Multiple Home Coordinates

ca-2-mo

I travel a lot because none of family lives near me. When I go visit them I always bring my GPSer with me. However I have to reenter their coordinates each time I get there. I would love to eble to have a couple of "home corrdinates" to choose from. This would also be good if you commuted to work this way you could search from there or from your home. I realize that many cachers have cooler GPSers then me and can plug them into their computer but little old me has to enter them in by hand.

Go to this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?acode=

choose "by coordinate" from the pull down menu, and put in the coordinates for a location (there's a check box to exclude the ones you've found if you'd like).

When the page comes up, add it to your favorites in your browser, and give the link a descriptive name like "Caches close to home" or "Caches close to work". Now you've got a link you can use to come back whenever you want, and it'll only take one click of the mouse.

Bookmark as many different locations as you want. :D

Edited by Mushtang

add it to your favorites in your browser, and give the link a descriptive name like "Caches close to home" or "Caches close to work". Now you've got a link you can use to come back whenever you want, and it'll only take one click of the mouse.

Bookmark as many different locations as you want. :blink:

That is so simple I didn't even think of it. Thanks

add it to your favorites in your browser, and give the link a descriptive name like "Caches close to home" or "Caches close to work".  Now you've got a link you can use to come back whenever you want, and it'll only take one click of the mouse.

Bookmark as many different locations as you want.  :blink:

That is so simple I didn't even think of it. Thanks

It's computer-specific, as opposed to account-specific. You could, f course, have different default shortcuts on different computers, which are stationary at various locations.

But the best would be to get a premium membership. No need for workarounds, and many other benefits.

The Waymarking.com site already gives users the ability to set multiple centerpoints. It's a cool feature and I enjoy the convenience of searching from near home and near my office.

The plan would be to extend that function over to Geocaching.com as and when time permits.

Ah, right. I forgot. My geocaching.com membership fee going to support features on a site that I don't use, never will use, features that should have been developed for geocaching.com first, and then moved to Waymarking.com as time permitted.

My geocaching.com membership fee going to support features on a site that I don't use, never will use, features that should have been developed for geocaching.com first, and then moved to Waymarking.com as time permitted.

I just checked and your membership fees actually helped to pay for our Xerox Phaser 7750 copier in the office. It was only a small portion but we appreciate your help nonetheless.

My geocaching.com membership fee going to support features on a site that I don't use, never will use, features that should have been developed for geocaching.com first, and then moved to Waymarking.com as time permitted.

I just checked and your membership fees actually helped to pay for our Xerox Phaser 7750 copier in the office. It was only a small portion but we appreciate your help nonetheless.

Phew. Okay.

Next year I'd like my membership fee to pay for toner for that Xerox Phaser 7750. I feel like an adoptive parent now to little Xerxy (as I like to call the little rascal).

If the photocopies of Signal's butt from the holiday party were put up for sale at Shop Groundspeak, then the Phaser 7750 would pay for itself and certain members' subscription payments could be used to pay a contract programmer to migrate the multiple coordinates feature over from Waymarking.

I know that I'd pay another $7.99 for a second copy.