Spring Fling 2006

Shop99er

I shall just enjoy watching everyone scurrying around like little ants whilst I laugh. :D Best I can do to contribute! :D:D

You could shine a magnifying glass to focus the sun's rays on all the other ants, causing them to burst into flames. Then I would win the competition. :D

It is *always* sunny in Seattle, right?

Edited by The Leprechauns

I shall just enjoy watching everyone scurrying around like little ants whilst I laugh. :D Best I can do to contribute! :D:D

You could shine a magnifying glass to focus the sun's rays on all the other ants, causing them to burst into flames. Then I would win the competition. :D

It is *always* sunny in Seattle, right?

Yes. ^_^

A note to those coming in from out of the area and planning on the APE cache:

Make sure to plan for lunch/dinner at XXX Burgers in Issaquah - order whatever you want to eat but make sure to order a rootbeer to go with it. I was turned onto this place by MarcusArelius on a previous visit and try to make it out there when I can.

Great history and rootbeer that's almost as good as a FTF! :anitongue:

Looking forward to seeing y'all Saturday!

Maybe I might have missed it somewhere, but

I'll be bringing the family along on Saturday and we'll be interested in grabbing a couple (or more) caches on the way out of town. Can someone point me in the direction of CANT b MISSED Kitsap Co caches?? I'm looking for quality caches, not a quantity of caches.

Thanks!!

I've firmed it up and will be there for sure.

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er here....

If TotemLake has 'firmed it up'... I believe he needs to run it by Belleterre to make sure. Belleterre IS the Vice Mistres of Vice you know. All kilted cachers and firm guys need to check in with her. :P

I've firmed it up and will be there for sure.

If TotemLake has 'firmed it up'... I believe he needs to run it by Belleterre to make sure. Belleterre IS the Vice Mistres of Vice you know. All kilted cachers and firm guys need to check in with her. :P

She owes me anyway. :) I popped a tire going up to one of her caches. :):)

All kilted cachers and firm guys need to check in with her. :P

Speaking of, I'm 90% finished with Lost One's kilt. The weather looks like perfect kilt weather to me. I hope to see lots of knobby knees!!!!!

Well you should be able to see my knobby knees below a pair of respectable shorts...weather permitting too much sun and I'd be blinding people.

Looking for a Ajetpilot's Geocoin!! He left one in the Ebey Bluffs cache when he logged his 1000 Th. Cache. Also one in Colonel Ebey's Time Capsule. OR Be the winner with the shortest distance to GZ at the Expert Site. Being the winner means not only getting first choice of the prizes but you will be awarded one of the outstanding Geocoins by Bruce, Ajetpilot. OR Talk to Bruce at the Spring Fling. He is the Field Director and will have his Geocoins with him for trade. Now if someone would like to donate one for the Sissy Site, that would be great. Thanks Dick BTW if you want to see what the Geocoins look like

he has posted a picture on the Ebey Bluffs Cache page.

I am not into Geocoins but I did find one laying around here that I will donate to

the winner of the Sissy Site. Looks good to me. Lep would probably like it as it is the USS PENNSYLVANIA SSBN-735. So if you were a sub sailor or from Pennsylvania I hope you will

be the winner of the Sissy Site. Dick

Edited by W7WT

*adds camera to the list of things to pack for Saturday*

I'm still interested in knowing if there are any Not To B Missed caches in the surrounding areas. Apparently, I'm not the only one interested either, as I've been contacted by at least two individuals who are also interested in seeing some of the unique Kitsap Co hides.

All ideas and suggestions would be appreciated, but if this isn't the proper place to leave a note contact us via our profile, please.

Thanks -

Sassy

All kilted cachers and firm guys need to check in with her. :lol:

Speaking of, I'm 90% finished with Lost One's kilt. The weather looks like perfect kilt weather to me. I hope to see lots of knobby knees!!!!!

All this talk of kilts has prompted me decide to share something I saw up here last week (Vancouver BC area) -- as I was heading home one afternoon I saw a pickup parked in someone's driveway with big lettering on the sides -- MEN IN KILTS GUTTER CLEANING AND ROOF REPAIR

And sure enough, they were up on ladders.....cleaning gutters.....wearing kilts..... :anicute::blink::yikes:

It looks like I will be unable to attend, and will be unavailable until after 6pm. If there’s any interest in meeting for a beer in Tacoma after the Fling, let me know and I’ll organize an Unofficial Post-Fling Beer Consumption Splinter Group Event (UPFBCSGE).

So is this happening?

*adds camera to the list of things to pack for Saturday*

I'm still interested in knowing if there are any Not To B Missed caches in the surrounding areas. Apparently, I'm not the only one interested either, as I've been contacted by at least two individuals who are also interested in seeing some of the unique Kitsap Co hides.

All ideas and suggestions would be appreciated, but if this isn't the proper place to leave a note contact us via our profile, please.

Thanks -

Sassy

I am sorry no one has answered your request. For me any cache I can find is a good one.

Ajetpilot and I found Ebey Bluffs today. Now that is an outstanding cache. I am hesitant

to suggest any as what I like you might not like at all. I would suggest taking the coordinates

at the top of the Spring Fling Cache page and work out from there. Reading the logs will give you an idea of if it's your kind of cache. Distance from the Spring Fling can throw you off. It may say 3 miles to a cache and be either in East Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, or Blake Island. Maybe one of the locals can step in here and give you some ideas. Dick, W7WT

Sassy - check your email.

Glad you guys had a good time on Whidbey, Dick - I meant to ask about how it came out.

I hate that about Kitsap County. When my top 7 closest unfound caches are all on islands somewhere, that's just too much water.

Thanks, Dick, for understanding! Yes, the whole Bremerton, Bainbridge Island and Blake Island issue was making the planning a bit more time consuming which was why I asked for suggestions initially.

Thankfully, the good cachers of Kistap County have stepped up and given me plenty of ideas and suggestions. Thanks guys (and gal)!!

PS - What a great day to go to Ebbey Bluffs! I especially enjoyed the picture of you with your walking stick that ajetpilot posted.

And Pasha - backatcha.

It looks like I will be unable to attend, and will be unavailable until after 6pm. If there’s any interest in meeting for a beer in Tacoma after the Fling, let me know and I’ll organize an Unofficial Post-Fling Beer Consumption Splinter Group Event (UPFBCSGE).

So is this happening?

Yes. I've not had my TotemLake hug for '06 yet. :unsure:

So is this happening?

Yes. I've not had my TotemLake hug for '06 yet. :huh:

So, what are the details for the unofficial? I need details, man! :unsure:

So is this happening?

Hmmm...I haven't, either. :unsure:

So is this happening?

Yes. I've not had my TotemLake hug for '06 yet. :)

So, what are the details. I need details, man! :unsure:

Well, I think the general arrangement is to approach TL, square off on him while extending your arms outwardly away from your body. If TL extends his arms outwardly as well, that’s implicit permission for you to advance until your fronts are touching. At the moment of contact, close your arms around TL and squeeze gently. He will likely respond in the same manner. Repeat as necessary.

Is that detailed enough for you? :huh:

So is this happening?

Yes. I've not had my TotemLake hug for '06 yet. :)

So, what are the details. I need details, man! :)

Well, I think the general arrangement is to approach TL, square off on him while extending your arms outwardly away from your body. If TL extends his arms outwardly as well, that’s implicit permission for you to advance until your fronts are touching. At the moment of contact, close your arms around TL and squeeze gently. He will likely respond in the same manner. Repeat as necessary.

Is that detailed enough for you? :)

:unsure::D

Not those details, silly. :huh::D

Oh, now you've messed me up. The first time I see TL on Saturday, I'll have to put my arms out and see if he does the same. :unsure:

Well if he doesn't I will and then I'll forever look down on him a scurvy knave who passed on the opportunity to hug you.

If you get close enough, you might get one too, and then you'll understand. :huh:

Btw, I want to add, I'll be bringing my new geopup with me. Hope that's okay!

Edited by TotemLake
Ambrosia Today, 11:57 AM Post #185

I'm gonna get hugged to death.

I just saw on the listing dogs aren't okay. Bummer.

Sorry about the dogs. The yard area is going to be taken up with the GPSr games and there's going to be a lot of people inside the building. It just won't be a good situation for the 4 leggers at this one.

However, the Luau...we still have special permission for dogs so we hope we'll see you and the dogs there!

So is this happening?

So, what are the details. I need details, man! :unsure:

Is that detailed enough for you? :)

It's the beer man, she's obviously looking for the beer details.... :)

So is this happening?

Yes. I've not had my TotemLake hug for '06 yet. :D

So, what are the details. I need details, man! :anibad:

Is that detailed enough for you? :P

It's the beer man, she's obviously looking for the beer details.... :huh:

Yeah, suuuuuuure...that's it. :laughing::P

Not sure if we can make this.... but have been thinking about it.

Then today I was looking at the cache attributes and it says "NO DOGS"! :D

Is this a fact or is there something I did not see?

From a few post up:

Ambrosia Today, 11:57 AM Post #185

I'm gonna get hugged to death.

I just saw on the listing dogs aren't okay. Bummer.

Sorry about the dogs. The yard area is going to be taken up with the GPSr games and there's going to be a lot of people inside the building. It just won't be a good situation for the 4 leggers at this one.

However, the Luau...we still have special permission for dogs so we hope we'll see you and the dogs there!

However, it doesn't say you can't bring them and leave them in the car. Not much fun, I'll admit, but it is an option... :D

Edited by Allanon

Thanks for pointing that out Allanon. I didn't go through all the posts.

Well, it's suppose to be sunny and 62 degrees Sat. The cars can heat up quite quickly even at those temps. Unless there is some shady place to park.

I'm sorry for the no dogs rule at this one. We have WAY more people coming than expected and we are going to be packed! Who knew!??

And considering the temp on Saturday I'd really recommend not bringing them to leave in the car. It's going to be just to hot for them. There is a few shaded areas of parking but not enough.

We are looking for a different venue for the Spring Fling if it continues to be this popular. Some where that is dog friendly because WE are dog friendly. Last year we expected 40 people and got 85. This year we expected 80 and I think we're going to go well past 100. We're just knocked over that so many people are going to attend.

And in other news....

There are only 100 of the Spring Fling coins available. They are going to be first come first served. No, they aren't free but they are reasonable. You will have to track down Shop99er (look at his avatar...you find that Hawaiian shirt..he's the guy in it) to get yours. Once they're gone they're gone. It's one per caching family since we don't have an unlimited supply to go around. Mr. Shop99er says he's not going to start coin business until 11AM but he can be buttered up and bought.

Some of you are picking up Hazards of Caching coins and/or Grays Harbor County coins. Mr. Shop99er will have those as well. Please remember to ask him for them.

We are also going to set up a smoking tent beside the building. Just in case it sprinkles or to get you out of the sun. There will be a butt can in there and it's just steps from the front door.

The main parking lot of the Waterman is going to full up fast. Just to the right of the of the Waterman Club is a large church parking lot. The driveway is next to the field where we'll do the GPS game. We do have special permission to use their lot for overflow parking and there will be a sign to point the direction.

There will be two sign up tables as you come into the Waterman. One is for adults and one is for kids.

Adults sign up for the GPS game at the adult table and please sign the log at the ammo box with your caching name and how many are with you. We'd like to have a rough idea of how many came to the Fling. We will also have a Travel Bug Swap Stop area. Please drop and pick up the travel bugs at this area.

Kids sign up for the scavenger hunt, the kids GPS toss and M&M Jar guess game at their own table.

We also have a craft table just for kids. All the crafts on the table are free for the kids. The first 24 kids through the door will receive a special goodie bag with all sorts of fun things in them. 'Kid' is defined as 12 and under.

See you all at the FLING!