Missing Caches From Pq's

Since I have been using a filter in GSAK to find archived caches I have realised there are a large number of caches missing from my PQ and from the preview of the PQ.

As my PQ's cover the UK every week I search for any cache who's last GPX date is older than 8 days, meaning its disappeared from the PQ and is therefore archived.

I haven't changed my PQ settings and so at some point these caches were in a PQ or else they would not be in my GSAK database and have a last GPX date.

If I give a few examples could folks check there databases?

I have a PQ for 5th April to 5th May 2005 looking for caches placed. The Rock Pool, GCNDHJ, hasn't been in a PQ since 14/9/2005 and yet is still going strong.

Also a PQ for July 17th to 22nd Aug 2005 hasn't shown Stone Rings Secret Spoiler being updated since 5/9/2005 and again is going strong.

Neither of these caches appears in the previews of the PQ's either. I have 202 such caches in my database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Ive got two PQS for caches that never got approved.

When using the dates method i always use the CTRL and click to select the following countries

Guernsey

Jersey

Ireland

Isle of Man

United Kingdom

Its always worth checking all your dates do overlap as an inadvertent use of the scroll wheel can change these quite drastically.

I am however going to check these are in my GSAK database tonight !!

I am a lot further to solving this thanks!

Seems country is important! GSAK shows of the 205 that I have, only 84 are marked in the 'Country' column' as 'United Kingdom'. The rest are marked as either Ireland, Wales, England or Scotland. This may explain a large chunk.

If I remove this 205 I am questioning from my main database all are shown in the country column as 'United Kingdom'.

This makes me think that the country has something to do with it.

We're still not at the bottom of it yet though!

Thanks folks,

Dave

I am wondering if at certain points when caches being organised in the Groundspeak databases some were given the identities England, Scotland, Wales. These then aren't listed in 'UK' Pq's.

Dave

Got anymore examples ?? theres no option for wales scotland etc now so you may have some very early PQ's which dates do you use.

These are my current dates the PQ's exclude locationless but include the countries mentioned above.

PQ No {1} 1st Dec 2000 to 3rd July 2002

PQ No {2} 4th July 2002 12th Feb 2003

PQ No {3} 13th Feb 2003 9th Jun 2003

PQ No {4} 10th Jun 2003 18th Oct 2003

PQ No {5} 18th Oct 2003 22nd Feb 2004

PQ No {6} 23rd Feb 2004 30th April 2004

PQ No {7} 1st May 2004 28th June 2004

PQ No {8} 29th June 2004 30th Aug 2004

PQ No {9} 31st Aug 2004 6th Nov 2004

PQ No {10} 7th Nov 2004 20th Jan 2005

PQ No {11} 21st Jan 2005 5th March 2005

PQ No {12} 6th March 2005 4th April 2005

PQ No {13} 5th April 2005 to 5th May 2005

PQ No {14} 6th May 2005 to 7th June 2005

PQ No {15} 8th June 2005 to July 16th 2005

PQ No {16} 17th July 2005 to 22nd Aug 2005

PQ No {17} 23rd Aug 2005 to 25th Sept 2005

PQ No {18} 26th Sept 2005 to 2nd Nov 2005

PQ No {19} 3rd Nov 2005 to 17 December 2005

PQ No {20} 18th December 2005 to present

A PQ for 6 nov 2005 - 12 nov 2005 shows 68 caches.

A PQ for 5 nov 2005 - 22 dec 2005 shows no caches between 6-12 nov and a totak of 487. I am guessing that if the PQ will produce more than 500 they just miss out days? I came by the dates by noticing the pq had hit 500 then reducing the dates till it was sub 500 on preview.

Must be me.

Dave

Edited by Team Ballibeg

Still think PQ's odd. Looking at your dates, this PQ

returns for me no caches places between 4th Nov-11th Nov inclusive. 478 records in all.

That isn't right!!!

These caches were placed in that time....

Lorna's Delight

Windy Rossall - Part 2

Maisie's Place

to name but a few of the many that were placed in those dates.

Dave

Edited by Team Ballibeg

i appreciate its not much help to you, but I use almost the same method as Markandlynn (thanks guys!) and have a PQ Date18 that runs from october 30th to December 10th. It returns 447 caches, which includes caches in your blank range, including Lorna's delight. I didn't get as far as checking for the others...

Sorry if this is obvious, but have you got all other settings cleared, including found/not found status, distance, and so on? Especially the "That" parameter... no ticks in any of the boxes...

As you say - very odd! I'll keep on thinking!

Dave

Just to check.

Are you asking for 500 caches ?

have you selected all cache types except locationless ?

any container ticked ?

nothing ticked in the That (and) section ?

neither dificulty nor terrain boxes ticked ?

correct countries selected ?

the states provinces box is not ticked ?

from origin non selected is ticked ?

and the between (dates) box is ticked ?

and finally none of the attributes are selected ?

if the above are the case then perhaps Groundspeak need to be contacted.

Now this may be way off the mark, have you checked your "ignore bookmark list "?

The buttons are quite close, and the caches may have been inadvertantly ignored.

OK its a long shot , but if the PQ is set up the same way as everyone else and you are the only one getting the problem, its the only explanation I can think of.

Slainge FFB

I've checked and rechecked.

I've not altered any PQ settings, they are all correct. However it seems the problem remains for me.

Settings as described, this PQ {19} 3rd nov- 17th dec 2005 returns no caches placed between 4th nov and 11th nov inclusive.

Now I find it odd that its missing a chunk by date. Surely an off setting would remove odd caches, not whole days?

Dave

I am wondering if at certain points when caches being organised in the Groundspeak databases some were given the identities England,  Scotland, Wales.  These then aren't listed in 'UK' Pq's.

Dave

Got anymore examples ?? theres no option for wales scotland etc now so you may have some very early PQ's

Yes. Can you quote a few GC codes for caches in Scotland, England & Wales please? (i.e. ones showing as such in your GSAK 'Country' coumn).

returns for me no caches places between 4th Nov-11th Nov inclusive. 478 records in all.

Did you actually download that PQ/gpx and view it in GSAK or did you just look at the preview listing as a web page on gc.com? Those on-line listings aren't in date order - they're all mixed up! When I look, I see dates including 9 Nov 05 on page 23 of 24, for example.

Just a thought.

I was looking at the preview. Thanks for pointing out that they're out of order.

I've made sure I've run all my PQ's in the last few days and low and behold all the English, Welsh, Scottish identified caches have turned into UK! The only ones I have are archived, and hence not updated. English caches were GCPTEQ and GCG4F7 to name but two.

In fact all seems back to normal.

There must have been a glitch for a few days.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you actually download that PQ/gpx and view it in GSAK or did you just look at the preview listing as a web page on gc.com? Those on-line listings aren't in date order - they're all mixed up! When I look, I see dates including 9 Nov 05 on page 23 of 24, for example.

Just a thought.

Just because they appear to not be in date order does not mean that the data in the PQ is incorrect. I'm not sure which field('s) GC.com sorts the PQ's in but I bet is is not date and that would explain why the dates are not in order when you view the PQ's.

The method given above by markandlynn works very well if you set the PQ's up correctly, if you make one small error, then I am afraid it will not. You have to setup the PQ's and think about what each inclusion / exclusion within the query has on the overall result; just one tick in the wrong place can change your dataset completely.

Just a thought.

Just because they appear to not be in date order does not mean that the data in the PQ is incorrect.

That was my point exactly! :)