Interfacing Pc & Gps Problem

Shelmalier

I'm not sure, but I'll start the questions --

1. What type of computer (PC or MAC), and what Operating System (OS)?

2. Have you configured the computer to look for (expect to find) hardware connected to the COM1 port?

3. Recheck all your connections to make sure they are good.

4. Try turning your machine off, wait a minute, then restart the computer with the GPS attached to the COM cable.

That's all the ideas I have right now -- Good Luck

I've connected my Garmin Pilot III to my PC through the COM1 serial port. When I try to send a waypoint to the GPS using EasyGPS software it tells me that COM1 serial port cannot be opened. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

A lot of times if you have only one physical serial port (plug) on computer, it is NOT COM 1... COM 1 may be a modem or some other device. If you can identify physical port and it is COM 1 then some other device (virtual) has taken control of physical port (plug) SYNC interfaces for PDA love to grab COM 1 and not let it go unless you manually disable it....

Usually COM ports can be identified (an manipulated) through settings under Device Manager under Hardware tab under System Icon of Control Panel.

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn