Explorist 210 Vs Explorist 400

Curandero

I have been trying to decide on my first GPS unit. I am stuck between the Magellan eXplorist 210 and the 400. It seems to me that the main difference is the ability to use SD cards with the 400. However, there is a large cost difference. For doing basic geocaching with my family and friends and mostly doing our excursions on the weekends and vacations. Is it necessary to step up to the 400? Or will the 210 do me just fine ? Any advice or comparisons would be welcomed.

Give your self a gift , load and try the lowrance h2o simulator before making your choice and compare the feature you will get with it!

for about $250.00 you will get the gps and the mapcreate 6.3 software...

Have fun!

www.lowrance.com

Edited by daytrek

As far as price goes a 210 is around $160. You can get a Explorist 400 from Compuplus for around $184 after the $50 rebate. For the extra $24 dollars you get unlimited storage with an SD card. Just think everytime software comes out it takes up more and more space. I think the 400 is a unit that will grow with you (SD card) as the map sizes get bigger.

Just my 2 cents.

I got my first GPS for Christmas, it was an Explorist 200. I had the receipt and returned it because they paid too much for that unit, $150. Right now I'm pretty close to buying the 500 from Compuplus for $254- 50 rebate for a cost of $204. Probably the best price you will find for that unit anywhere. So for $54 more in my cost I get unlimited space on a SD card and a color screen. I was close to buying the 400 for $184 but for $20 more I get the color screen.

Remember to add $15-20 for Compuplus shipping prices.

Kyle

Thanks for the info. I too have looked at Compusave. What I have found is you can get it a bit cheaper at www.fogdog.com. They have free shipping. Total cost is $250.54 then the $50 rebate. The other sites with the same deal are: the sports authority, dicks sporting goods and cbs sports (mvp) store. All have free shipping!

Just ordered the Explorist 500 from compuplus for $254 plus $19 shipping. I guess if I bought it local the taxes would be $15 so from that stand point the shipping is close to a wash with taxes. Most places can ship for less than half that price but their prices are higher. There also is a $50 rebate so the 500 price is $204.

Remember its compuplus and not compusave.

Kyle

If you can get to a Costco, check and see if they still have the 400 bundle for $250.00 plus the $50.00 rebate, final cost $200.00. My Costco had them up until Christmas. The bundle comes with Topo 3D and a 256mb card. You can do the rebate online, and you receive it in about a month.