Free Trial Of Map Features

ca-2-mo

I have read about all the things that you get when you become a Premium member and the one thing that would really get me to do it is the map zooming and scrolling feature. I would love it if there was a way to try it once before you signed up.

Thanks robert. :D

The $3 a month would work better for me cause I could drop it for times I don't need it, or coulden't use it (computer failures).

I like the OP's suggestion of a free trial. Maybe they could do like Dish does, they sometimes open a bunch of channels for 3-4 days on occasion, so you can "see what your missing."

Just my .02... if you want to zoom a map and locate caches at the same time, why not just download Google Earth for free and download the Geocache Community pluggin, also for free from geocaching.com? Have you seen that yet? It's pretty slick.

Not everyone uses a Windoze PC, and not everyone wants to install 3rd party software (although I don't know why especially with multi-gigabyte hard drives these days) :D

Something that I do quite often is just cut and past the coordinates from the cache page directly to the search field of google maps. It will pinpoint exactly where the cache is, and you can zoom/pan/ etc.

Also just click the "hybrid" or "satellite" button, and you have an instant satellite photo with the location marked also. Works very nice.

For instance ... put the numbers - N 37° 49.525 W 094° 21.211 in the search box at Google Maps and you will see exactly where one of your local caches are at.

Edited by ILBandit
Something that I do quite often is just cut and past the coordinates from the cache page directly to the search field of google maps. It will pinpoint exactly where the cache is, and you can zoom/pan/ etc.

Also just click the "hybrid" or "satellite" button, and you have an instant satellite photo with the location marked also. Works very nice.

For instance ... put the numbers - N 37° 49.525 W 094° 21.211 in the search box at Google Maps and you will see exactly where one of your local caches are at.

Uhm, why bother doing all that copy/pasting when there is a direct link to the google map right on the cache page? :ph34r:

3c77119f-5abb-430a-a4b4-a0895bac0f09.jpg

Edited by Mopar
Uhm, why bother doing all that copy/pasting when there is a direct link to the google map right on the cache page?

:blink::blink: Because I'm an idiot, that never noticed that before. LOL

Sorry, :blink: belive it or not, I had never really noticed that. Thanks for the info.

Uhm, why bother doing all that copy/pasting when there is a direct link to the google map right on the cache page?

:blink::blink: Because I'm an idiot, that never noticed that before. LOL

Sorry, :blink: belive it or not, I had never really noticed that. Thanks for the info.

It's new in the last couple months or so. Easy to miss if you were used to the other links there!

Just my .02... if you want to zoom a map and locate caches at the same time, why not just download Google Earth for free and download the Geocache Community pluggin, also for free from geocaching.com?  Have you seen that yet?  It's pretty slick.

I love using Google earth. Where do you get this community plugin at? Thanks.