Dipping Travel Bugs

M.S. thebrain and Pinky

My origanal Question was because I picked up a bug who wished to Visit as many Caches in our Province as it could . I only Held it a couple of Days but visited several Micro's before I placed it In a cache . Is it normal to dip bugs into micros

or does it Just depend on how a player feels the Game should be played

If the TB wants to visit as may caches as possible I'll dip it in any cache that I find. I think the only cache where you were not allowed to dip a TB was a locationless cache.

I personnally would have interpreted that as

wishing to be dropped and retrieved in and from

as many caches as possible by different geocachers,

but that's just me.

Good point. I have a couple of TBs that want to visit as many caches as possible and state on the TB page that's it's quite OK for the person currently holding to dip the TB in each cache they find. The only drawback to dipping when you're on a cache run is it generates a bunch of email for the owner, but hey, it's easy to hit the delete key :)

I'd never heard the term until Jan 8 2006, Kinda makes sense though doesn't it?

Yeah I don't log bugs unless they have been to the cache. My personal travel bug gets logged however even if the dogtag wasn't there, because personally. I was.

Yes, makes perfect sense to me. Yesterday, logging my finds, it was hard to do my normal "dipping" because GC.com was running sssssssoooooooooo slow, and I had a time out error on a couple of logs. Since it was a holiday weekend, I'm sure there were many trying to log finds around the world, but I perservered and got mine logged as well. Released several TB's and delivered many that I received from MaxB on the River while he was in California last week on business. This travel bug thing is extremely addicting and I don't care how many emails (as a TB owner) I get. I'm excited every time a TB visits a new cache!