Team Caching

Sometimes I cache by myself, but more than half the time I either have my wife and our dog, or my wife, our friends John & Janee and our dog. In the latter case we call ourselves Team Wylie after our beagle. I got John and Janee interested in it because they were looking for a reason to go out hiking or walking, and geocaching is a nice reason. You might try the Texas Geocaching Association for people to cache with, or see if there is an organization in your area. Here in the DFW area there is a Yahoo group that I've seen people looking for caching buddies on. Good luck!

Rich;)

I usually cache alone, (it helps when you actually like being with yourself and your thoughts), but I have always had a great time when caching with a partner.

I'll bet there are plently of locals who would love to team up with you, especially other women. Teaming up is a great movitator to get up and go do some serious caching.

I'm blessed to have a wife that thinks geocaching is as cool as I do, so I nearly always have someone to go out with. The downside, (if there is one) is that I sometimes feel guilty if I go out without her, and if we go seperately we often end up visiting the cache again so the other person can bag it.

My favorite thing to do it 'Trio' caching. Three people seems like the perfect number of folks to be out looking for a cache. Enough people so you much better luck on difficult hides, without the problems of a dozen people stomping around everywhere.

I adopted the monicker "Team LPD" because my wife and I will be doing this together. Granted, right now its usually just me and our dog, but thats due to the weather. My wife desn't like the cold weather too much and the caches I've been doing take a little bit of walking in the woods. She has found a couple urban micros with me though.

Once the weather breaks or isn't so cold Team LPD (me, wife and dog) will be out beating the bush.

I enjoy at least going out in two's as well...either my fiancee and I or my oldest daughter and I. Some one to talk to and search with, much more fun in my opinion with a friend, but...I would go alone...for the sake of the cache..of corse!!

hereigoagain5209

If I had to cache hunt alone, I would not go cache hunting. Therefore I never have and never will go cache hunting alone. For me, not having someone along to share the hike/walk/whatever and search with would be super boring. The couple of times that I have tried group caching ended up becoming an informal competition, friendly competition I'll grant you, but competition nonetheless. Not what I am into the activity for, no doubt about that. :blink:

Edited by Team Cotati

My husband and I usually cache together, but we have each gone alone. I have taken some of my coworkers out to try the fun. I have a lot more fun with someone else along.

We read about a special series of caches while we were doing a nearby one, and remarked on the log that we would like to go to that place "someday"---The hike leader put together another group not long after that. We met 15 other cachers that day and had a wonderful time together.

We have an active local group of cachers who take turns hosting "Meet and Eat" events once a month. Those can be anything from an ice cream social in a local park, to a game night at a library, to a gathering at a local eatery. Some have event caches and some have other themes. We have met many of the local cachers that way, and they have invited us to cache with them. They show up as event caches on the cache lists.

We also joined a regional group. They are planning to start group hikes (called Trail Mixes) that will include a mix of new and experienced cachers and hikers. At one of the meetings we met a couple from another part of the state, and they came to our town for a couple of days of caching in December.

So...if you want to find someone to cache with....

1) look for special caching groups mentioned in the logs of the caches near you, and see if that might interest you.

2) See if there is a local group and join them a time or two.

3) Look for a regional group also---there may be another person from your local area that you will want to cache with.

4) If you don't notice any local groups near you, try emailing some of the more active cachers, and ask them if they know of anyone looking for a caching partner.

5) host an event at a local coffee shop if there isn't a local group.