Quotes/signatures

jazz_man

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Muy cierto Watson...muy cierto.... :unsure:

Edited by jazz_man
Stole this tagline from another board.  She's demanding payments!

The slinky line is one of my favorites because it is sooooooo very true.

I also like this one from jazz_man "Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte" as it relates so well to geocaching. :unsure:

Edited by Thrak

Super_Nate, that one's pretty good actually...

As for my sig line, it means: "Not all who wonder are lost".

That's an Irish saying. It originally became well-known when J.R.R. Tolkein used it in the "Lord of the Rings" series. As he was an Irish Gaelic professor.

I just happen to either know this stuff, or have ways of finding it out. I don't actully have knowledge of the Irish. (although I do think that they're pretty cool...)

Edited by jazz_man

Thanks Jazzman. I'm not a Tolkein fan, but I did recognize the language. Only because I spent a while trying to learn the language without much success.

Now, I should spend more time studying Tolkein. There's a cache nearby called the Fellowship of the Cache that I'd really like to find. Guess I have to read the books first, before I can attempt it :P

Thanks Jazzman.  I'm not a Tolkein fan, but I did recognize the language.  Only because I spent a while trying to learn the language without much success.

Now, I should spend more time studying Tolkein.  There's a cache nearby called the Fellowship of the Cache that I'd really like to find.  Guess I have to read the books first, before I can attempt it  :P

You could always just cut and paste it into Google to get the translation. :P