my wife and she asked" Why are you giving your coins away when you enjoy getting them so much"

So, I told her I'm giving away the extras and she replied" You have extras?"

Um...Yes...Just a few...and one of my coin secrets got compromised...hehehe :antenna:

I have given away the screw coin and the maine.

Now who wants the Wisconsin?

elmosmelmo.

You are funny...."You have extras?"

We ALL have to keep a few extras...right? Never know when that opportunity to do a trade might arise...

Ya thats the ticket.....its an investment....ya...I might get rich off this some day......ya

EDIT: Darn spreel cheeker

Edited by Go JayBee

Ok, I have completed my lineup of coin giveaways for The Grand Experiment. These are all 2005 Washington state coins (the ones w/ Mt St Helens 25th anniversary).

3-coin package (cache placement): Belken (Perth, Australia)

1-coin giveaway (keep or place):

- elmosmelmo (cache placement in Arizona)

- UOTrackers (personal collection in South Carolina)

- ZSandmann (personal collection in Colorado)

Nice geographical distribution, and none of the 'usual suspects' in the bunch. :antenna:

Have completed my entry in Damenace's very nice database, and the coins go out in the next couple days.

Cache on!

I hope I dont get flogged but I sent a few emails out, dont know if the coins are claimed or not. I dont have any coins (well I have a Washington one now) cool love Mt Saint Helens ( Im a geologist) I will gladly place any coins someone sends me and Id love to start collecting as well so Ill take any handouts. I will be beginning my work soon and promise to buy coins then to fulfill my end of the deal.

Cheers,

Z

PS joined yahoo awaiting approval

My 3 coins are activated (see them here) and on their way to Fundamental and Venlis in Finland. HOORAY!

Very good....another set of coins named after me.

I've got #1 on my watchlist....hope to see alot of action. :antenna:

Well, I didn't name them after you, but I did use Grand Experiment in the names of them and mentioned you in the description. Hope that's good enough. :ninja:

And yes, I dropped them in a cache near my house before sending them off the Germany today. No way would I pass on an opportunity to rack up those miles on them!

Extras? No, I don't have no extras. :wub:

:wub::antenna:

I hope I dont get flogged but I sent a few emails out, dont know if the coins are claimed or not. I dont have any coins (well I have a Washington one now) cool love Mt Saint Helens ( Im a geologist) I will gladly place any coins someone sends me and Id love to start collecting as well so Ill take any handouts. I will be beginning my work soon and promise to buy coins then to fulfill my end of the deal.

Cheers,

Z

PS joined yahoo awaiting approval

One Canine Coin coming your way - just send me your address.

Ok I'm game.

I have the following to offer (one each) to those that need them:

Not Another Micro! (2005)

Kentucky Geocoin (2005)

Opticsboy (2005)

And I'm offering the following 3 to be placed in caches:

Alabama

North Carolina

Christmas 2005 ornament coin (Winter Wonderland)

*Note that I'm activating all 3 of the above, and I hope to have them go international. Since I haven't seen anyone saying theirs are going to South/Central America, how about it - GEOCACHERS headed to/in South/Central America - you want some coins to put in Caches?!?

K two of the below coins are spoken for by:

UOTrackers

Zsandman

So, I still have 1 available.

I'm still looking for someone in or going to central/south America willing to distribute coins into caches. If you can do this, please let me know. (I may be willing to toss in an extra coin for you to keep...)

For those of you still seeking clarification on how this works. The best explanation is this:

You get: 1 coin from one of us giving them away. (one you don't have already in your collection.)

You distribute:

3 coins to caches

3 coins to others who do the same thing.

So, you will need to aquire 6 other coins on your own to distribute if you haven't already. (We don't care what they are, but we want to help get the coins in the caches).

Kind Regards,

~Rose

ok...I have completed my 6 coin giveaway and all the coins are going out in Tomorrow's mail.

This experiment has been really fun as I have made friends with the cachers I have met through the giveaway.

Great idea Jaybee :antenna:

Thanks a bunch........

I just sent out about 9 coins today myself......still waiting to hear back from the Netherlands about a Go-mad-Cow distribution.

My 3 coins are activated (see them here) and on their way to Fundamental and Venlis in Finland. HOORAY!

Very good....another set of coins named after me.

I've got #1 on my watchlist....hope to see alot of action. :antenna:

Well, I didn't name them after you, but I did use Grand Experiment in the names of them and mentioned you in the description. Hope that's good enough. :ninja:

And yes, I dropped them in a cache near my house before sending them off the Germany today. No way would I pass on an opportunity to rack up those miles on them!

Extras? No, I don't have no extras. :wub:

:wub::antenna:

Great...I am going to watch #1..........

Greetings all, you mentioned South Africa earlier in the posts and phoenix-rose stopped past the SA forum to enlighten us on the situation of you poor poor people that "Just Have toooo Many Coins". :antenna: :antenna:

There is a severe lack of coins down here in SA with the latest coin to be placed being a German GeoCoin. Most of us will be keen to accept coins to place in the wild wild SA. Just let us know. So who has coins left and is willing to post to SA?

Dont know if there are are too many collectors here, so you can be sure that your coins will make the rounds.

Hi

I'm new to this geocaching thing, but if someone would like a coin set free in Sunny South Africa drop me a line

Sean

Alrighty, I'm game....I see 3 South Africa folks have posted here. I will send another Washington state coin to ONE of them for placement below the equator (since I have others going to Australia, I'm keeping the Southern Hemisphere in coins.... :antenna: ).

First one to email me gets da coin - include your address. :ninja:

Oh...and NONE of my coins are named after Go JayBee. :antenna:

Edited by hydnsek

You can activate the 3 that are going to one person if you wish.

I activated mine and named them like this.

A few other participate named the coins like this too. It is up to you, I would think.

The coins you send 1 to 1 cacher are theirs to do with as they please so I did not activate those.

Hope that helps!

BTW -- If you need some to release your 3 coin package, I would do it for you done here in Georgia.

Ok I'm game.

Kentucky Geocoin (2005)

Opticsboy (2005)

Alabama

North Carolina

*Note that I'm activating all 3 of the above, and I hope to have them go international.  Since I haven't seen anyone saying theirs are going to South/Central America, how about it - GEOCACHERS headed to/in South/Central America - you want some coins to put in Caches?!?

Here's where I'm at y'all - two of the mentioned coins are spoken for by:

UOTrackers

Zsandman

So, I still have 1 available - the Opticsboy coin. EDIT: GONE NOW!

I have also found someone to distribute to Egypt, South Africa, Mexico, and Portugal. I may also have a couple going to Iraq for our troops there to discover (I emailed a few people stationed there). EDIT: WE HAVE 3 STATE COINS GOING TO IRAQ for our Service People Overseas!

~Rose

EDIT: PSST.. Jaybee, I think your idea is really going well!

Edited by phoenix-rose
Ok I'm game.

Kentucky Geocoin (2005)

Opticsboy (2005)

Alabama

North Carolina

*Note that I'm activating all 3 of the above, and I hope to have them go international.  Since I haven't seen anyone saying theirs are going to South/Central America, how about it - GEOCACHERS headed to/in South/Central America - you want some coins to put in Caches?!?

Here's where I'm at y'all - two of the mentioned coins are spoken for by:

UOTrackers

Zsandman

So, I still have 1 available - the Opticsboy coin.

I have also found someone to distribute to Egypt, South Africa, Mexico, and Portugal. I may also have a couple going to Iraq for our troops there to discover (I emailed a few people stationed there).

~Rose

EDIT: PSST.. Jaybee, I think your idea is really going well!

OOHH,OOHH Egypt? PR, if you need an extra coin or two to send to Egypt please contact me, I would love to add a coin to your package.