The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

I want to be on the fresh page too!

I will send 3 activated Wisconsin coins to somebody out there....far away from Wisconsin preferably. (Hmmm...I owe TravelingViking a favor.)

And offer a choice of these coins to the first 3 to contact me (please list first and second choices):

Mt. Everest

RCGDS - NUTS

FlyinV

Harriman Pirates Iowa

and I'll add Delaware to the offer list. I'm chosing ones that I have more than one spare.

When I returned, I had 3 emails, but none of them regarding this. I'm going to bed soon and will check in the morning.

Edited by Team LightningBugs
OK, since I was one of the originals last night and I've been offline all day today - I need 3 cachers who haven't gotten the 2006 Georgia Stone Mountain coins yet to email me - the subject must be "The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway". Include your name and shipping address and I will have them in the mail to you tomorrow.

I've also contacted a cacher about releasing 3 of my coins into the wild for me :(

I like this indeed! :D

T1

and the lucky recipients are:

Cacher 1: Not So Lost Puppies

Cacher 2: UOTrackers

Cacher 3: ???

still need cacher #3 :D

Ok, I'm in.

I'll send out three GBA fault line coins and I think I have 3 Canine Coins as well (not sure if they are 1st Ed or 2nd Ed yet, though).

If ya wanna distribute the GBA coins - let me know!

(I guess you have to let me know about the others as well, but give me until tomorrow to verify which version I still have).

All are non-trackable.

Ok, I'm in.

I'll send out three GBA fault line coins and I think I have 3 Canine Coins as well (not sure if they are 1st Ed or 2nd Ed yet, though).

(I guess you have to let me know about the others as well, but give me until tomorrow to verify which version I still have).

All are non-trackable.

email sent

So basically if I'm person G,P,S it boils down to I send out 6 coins and get 1 in return? or if I'm

person R then I get zero coins?

...not to mention that the very generous Person X who starts the whole thing sends 6 coins and gets nothing in return but a warm fuzzy feeling from sharing and releasing coins. I hope the recipients are equally unselfish! :D

OK, I will give this a try and hope I do this correctly.

I emailed Team LightningBugs to hopefully receive a coin.

I will turnaround and activate 3 Mt. McKinley bronze and mail them to someone (do I pick whoever I want or take a volunteer?)

I will send three unactivated coins to three people who want to receive a coin from me. Email me your preference between:

Mt. McKinley Bronze

2005 USA

neilsenc Thanksgiving silver

neilsenc Caching Around the World

Wisconsin

Going to bed shortly and might not get back to you until tomorrow.

Ok, I'm in.

All are non-trackable.

email sent

GBA fault lines are spoken for now.

I don't think that you need to have someone reading these pages volunteer t get your coins. I went looking for 3 people who I thought I'd like to give my coins to. I tried to pick someone who had done something that I thought was thoughtful or that promoted geocaching or someone that was new to coin collecting and might get a real kick out of the offer of a coin with no strings attached.

Two of the three have emailed me their shipping addresses and I'm waiting for the 3rd.

Jeff / drexotic

BTW: I don't know any of the 3 other than through their posts on these forums.

Edited by drexotic
So basically if I'm person G,P,S  it boils down to I send out 6 coins and get 1 in return? or if I'm

person R then I get zero coins?

...not to mention that the very generous Person X who starts the whole thing sends 6 coins and gets nothing in return but a warm fuzzy feeling from sharing and releasing coins. I hope the recipients are equally unselfish! :D

I am participating on the receiving end...but thats only for one coin so far...after commiting to send out 12.

Oh, and I've already packaged up nearly half of those tonight.

Thanks for the kudos...hydnsek...

Edited by Go JayBee
I don't think that you need to have someone reading these pages volunteer t get your coins.  I went looking for 3 people who I thought I'd like to give my coins to.  I tried to pick someone who had done something that I thought was thoughtful or that promoted geocaching or someone that was new to coin collecting and might get a real kick out of the offer of a coin with no strings attached.

Two of the three have emailed me their shipping addresses and I'm waiting for the 3rd.

Jeff / drexotic

BTW: I don't know any of the 3 other than through their posts on these forums.

I think that that method is just fine......very nice of you to do that.

Drexotic, I was thinking of doing that in a slightly different way as well. Based on the coins I have available to send, I was gonna look at "seeking" lists at cointracking or thecachingplace.

However, I thought it might be a tough sell to some folks, because even though they need the coin, they might not want to send out their six.

With 1969 views, you may be better off sticking to this thread.

Dennis,

Wanted to thank you so much for putting together the database on the y***oo group. That is awesome. How many players do we need now to hit 100?

Oh ya, and thanks for the new Avatar.............

Edited by Go JayBee
With 1969 views, you may be better off sticking to this thread.

Dennis,

Wanted to thank you so much for putting together the database on the y***oo group. That is awesome. How many players do we need now to hit 100?

85! I joined very easily and the database created is very easy to use to track who you are sending your coins to.

Edited by PaHawkeye

As mentioned on p1 of this thread, I'm participating with Washington state 2005 coins.

1. My bundle o' 3 is going to Australia to be placed in caches by Belken. They say geocoins are just beginning to catch on there, so they will be great cache fodder.

2. One of the three individual coins has been claimed by elmosmelmo for placement in an Arizona cache. Two left....

Since I'd never heard of either of these cachers before, this idea is also expanding my caching network - thanks, Go JayBee!

Abby

1. My bundle o' 3 is going to Australia to be placed in caches by Belken. They say geocoins are just beginning to catch on there, so they will be great cache fodder.

I sent several coins to Australia with FunnyNose recently and they went Icon nuts. I am in the process of sending 5 trackable and 9 non-trackable coins to Snuva in Tazmania Australia. If it's ok to count them as my 3 I'll take the next 3 e-mails and send a coin to each.

OK, since I was one of the originals last night and I've been offline all day today - I need 3 cachers who haven't gotten the 2006 Georgia Stone Mountain coins yet to email me - the subject must be "The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway". Include your name and shipping address and I will have them in the mail to you tomorrow.

I've also contacted a cacher about releasing 3 of my coins into the wild for me :lol:

I like this indeed! :laughing:

T1

still need cacher #3 ;)

still waiting on cacher #3... who will it be?

T1

Don't forget to register yourself in the yahoo group and add your trades to the database.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeocoinGiveaway/

Maybe Go JayBee could update the initial post to include the group link, and also clarify the process for those that come here late and don't read all the previous messages? (When he gets a chance of course... no rush :laughing: )

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies
Go to the main site, select "Track Travel Bugs", so an ADVANCED search, select by KEYWORD, type in "Go Jaybee's Experiment"

:D  :laughing:  :D  :lol:

Following your lead on this LFD. it will make it easy for others to follow the experiment. ;)

If the receiver of the 3 would like, they can adopt one of them for the owner icon ;)

I like this idea, I will be doing ht esame for the activated coins I send to Prague. Please remember that those who participate, you are asked to join the Yahoo Group by going to The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway . It is free and it is a way to track who is involved. As mentioned previousely if there is enough people that choose to participate there there will be a coin minted to honor those who helped return coins back to caches.

Alright here we go, my three coins will be the GAA LE Geocoin numbers 17, 18. and 19. I ask that you do not already have one of these coins in your collection. The first three people to email me will receive one of these coins.

These three coins have been packed and sent to the post office as well as the three going to Prague.

Yime,

Who are these people?

Captain Morgan (pending) Captain Crunch (pending) The Captain and Tennille (pending)

I must meet them some day. Do they have Personal Coins yet?

I want 3 of each metal.......

All I know is that they outrank Doc on the Love Boat. Sadly, I'm still waiting for my email volunteers. I swear I don't dip my coins in doo-doo. I may resort to random mailings with lavish promises and guilt trips like a Ponzi scheme...

Oh, JayBee, now I need your addy. Got this coin dipped in doo-doo to send ya. :)

wow...I figured that i would have tons of emails for my 3 coins I'm offering to the next 3 emails but got noone. :)

I am offering:

Screw coin

Wisconsin

Maine

The next 3 emails will get a coin. I am also working on sending my 3 coins to cachers to place in caches. I may try to give them to someone in europe. :D

I have PassingWind and DLiming at #1 and #2

Need 1 more e-mail

Yep I'm STILL LOOKING for another taker.

Which coin is this?

BTW, I have both the 1st Ed and 2nd Ed of the Canine Cachers coins to send out - although I think most here have them.....

Need 3 folks.

I would be happy to accept more coins, but since I am only in the design phase of my coin I don't know how fair that is. Is there a time limit on my pay it forward? I really love this idea, and when I was at my first geoholics meeting tonight I mentioned it to DiskDevil, I think he'll be watching to see where I cache those coins!

PS although we are collecting coins and signature items for my little girl, I'd almost rather place coins in caches for others to find. I have yet to find my first coin, but I bet I"ll be pretty excited when I do. If this is a long running project I have 2 trips planned this year and will be caching on the side of them and wil be happy to drop coins then also.

First trip will be at the end of April from Aiken SC to St. Louis MO. Get ahold of me if you'd like me to drop something on the way there!

Edited by UOTrackers

I will take any coin to cache, but I've already activated 15 for the two "transactions" I did -- so I cannot spawn 6 to the 1. I will guarantee a 1 for the 1 of anyone interested.

If I have the coin -- I will cache it

If I do not have the coin, I will cache another in it's place.

I will e-mail the person letting them know where it is cached, etc, etc.

Let me get this straight, I send three coins to someone to place in caches, and tree more to three cachers to place or keep.......

I have a few coins laying arond.

That's what I am doing. I understand that the three you send together can be activated and then you (hopefully) can track them. Posters seem to be finding they might have to send them to people not following this thread PLUS that is part of the purpose anyway. Introduce (or RE-introduce) geocoins to geocachers.

I am on the receiving end of someone's three individual coins and am turning around and doing the same thing that person did. You might be able to look back and find someone looking to send one of their 3 coins yet and then you only have a net loss of 5 coins, instead of 6 PLUS if you can find the link to join the group set up, someone has offered to make a commerative coin if 100 GC's do this and log their "trades".

I've also contacted a cacher about releasing 3 of my coins into the wild for me :D

I like this indeed! :)

T1

T1

no takers on coin #3? come on folks, not everyone got a Stone Mountain coin, did they?

T1

I've also contacted a cacher about releasing 3 of my coins into the wild for me :D

I like this indeed! :)

T1

T1

no takers on coin #3? come on folks, not everyone got a Stone Mountain coin, did they?

T1

And Cacher #3 is.... TeamTecMage!

Thanks much for playing! The coins are in the mail, TTM's will be in the mail tomorrow :D

T1

Let me get this straight, I send three coins to someone to place in caches, and tree more to three cachers to place or keep.......

I have a few coins laying arond.

That's what I am doing. I understand that the three you send together can be activated and then you (hopefully) can track them. Posters seem to be finding they might have to send them to people not following this thread PLUS that is part of the purpose anyway. Introduce (or RE-introduce) geocoins to geocachers.

I am on the receiving end of someone's three individual coins and am turning around and doing the same thing that person did. You might be able to look back and find someone looking to send one of their 3 coins yet and then you only have a net loss of 5 coins, instead of 6 PLUS if you can find the link to join the group set up, someone has offered to make a commerative coin if 100 GC's do this and log their "trades".

Quietly waiting to be added to the group.... :)

I have PassingWind and DLiming at #1 and #2

Need 1 more e-mail

Yep I'm STILL LOOKING for another taker.

Thorny1 is the 3rd. I'm going to paw through my collection and send them a list so they can chose whatever they want from the list.

The coins being sent to Snuva in Tazmania are:

Trackable:

2005 Delaware

2005 Kilted Cacher Personal coin.

2005 Tennessee

2005 Pennsylvania

2005 Bronze German

Non Trackable:

2 each 2005 Utah

2005 Washington

2005 Maine

2005 Lowracer

2005 Alaska Bronze

2005 Silver Marc

2005 Boys of Ladycacher

2005 North Dakota

2005 Kache Kids

As mentioned on p1 of this thread, I'm participating with Washington state 2005 coins.

2. One of the three individual coins has been claimed by elmosmelmo for placement in an Arizona cache. Two left....

Since I'd never heard of either of these cachers before, this idea is also expanding my caching network - thanks, Go JayBee!

Abby

Still have 2 individual WA coins awaiting claims, per the 'rules' of this game. Wow, and here I thought they'd be gone in an instant....

Ok I'm game.

I have the following to offer (one each) to those that need them:

Not Another Micro! (2005)

Kentucky Geocoin (2005)

Opticsboy (2005)

And I'm offering the following 3 to be placed in caches:

Alabama

North Carolina

Christmas 2005 ornament coin (Winter Wonderland)

*Note that I'm activating all 3 of the above, and I hope to have them go international. Since I haven't seen anyone saying theirs are going to South/Central America, how about it - GEOCACHERS headed to/in South/Central America - you want some coins to put in Caches?!?

Edited by phoenix-rose