Roller Coaster Over 200 Ft. Tall

Since I am CoasterKid, I thought I'd propose this one.

The Height requirements could be any number, but the 2 looked good next to the 0.

To the admins. I realize that you are still working this thing out. It sounds really cool, and I won't be upset if this takes a while. Thanks for all the hard work.

CoasterKid

Since I am CoasterKid, I thought I'd propose this one.

The Height requirements could be any number, but the 2 looked good next to the 0.

To the admins. I realize that you are still working this thing out. It sounds really cool, and I won't be upset if this takes a while. Thanks for all the hard work.

CoasterKid

I'd be interested in working with you on a Roller Coaster category, now we're into Group Management. If you set it up, I'll join.

I think I can still own a category, so if you're no longer interested and want me to pull something together I will start up a group.

Rather than having a height restriction, I'd prefer we could define "roller coaster" properly and have the height be a variable (probalby selected from a range of values).

I will join also. I've got some big coaters in my area. Ever heard of Kingda Ka? Well is the group set up yet?

I sent CoasterKid a message, in case the forum notifications aren't sending emails (I've had that problem cause was wrong in my profile).

Let's give him/her a shot at setting the group first.

I will join also. I've got some big coaters in my area. Ever heard of Kingda Ka? Well is the group set up yet?

I sent CoasterKid a message, in case the forum notifications aren't sending emails (I've had that problem cause was wrong in my profile).

Let's give him/her a shot at setting the group first.

I've created a group Roller Coasters and will leave open enrollment on for a short while. Hop on the group if you're interested! (I need one more officer to get this moving along).

Can I ask why you need a height requirement?

Why not mark ALL Rollercoasters?

BTW... lots of great variables for this Category... and you could probably interest the Rollercoaster Enthusiasts of America as well.

;) The Blue Quasar

The height restriction was from CoasterKid's original subject. My suggestion is to include a variable for the height, and allow all roller coasters that meet the group criteria.

Sorry about the delays -- I've been focusing on plans for my summer travels over the past few weeks and caching / Waymarking has taken a back seat.

We have three officers, so far so good.

Maybe I can kick the discussion around so we can organize the variables:

So far, I'm thinking

• Height
  • Coaster Construction {Wood, Steel}
  • Train Type {Single Cars, Train}
  • Car Type {Suspended, Cars on Track}
  • Inversion {Yes, No}
  • Length of Ride {distance measurement}
  • Ride Time {time measurement}
  • Water? {Yes, No}
  • Cost {Free With Park Admission, Fee with denomination}
  • Host Site/Park Name
  • Rider Height Restriction {No, Height Minimum Value, Height Maximum Value (for kids rides)}
  • Number of Riders {number}
  • Top Speed {number}
  • Top Speed Units {mph, km/h}
  • Manufacturer {text}

Can I ask why you need a height requirement?

Why not mark ALL Rollercoasters?

In general, I agree. OTOH, there are a lot of "kiddie" rollercoasters that we might not want to include.

You could just separate them by height and other variables. I think if there can be a category like "fountains" there should be one for "rollercoasters."

Check out the online rollercoaster database. Keep in mind some of the variables they use for their site.

Still not seeing the need to restrict this to 200' plus. Some great coasters are under the 200' range.

Permanent Rollercoaster (as in "Not with a travelling carnival") would be great. Even Cedar Point has less than 20 for now :huh: . Okay they have 16 but they keep building them.

If I'm going to the trouble of carrying my GPS and camera to capture myself at the entrance of Roller Coasters... I'm gonna want them all for each park.

Just my 1.8c CDN

:huh: The Blue Quasar

Still not seeing the need to restrict this to 200' plus. Some great coasters are under the 200' range.

Permanent Rollercoaster (as in "Not with a travelling carnival") would be great. Even Cedar Point has less than 20 for now :laughing: . Okay they have 16 but they keep building them.

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar

Excellent! I totally agree. I am NOT a roller coaster rider (the ferris wheel is my idea of a thrill ride), but I do like them, and find them intriguing. Height is not the only factor making for an outstanding roller coaster.

I've gotten rusty in my time away. Guess I thought the officers, at least, would see the URL. Here it is:

Roller Coasters

The Roller Coasters category isn't limited to 200' -- that was the name of the thread as it was started some time back.

Doesn't matter how tall it is to me.

I'd not thought about the "Permanent" versus "Transient" roller coaster rides. Should there be a note in the description that we'll only accept Permanent Roller Coasters? I prefer keeping the category title short, call it my "adjective conservation program." :huh:

(Not to hijack the thread, but a "Transient" waymark is problematic, there have been discussions on Waymarking ferries, scenic railroads, or other transportation objects that have multiple stops.)

(BTW, I'm not being notified of replies to this thread, is that feature broken? The flag says notifications are on for replies, but I've seen none.)

az_pistolero