1/8/06 Found First Cache

canpaddle

Hello, this is my first post! Im 42 years old and have lived in N. MN my entire life. Received a surprise for Christmas 05... Etrex Legend. Never crossed my mind before to own a GPS. I knew nothing about them except their probably too complex. I love the Legend! Ive programmed it and have tried it out several times in the woods. Learned about all the features in a week after trying it. Then I found these pages. Also found out about GeoCaching. Tried it out and had no luck finding any of the first five in my area. I thought they were all missing or buried in a snowbank or something wrong with the Legend? No I trusted my GPS. Then I downloaded GARMIN MetroGuide with a little fussing but finally successful. I tried once more for a cache in Wisconsin and was about to give up, but went from another angle bringing me back to the exact spot where I'd already been. I knew it was probably so close so I just kept looking a little more in this area. Then I SAW THE CACHE and opened it and signed the log and dated the log and left. I put $ .36 inside. I walked away so proud and happy to have found the first one! May many more follow.

Canpaddle

Thanks everyone! This has been the greatest. Am planning going out caching this weekend again. Mayybe will find a few more. Thanks again! :(

Good Luck and remember, once you get close

Look under the bench

Look over by the log

Look at the log ends

Look up in the tree

Look under the picnic table

Look on the guard rail

Look under that pile of sticks

Look under that pile of rocks

Then go back and do it all over again because it was probably there and you just didn't see it :D

Yeah, it gets easier with time :D

Welcome and have fun.