Tb Rescue Bid

Sharpeset

Does anyone out there know cachers by the name of 'Muppettree', from the Winchester area? I believe they may have defected from the sport in May last year, while in posession of two TBs, one of them mine (hence my interest). I went to GCMJYQ (Itchen to get back to the pub) last week to rescue it, but it was not there. :ph34r: The log book contains an entry by Muppettree from May, stating they took the two bugs. The TBs have not been logged out of the cache, and the cachers have not logged anything since. Have E:mailed them (politely, of course) but have had no response. Just wondered if anyone knew them and could get the bugs back....I can but hope! Cheers, Pete

Edited by Sharpeset
Quite disappointing that our first TB should go just 20 miles and then get 'lost'. Cheers, Pete

:ph34r: Commiserations! We've just had exactly the same experience: Our first TB, the "Roamin' Roman" went AWOL from his home cache to meet some other Romans. He did one jump 20 miles west into another very appropriate Roman cache...which was then trashed...and he's disappeared.

We'll wait a few weeks to see if he reappears and, if not, we'll get his twin brother out to search for him using the duplicate tag.

Of couse, he could be on a secret mission somewhere <_<

Mrs B

Thanks Bill and Nobby. I'll try Jan and the Percy boys as suggested. Contacting the scouts might be a bit over the top...

Cheers Pete

Edited to report that Muppettree is actually "Jan"'s sister and they have offered to intervene in an attempt to get the bugs on the road again. Thunderbirds are go...maybe...

Edited by Sharpeset