Magellan Meridian Colour $249. Cdn

riddlemethis

My father in law just bought one of those reasonably priced Meridian Color units in N.S.

I have a Sportrak Pro and basically these are the same as far as functionality goes, the map is nicer because of the color feature........but you need to use the light if you want to be able to see the map!!!!! If the light is off forget about using the unit too dark. That I don't like even with it being color. It has two light settings but even with the lowest setting your battery lasts far less than with the light off. If you're going to have it hooked up to pwer,,,,no issue. I played with his GPSr for about 2 weeks before I gave it back, loading in Topo and detailed street info and using it in the woods etc. Very nice machine but really not much better than mine (except for the ability of loading additional maps on the SD card. I really enjoy using my Sportrak Pro and wouldn't upgrade to this one for that reason.

But for that price I say it's a good deal.....

SARJOR

We payed around $800.00 as well for ours around 1.5 years ago... Course this was the travellers pack which came with a cradle, cable and mapping CD....

Which is something else you should keep in mind. If you expect detailed mapping on this unit... streets and such. You will most likely also need to purchase one of the CD's and possibly the cable. Find out what you get with the purchase.

Even then, it is still a good deal!

We got ours at Costco for $299 at the end of Nov. Til then we had been borrowing a sporttrek. We figured the $299 was a great price and liked that we could add maps with the SD cards, admittedly we have not added maps yet, but we will. It can also take an external anntenna if you feel the need for it. It is abit of a battery hog though.

Ice