Our Personal Coin, Maybe?

ParentsofSAM

Ok we **MIGHT** make our own personal coin. I think the design is too plain, the husband thinks it is fine. What do you think?

I know its our coin do what we want, but any feedback will be appreciated)

Are you sick of seeing and buying cachers personal coins?

Also do you like for US shipping to be included in the price of coin or added on after?

Is $7.50 - $8.50 a good price range? It will not have its own icon, but will be GC trackable.

a7fc60e3-08be-44d5-b0c4-8e07eb9a341f.jpg

You are getting there....I'd suggest sending your raw artwork to a vendor (CoinsAndPins comes to mind). Get them to start working on the design with you. You'll never know what is possible until you start the process.

BTW: I'll take one of each metal........ :unsure:

When you get around to wanting trades, look me up....

I would like to see something besides the GC.com symbol... It's starting to look very generic (to me)

But, I LOVE personal coins. Much prefer them to the others (except maybe event coins) They seem to show a lot more creativity, IMO :unsure:

WE would love to trade for one of yours after you have them made! :anibad:

Some good suggestions above.

I also agree with making the back something more personal.

Have the "Trackable at Geocaching.com" along one side of the triangle and then have a place in the design for the tracking number (or maybe even on another side of the triangle :anibad: ).

"If it were me" I would make the children's heads bigger and have them all facing outward from the center, with your text in a border around the edge.

Hope you don't mind, but here's a visual of how I envision it.

SAM2.jpg

D-man :unsure:

Edited by gridlox
Some good suggestions above.

I also agree with making the back something more personal.

Have the "Trackable at Geocaching.com" along one side of the triangle and then have a place in the design for the tracking number (or maybe even on another side of the triangle :unsure: ).

"If it were me" I would make the children's heads bigger and have them all facing outward from the center, with your text in a border around the edge.

Hope you don't mind, but here's a visual of how I envision it.

SAM2.jpg

D-man :anibad:

Exactly how I envisioned it.....take the sharp points out of the corners. An easier coin to make...plus it won't cut through an envelope.

Also cannot be used as a weapon...

That's a really nice design! That was very cool of Gridlox to help you out. The only change I might consider would be to rotate all the faces 180 degrees so that whatever sided ended up on bottom in a display case, one of the girls would be "face up". Does that make any sense at all? Just so the art matches the text on the border where the bottom edge on any side is readable. Right now as you turn the coin to read it the girls are constantly upside-down from the text. Either way it's a really nice design, hope to see it out in the field! F&tH :)

That's a really nice design! That was very cool of Gridlox to help you out. The only change I might consider would be to rotate all the faces 180 degrees so that whatever sided ended up on bottom in a display case, one of the girls would be "face up". Does that make any sense at all? Just so the art matches the text on the border where the bottom edge on any side is readable. Right now as you turn the coin to read it the girls are constantly upside-down from the text. Either way it's a really nice design, hope to see it out in the field! F&tH :)

So make the girls chins would point to the straight sides of the coin instead of the angled part.

That's a really nice design!  That was very cool of Gridlox to help you out.  The only change I might consider would be to rotate all the faces 180 degrees so that whatever sided ended up on bottom in a display case, one of the girls would be "face up".  Does that make any sense at all?  Just so the art matches the text on the border where the bottom edge on any side is readable.  Right now as you turn the coin to read it the girls are constantly upside-down from the text.  Either way it's a really nice design, hope to see it out in the field!  F&tH  :)

So make the girls chins would point to the straight sides of the coin instead of the angled part.

I think they mean make the chins point to the center... maybe...

CF30