Quotes/signatures

jazz_man

Patrick Henry said, “sir, we are not weak, if we make a proper use of the means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people, armed in the Holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force our enemy can send against us.

Besides sir, we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of just nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battle for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave…

Is life so dear or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

We need more men in politics like Patrick today. I'm so sick of the we can't whip

them crowd so let's just come home and bury our heads in the sand.

Stress is when you wakeup screaming and you realize you haven’t fallen asleep yet.

(Unknown)

as i walked along

the supposed golden path

I was trembling with fear

all the lions and the wizards yet to come

(Golden Path by The Chemical Brothers)

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Peter: I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it Bob.

(from the movie Office Space)

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: "I drank what?"

(From the movie Real Genius)

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes

(from the movie Airplane II)

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

(from the movie Blazing Saddles)

My wife and I laughed hysterically at a local sandwich shop when we saw a 1940's style picture on a magnet that showed a housewife with a great big smile and had the words "DIAMONDS!, You think I do this for free?" -loved it, never seen it used. :wacko:

That and "I don't have to outrun a bear, I just have to outrun you!"

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

From Urban Dead, where there's a major zombie-vs-human battle going on at Caiger Mall:

"And survivors in Malton now abed/Shall think themselves accursed they were not here/And hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks/That fought the zombie Horde at Caiger Mall!"

From Babylon 5: Into the Fire:

"Good morning, gentlemen - this is your wake-up call!" - John Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner)

From the intro to The Prisoner (all episodes after Arrival):

"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number 6 (Patrick McGoohan)

And last but not least:

"Those who would give up essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

--Both by Benjamin Franklin

(P.S. - Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what the first quote was based on!)

Macavity' date='Feb 6 2006, 01:59 PM' post='2022272']

From Urban Dead, where there's a major zombie-vs-human battle going on at Caiger Mall:

"And survivors in Malton now abed/Shall think themselves accursed they were not here/And hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks/That fought the zombie Horde at Caiger Mall!"

From Babylon 5: Into the Fire:

"Good morning, gentlemen - this is your wake-up call!" - John Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner)

From the intro to The Prisoner (all episodes after Arrival):

"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number 6 (Patrick McGoohan)

And last but not least:

"Those who would give up essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

--Both by Benjamin Franklin

(P.S. - Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what the first quote was based on!)

The first one is based on the Saint Crispin's Day speech from Shakespeare's Henry V.

[Edit to add the pertinant text]

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Edited by Thrak

"I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them."

-Issac Asimov

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

-Steve Wozinak

Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts.

-Minor White

Macavity' date='Feb 6 2006, 01:59 PM' post='2022272']

<snip>

The first one is based on the Saint Crispin's Day speech from Shakespeare's Henry V.

[Edit to add the pertinant text]

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

You, sir, get the bonus points!

Added:

My current signature is based on the "Geocaching" section of Patrolling with Sean Kennedy, season 1, episode 3. Prior to filming the episode, Sean came across a container that was part of a multi-cache and whose contents looked to be in pretty poor shape.

Due to the condition of the cache, he decided to take it home and do some cache maintenance. He salvaged what paper items he could, re-printed the badly damaged cache note, and "WOG-laminated" it (he covered the front and back with clear packing tape, then trimmed off the excess).

He then placed the salvaged paper items and smaller trades in a heavy Ziploc-type freezer bag, then placed the larger trades, Ziploc bag, and cache note in a spare ammo can, which he then labeled and returned to the cache site.

Edited by [RR]Macavity

The first two I stole from someone I can't remember.....The last quote is my current sig line

"I use multi-billion dollar military satellites

to track down Tupperware in the woods.

...And what do YOU do?"

-------------------

Garmin 60CS - $400

Hiking Boots - $140

Tank of Gas - $40 (raised again )

Pocket Full of Trade Swag - $10

Calling in Sick to Work so I Can Go Caching - PRICELESS

-----------------

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!" Have an exciting day!

The first two I stole from someone I can't remember.....The last quote is my current sig line

"I use multi-billion dollar military satellites

to track down Tupperware in the woods.

...And what do YOU do?"

-------------------

Garmin 60CS - $400

Hiking Boots - $140

Tank of Gas - $40 (raised again )

Pocket Full of Trade Swag - $10

Calling in Sick to Work so I Can Go Caching - PRICELESS

-----------------

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!" Have an exciting day!

I saw an AWESOME one that I have been trying to track down on another forum! When I find it, I will post it here 'cause it is the best one I have ever seen.

As promised, I found the sig line that I had been hunting for! After I found it, I started hunting around for this thread again and glad I found it....here goes! IT'S A MASTERCARD MOMENT!!!! Also stolen from another cacher...

GPSr ... $300. Ointment and bandaids for poison ivy and chigger bites ... $12. Finding the glow-in-the-dark rubber alien at the end of the search ... Priceless.

Edited by Super_Nate

A bit more on the philosophical end of things, but I feel my sig line is a true and proper view of life. Spoken by George Washington shortly after a bullet pierced the collar of his coat. Reverence and Uncertainty:

"See the wonderous works of Providence; the uncertainty of human things."

Mother nature can be mean, there is no dumb-a** vaccine-- Jimmy Buffett

My signature is one of many Teddy Roosevelt quotes I use.

I think Nietzsche was a geocacher,"there is your way, there is my way, there is no THE way"

Our office slogan, "Never argue with the investigator. It's like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After awhile, you realize the pig is enjoying it"

Edited by Savoy 6