Coming Soon: Redwing_dave Personal Coin!

Redwing_dave

Don't know if I got one or not, tried twice, both times went all the way through to the end and when I got through with paypal, the cachingplace page that popped up said "Your payment was not received by Paypal payment system." This happened once before but my order still went through.... I hope I got one!

It looks like all the coins reserved for the presale have now sold! Thanks again for purchasing. :P

I am still entertaining trade offers for the coins I held back for myself and the LE coins. I have a few offers to catch up on, so if you haven't heard from me, it doesn't mean I'm not going to trade with you, it just means I haven't had time to get back to you.

UPDATE

Howdy everyone! After another nice win over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday, I'm still flyin' high (the only thing better than beating the Avs in the regular season is beating the Avs in the Play Offs) :o .

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my coins.

As of today, I have not seen the finished product. The coins have shipped from overseas, and I should have them in my hands by Wednesday or Thursday of this week :laughing: . As soon as I get them, I'll begin packaging up the coins that I traded directly. I'm headed off to Scout Camp this weekend, so I may not get all of them in the mail until next week. I'll do my best to drop you an email when I ship them, so you know they're on their way.

If you purchased coins from the link that I posted prior to the new coin regulations, your order will come directly from thecachingplace. As far as I know, their estimated shipping date should still apply.

Can't wait for the coins!

BTW: Didja see where all the Steelers fans were hanging out while in Detroit? :o

Hockeytown Cafe! <---They should be selling your coins!

I always knew there was a reason I liked those Steelers fans. I watched the game with Terrible Towel in hand. Now if I could've just had a Primanti Bros Sandwich (easy on the grass) in the other hand, it would have felt like I was right back in TRIGO land. :laughing:

How much did it cost you for the copyright to use the wings logo? How about the the cup? I bet that one cost even more. Let us know. I think I will get rights to use my teams logo's for my coin. Good looking coin I will be watching for it. Actually I guess it would be trade mark infringement but hey that is why I will be hiring a lawyer to figure all this out when I'm ready to make my coin. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Copyright infringement is one of the things that kept me from doing a coin earlier.

Actually if you look closely at the winged wheel, it isn't the same one that is trademarked by the Red Wings. It is an original work by Fractal Artist Paul DeCelle. I contacted him, and he was very pleased to give me permission to use his artwork. In exchange I am going to send him a set of coins when they're finished. So side one was easily averted.

As far as the Stanley Cup goes, I used an actual photograph that I had. Since nobody can place a trademark or copyright on a picture that I own, I wasn't concerned about using that image of the cup.

For anyone interested in trading, please drop me an email. I'll try to get back to you quickly. I'll give you fair warning that I'll probably be a little stingy about trading at first, since I'll be selling the majority of the coins, and a lot of the ones I'm keeping are already going to locals, however I will gladly entertain offers. Feel free to drop me a line.

E-mail recently sent!

The Good: Just wanted to say I got my coins today and they are really nice! I was really impressed.

Now, the bad: This was my first time to order from the caching place and i must say, i was very dissatisfied with their packaging. Granted, if i had ordered just one coin, it would have been great; but I ordered 2 coins. They simply butted up the coins next 2 each other (only the cheap flimsy plastic holders seperated the 2 coins). They were then wrapped in a thicker paper (which was great) and sent in a bubble mailer (which is also great). For the $2 fee PLUS the shipping charge, i figured they could at least just put a piece of cardboard or something between the 2 coins ... i thought these guys would have had the shipping system down by now! Next time I may just order 1 coin!

My coins did make it to me without any damage, but they could have *very easily* been scratched up!

Edited by Grimlock

The Good: Just wanted to say I got my coins today and they are really nice! I was really impressed.

Now, the bad: This was my first time to order from the caching place and i must say, i was very dissatisfied with their packaging. Granted, if i had ordered just one coin, it would have been great; but I ordered 2 coins. They simply butted up the coins next 2 each other (only the cheap flimsy plastic holders seperated the 2 coins). They were then wrapped in a thicker paper (which was great) and sent in a bubble mailer (which is also great). For the $2 fee PLUS the shipping charge, i figured they could at least just put a piece of cardboard or something between the 2 coins ... i thought these guys would have had the shipping system down by now! Next time I may just order 1 coin!

My coins did make it to me without any damage, but they could have *very easily* been scratched up!

Thank you for the feedback Grimlock. I will pass this information along to the folks at thecachingplace. I know they want to provide excellent customer service, so I'm sure they'll appreciate the feedback. I'm glad your coins arrived safely, and I'm glad you were pleased with them. I used thecachingplace for the minting of my coins, because in my opinion they do the finest work of any of the companies, especially when it comes to 3D detail.

On another note, I sent out a bunch of coins yesterday to people who had traded me for my personal coin. If you already sent your trade-coin in advance, your Redwing coin went out yesterday. The only coins that haven't gone out are trades that were agreed upon, but no coins or addresses have been exchanged yet. I ran out of time before I was able to cinch up the 3 or 4 trades that fall into that category, but I'll be working on those shortly. I wanted to make good with those people that sent their trades out in good faith before my coins were available first.

The Sharks played great, but let us not forget that the Wings were missing 5 of their best players.... (Maybe you need to send them a coin!). I'll keep kealia from gloating too much!

Thanks Hula Bum. I'm still on a high after having Nick Lidstrom put away the game winning goal in the Olympic Gold medal match, so I won't get too bummed out by a loss here and there. Now if it would have been a loss to the Avs, I would have been furious, but I like the Sharks, so I'll cope.

Bob39, if you're looking for my coins at the cachingplace, they sold out quite awhile ago. The only way to get one now is through a trade. I have a few to trade, and I know that there are several people that also bought multiple coins. I've also seen a few for sale at a place that I don't know if I can mention with the new rules, since my coins aren't trackable.

I've had several offers for my black nickel coins. If you made me an offer, and I didn't get back to you, I apologize. Life has been chaotic. I am considering all the requests, but since there are only 10 of these coins, I'm being pretty stingy. I'm really hoping to hook up with a MiGO fall (especially since the value of these coins has recently taken a nose dive on that one online auction site).